Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Auto to 5 speed vw wiring  (Read 4104 times)
TayteRamsey

« on: May 02, 2021, 10:01:25 AM »

Hi, I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find a wiring diagram for my 02 Jetta 1.8t with the AWP. I’m looking for the pin color layout and location of the TCM and the ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 11:45:25 AM »

Hi, I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find a wiring diagram for my 02 Jetta 1.8t with the AWP. I’m looking for the pin color layout and location of the TCM and the ECU.

few ways to do this. keep in mind from the factory it has 2 clutch switches. one clutch switch is the safety stop circuit that cuts ground from the starter relay coil and is intended to stop the car from starting while clutch is disengaged and in gear. the other switch is for cruse control vacuum vent switch or simply the cruse cancel switch. When the clutch is disengaged it tells the ecu "close circuit" (NC) you are off the clutch. When you step on the clutch it goes "open circuit" witch in turn tells the ecu you are stepping on the clutch. the ecu uses the vacuum vent switch for switching between allowable torque at idle maps and  specific idle / off throttle ignition maps. Also, its used when no lift shift and launch control code is added to the tune.

You also need to contend with speedo too. normally speedo is from a reluctor on the trans that then is wired into the cluster and backfeeds the signal to the ecu. Alternatively, you can flip a few bits in the cluster eeprom and ecu flash to pickup speed from the abs module. basically you can get around the rewire job if fixed in software. I cant remember the acronyms off the top of my head but i know that the 02 jetta manual is bit configured as 1 for speed from speed sensor and switching bits 1 to 2 will give you speed from abs over can.

Btw the tcu and ecu are located in the rain tray under the wiper cowl. you need to remove the rain tray and wiper arms. 13mm socket and some good olde fashion elbow grease will be required to get the wiper arms off. Some penetrating oil helps too.

Cluster harness BLUE plug
28 - Input signal - Speedometer Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
TayteRamsey

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 12:39:08 PM »

Thank you for the information, I have followed the complete diesel guide on the under dash wiring which color code was all the same and found all the information on connecting the vss and brake light switch on top of the transmission and have it all figured out. Rpm works but speedo and odometer does not. I have removed the instrument cluster and have found #28 on blue plug that ties in with the ecu. Just needing to find the tcm wire that connects back to the ecu but am having trouble.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: