Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Manual swap questions  (Read 4642 times)
PhilthyLime

« on: June 07, 2021, 09:42:10 AM »

So I've done a manual swap and thrown on k04s onto my 091 Audi allroad, and I'm uncomfortable with tuning the ECU, however prepping it for my tuner I was trying to get the ABS coded correctly and I couldn't nail it down.  I have the original ECU untouched, but I have been using a 2000 A6 ECU as it was already a manual and didn't have an immobilizer, and I thought it would allow me to not have to flash the ECU because I didn't feel comfortable doing that.  I however through more research am thinking that I will have to flash the ECU in order for some coding to stick and work correctly together.

here's what I have done already:

correctly coded instruments cluster to not look for the auto trans.

coded the brakes to have the correct specifications for my car and the coding stuck(which I thought was a good sign) and I was able to do a steering angle calibration.

However I still had abs on my dash so I looked further.  The original ECU did not have ESP like the allroad has, and the ABS and the engine don't like not being on the same page.  I learned that the engine is coded for no ESP/ASR, and I needed to log in and fix that by changing the softcoding in the engine module from 06612 to 06712.

When I attempt to do that it will not take the coding, which I assume is due to it being an APB, and it will not allow me to recode the engine to the proper coding.  What is the consensus here, am I logging into the engine module wrong, and that is why I cannot correctly change the coding, or do I need to flash the ECU with a manual allroad file and restart the coding of the modules all over to see if the ABS and engine will like to play along? or are there other files that I need to flash like a late S4 that has ESP, or a later A6 with the same?  thanks for the help in advance, I hope my block of text is manageable for y'all to read.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:45:07 AM »

Post P/Ns of ECU(s)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
PhilthyLime

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 10:44:44 AM »

The original allroad ECU is P/N 427 907 551 K

The donor A6 ECU is P/N 4B0 907 551 K

is there any other info you would need me to post?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 11:05:50 AM »

06712 may, indeed, not be a supported coding. I will have to do some more digging, or, alternately, you may need to try a different ecu bin that does support 06712, or trial and error various codings to see what it will take.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
PhilthyLime

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 11:14:25 AM »

Would I need to get a new ECU, or would I have the option to flash a new base file into the old A6 ECU with no immobilizer? I was under the impression that if I flashed a manual A6 file with abs it would come with the correct 06712 coding (or maybe 06711? Can't remember if the A6 and Allroad are a different end to that coding), then I could specify the other trivial ABS stuff.

I already got rid of air suspension, so I'm not worried about staying exclusive to Allroad files for the air, but more wanting it to work so that I feel better when the tuner looks at it lol.  Thanks for the help so far though.

I am assuming you cannot rewrite that field in this old of an ECU because as far as I know the manual swap needs a ECU flash in APB engine codes, I figured that this was the reason for that.
PhilthyLime

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 11:16:51 AM »

Oof I misread what you said, yeah a new bin that supports that coding makes sense.

I need to work on my reading comprehension lol.

Do you have any idea where I may find that on this site? I could a lot of 7.1.1 bins but had trouble locating a 7.1 for an A6
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 11:25:28 AM »

S4 M (6sp) or L (tip) would be your best bet.

See my sig.

ECUx Plot

PhilthyLime

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 11:40:13 AM »

so from the s4wiki, I should be able to use a M box or a T box BIN because they are after ESP was introduced then? and treat the car as if it is a s4 instead of an A6, correct?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 11:41:25 AM »

so from the s4wiki, I should be able to use a M box or a T box BIN because they are after ESP was introduced then? and treat the car as if it is a s4 instead of an A6, correct?

Correct. M/L is has one the most extensive xdf (and a 5120 file) available.

If your car had immo, though, you will lose that functionality.

ECUx Plot

PhilthyLime

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 11:49:06 AM »

actually, I have a better question, I found the index of base files and the stock part numbers, and understand that much better, is there any way I can view the coding of the file before I flash it to the ECU? just to make sure the file I flash is correct and don't have to do it multiple times?
PhilthyLime

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 11:50:53 AM »

it loses immo when I use the A6 ECU regardless, I am not looking to keep that functionality anyways, just want it to run correct first and if I want security I can figure out all of that at a later time.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »

actually, I have a better question, I found the index of base files and the stock part numbers, and understand that much better, is there any way I can view the coding of the file before I flash it to the ECU? just to make sure the file I flash is correct and don't have to do it multiple times?

The flash itself does not have a coding, the coding is stored on a separate chip (the eeprom, vs the flash).

ECUx Plot

PhilthyLime

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 03:20:11 PM »

So does the flash allow me to alter the coding then? I guess I understood wrong as I thought the flash would have the correct coding for modules that I cannot usually edit.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2021, 05:09:07 PM »

The flash (think of it as the application) reads/writes the eeprom on behalf of VCDS (think of the eeprom as an options registry), and double checks that whatever you want to write to the eeprom is supported by the app itself, or it will not let you set that option

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: