Pages: [1]
Author Topic: newest newbie humbly asks for guidance on preferred system setup  (Read 6097 times)
slashgw

newest newbie humbly asks for guidance on preferred system setup

Hey all!

I've read through a lot of pages and I have been trying a few different cables/adapters that have been accumulated over the years but not having any success getting any to work with the ME7EEPROM or the NefAuto apps.  So if you don't mind, I will mention what my goals are and hopefully someone can guide me towards what I need to have for a proper setup.

My current target is the ME7.3H4 ECU and then hopefully some digging into the associated CFC231 TCU.

So for starters, what software and system/OS should I be using to do the communication with these modules?  (I'd prefer to stay away from setting up VMs if possible)

What is the preferred cable for connecting to these devices that works with the recommended OS in my previous question?  I followed a lot of links in previous threads that have become outdated so it'd be great if I can finally find one that will work for exactly what I need in this case.

Software-wise, what is the preferred tools for simple reading & writing to the devices?  I've read about the tools for checksum correction, so I am aware of that part.

Any & all help is greatly appreciated!  And I promise that I will not be "that guy" who straight-out asks for tunes!  lol Smiley
Best wishes,
s
bamofo

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:14:54 AM »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193644323250?hash=item2d1619e1b2:g:qDIAAOSwGzNeQq~D

I use that with both and it works just fine.
slashgw

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:50:17 AM »

Thanks for the link.  I just ordered one of them, as well as another that seems similar.  Unfortunately neither are in-stock in the US.  Maybe I will check for one locally as well, until the others arrive.
Norwegian1.8T

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »

I've found that Windows 7 64bit is the most supported and stable system when it comes to ECU software. When it comes to hardware there are many open source flashers and eeprom writers that are based on the FTDI chip vag-com cables. Don't buy a super cheap one with crappy hardware and chepo cables that wear out quickly
krashot

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 09:10:07 AM »

Does it works with full version VCDS?
prj

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 02:48:45 PM »

Does it works with full version VCDS?

Of course not and we're probably talking about a Ferrari 360 here, so why are you in here asking about VCDS?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jahko

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 07:08:39 AM »

The chip in it is more important than the make or where you get it, nothing works properly with the ch340 or whatever it's called, make sure it is genuine ftdi to the extent of opening it when it arrives.
Bacaur

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 04:00:33 AM »

Thanks for your sharing. I'd like to try it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: