Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Using the runner flap pwm output for water meth med9.1  (Read 9385 times)
john9357

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 09:52:02 AM »

https://youtu.be/pyu9mRy2_uU
https://youtu.be/NzbplAtXeeE
https://youtu.be/XQOCfHp7Tbs
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 09:53:48 AM by john9357 » Logged
john9357

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 10:06:58 AM »

I answer here to the questions asked in mp.
it is enough to modify a pwm function of the ecu to transform it into a pulse function and to make it synchronous with the engine rotation.
then to create a strategy of calculation by using the variables pressure, tension, temperature and to add the special maps for this secondary injection like krkate fkkvs tvub temin...
jacktfsi

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 04:27:16 PM »

I understand the strategies to control the injectors but what I’m struggling with is locating the registers which hold the pwm settings. I’ve read the mpc562 architecture and found where the registers should reside but I cannot find them in the ecu. According the ELF file I have the registers are in the textflashbios but again I’m struggling to locate this? Have you done this before? If so any clue on where it is located?

Ill carry on looking and post if I find anything.

Cheers
prj

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2021, 03:38:48 AM »

I answer here to the questions asked in mp.
it is enough to modify a pwm function of the ecu to transform it into a pulse function and to make it synchronous with the engine rotation.
then to create a strategy of calculation by using the variables pressure, tension, temperature and to add the special maps for this secondary injection like krkate fkkvs tvub temin...

You're way overthinking it.
I'd do the pulse per two engine rotations.

And also it's enough to do TVUB + a single RL x NMOT map with a factor that gets multiplied by RL.
You're not going to do a full lambda targeting control and mixing anyway. It's too much work for what can be solved much easier.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
john9357

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2021, 01:15:47 PM »

You may be satisfied with little, but not everyone is.
prj

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 02:27:16 PM »

You may be satisfied with little, but not everyone is.
LOL

Or maybe what's more likely, you don't have any clue what you're talking about here calibration wise Smiley

IPW = rk_w * Factor + TVUB. RL and through it rk_w are already temperature compensated and target lambda is baked into rk_w. TVUB is nice to have.
For the factor you use a map with same axis as FKKVS for simplicity of tuning.

It can be literally done with 2 maps and the result will be exactly the same as doing it with 20 maps. Especially in this case, where injection is needed only on WOT, as using DI everywhere else is preferable.
More is not always better. It's not exactly voodoo magic, the hardest part for everyone will be to find how to control PWM, but actually it's not so hard if you look at the OEM routines.
I don't get the obsession with this stuff on a pretty much dead platform though...

PWM is maybe even the wrong word for it, all you need is to turn the input on and off in a crank-synchronous interrupt.
Did not look at this on MED9, on ME7 it was possible to do a single fire with a certain duration via configuring the registers.
I did this for WMI control a long time ago, I don't see the big problem about it, I certainly was not as up to speed back then.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=19238.0title= - this little project with source code reconfigures intake flap to control N75...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:53:38 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
john9357

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 03:36:18 PM »

absolutely! I don't know what I'm talking about, I think here nobody knows anything and everybody is bad except you!
prj

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 03:56:30 PM »

absolutely! I don't know what I'm talking about, I think here nobody knows anything and everybody is bad except you!
Discuss the topic, not the person.
You take a jab at someone, then get offended when this is returned. Read what I wrote in previous post and if you have something to add to it, then do so.

Log your car properly.
jacktfsi

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 04:17:23 PM »

Yes remember all we are doing is trying to learn new things/share knowledge, no need to fight.

Let’s get back to the topic and figure the pwm issue.

So we know it needs to run crank sync (easy enough once we find we’re the pwm is controlled), and the maps prj mentioned above would do the trick as far as metering the ipw to ensure smooth running etc.

So now it’s just the pwm period, duty registers that need finding. After reading the mpc562 architecture it seems that these are defined in the mios14 section and are configured at address 0x360000 but this isn’t the address the ecu will use necessarily. After looking through a med9 elf file I found some code for pwm in the text flash bios. So where is this and how can I read/modify it. Once found it’s a case of reading the PowerPC architecture and figuring out what period/frequency to to run depending on the clock speed, this is well defined though so shouldn’t be too big of problem to understand and implement the changes needed.

The project you shared above is great help prj, I’ll have a read and see what you’ve done.
prj

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2021, 04:20:21 PM »

But you don't really need to run a fixed PWM.
You need to enable and disable an output crank sync.

Usually you can configure a PW register to do that for you, you trigger in a crank sync interrupt, and set it up for a certain duration, and make it "single fire", so it does not repeat.
No idea if MPC562 supports a such configuration mode, need to read processor manual for that, which I have no interest of doing anymore for MED9.

Log your car properly.
jacktfsi

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2021, 04:23:45 PM »

But you don't really need to run a fixed PWM.
You need to enable and disable an output crank sync.

Usually you can configure a PW register to do that for you, you trigger in a crank sync interrupt, and set it up for a certain duration, and make it "single fire", so it does not repeat.
No idea if MPC562 supports a such configuration mode, need to read processor manual for that, which I have no interest of doing anymore for MED9.

I did think it could be done this way after reading your earlier post, I’m sure there’s a section I’ve read in the architecture which supports this as this is pretty much how the pwm outputs are created as they can also be recalibrated to be used as GPIO.

Yep it’s definitely got no monetary value but it’s an interesting project to me non the less. All good skills to develop for future projects when the time comes.

Cheers 
john9357

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2021, 12:44:46 AM »

LOL

Or maybe what's more likely, you don't have any clue what you're talking about here calibration wise Smiley

IPW = rk_w * Factor + TVUB. RL and through it rk_w are already temperature compensated and target lambda is baked into rk_w. TVUB is nice to have.
For the factor you use a map with same axis as FKKVS for simplicity of tuning.

It can be literally done with 2 maps and the result will be exactly the same as doing it with 20 maps. Especially in this case, where injection is needed only on WOT, as using DI everywhere else is preferable.
More is not always better. It's not exactly voodoo magic, the hardest part for everyone will be to find how to control PWM, but actually it's not so hard if you look at the OEM routines.
I don't get the obsession with this stuff on a pretty much dead platform though...

PWM is maybe even the wrong word for it, all you need is to turn the input on and off in a crank-synchronous interrupt.
Did not look at this on MED9, on ME7 it was possible to do a single fire with a certain duration via configuring the registers.
I did this for WMI control a long time ago, I don't see the big problem about it, I certainly was not as up to speed back then.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=19238.0title= - this little project with source code reconfigures intake flap to control N75...

if you don't modulate your rk with ps_w and pbkist you might as well not use tvub, you'll have one less map. even simpler you can also put a switch behind the accelerator pedal and control an injector directly.
prj

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2021, 05:00:10 AM »

if you don't modulate your rk with ps_w and pbkist you might as well not use tvub, you'll have one less map. even simpler you can also put a switch behind the accelerator pedal and control an injector directly.
ps_w and pbkist_w delta correction is needed if you are using the stock returnless system.
This is three lines of code when written in C.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: