Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: R32Logger for ST10 ECUs is here!  (Read 27224 times)
terok

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2021, 06:23:48 AM »

Yes it works.
You changed field delimiter to semicolon, was that intentional?
It's totally fine by me, but then it differs from me7logger output.
R32Dude

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2021, 06:52:06 AM »

Yes...
when I saved a file I made  in excel while the laptop was in Finland settings, the saved csv used semicolons to separate  numbers, and commas for decimals. I don't know what me7logger does to save a csv with commas for both as I cant use me7logger.
So the program now detects if the comma is used as decimal, temporarily changes the decimal to to '.' so the calculations work, and prints to the csv with the ";" as the separator but still uses '.' as the decimal separator, because excel seemed to not care whether a comma or dot is used when I loaded the file.
 When you press Q to quit, the system reverts to using ',' as the separator.

I'm guessing you don't want a proper csv for Excel  your country, but one that loads in EcuX. Is that the case?
terok

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2021, 07:10:14 AM »

I don't really care about Excel, i never ever use it  Cheesy
For logging stuff I use MegaLogViewer, cause i like it. You can also change field delimiter in settings, if automatic detection fails.

Often there are functions just for handling separators for different things, for example converting from numbers to strings.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:14:16 AM by terok » Logged
R32Dude

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2021, 08:07:30 AM »

I don't really care about Excel, i never ever use it  Cheesy
For logging stuff I use MegaLogViewer, cause i like it. You can also change field delimiter in settings, if automatic detection fails.

Often there are functions just for handling separators for different things, for example converting from numbers to strings.

Umm , so the country setting is only important for the calculations, the final format of the csv still has commas as separators and decimals as in the US. That's an easy fix. More importantly, are the numbers making sense now? Any other  probs?
terok

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2021, 01:18:20 PM »

Everythings seems fine now, yes. Didn't spot any other problems, i did a small test drive with custom parameters.
R32Dude

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 06:10:06 AM »

I just posted an updated version (1.1C)  in the original post.

terok

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2021, 09:05:14 AM »

I tested this and it seems to work perfectly.
R32Dude

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 05:38:08 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  Grin

Next version, which will be the final one, has a development  menu, for sending custom commands, RAM view/dump, development mode , security key. It is already in the logger but not visible.
That section should work on most ECUs with K-line not just ST10s. Source code as well...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 06:10:46 PM »

final one.

There is no such thing as final.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
R32Dude

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2021, 05:02:50 AM »

True!

But unless there is a major bug in the next one, that it will be it for me. I actually spent many more weeks on it than I wanted to, just to make it usable by others. Being written in VB6 it might be final one from anyone,since in isn't compatible with the crappy NET version of VB that came afterwards and is still around.
terok

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2021, 12:27:56 PM »

And the newer ones propably generate 40 megs bigger executables aswell  Shocked
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2021, 12:33:30 PM »

True!

But unless there is a major bug in the next one, that it will be it for me. I actually spent many more weeks on it than I wanted to, just to make it usable by others. Being written in VB6 it might be final one from anyone,since in isn't compatible with the crappy NET version of VB that came afterwards and is still around.

This is what github is open source is for; so it doesn't turn into yet another buggy bit of abandonware

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
R32Dude

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2021, 11:23:54 PM »

I just uploaded the final version, 1.2, including source code.

It comes with a developer button which should work with me7 and probably more.
This allows viewing/dumping ram and all sorts of other stuff.

Source code is VB6 simply because last time I had to write a program was in the late 90's and I never needed to learn anything else.
I'm not a programmer, so don't shoot me it you don't like the code.
prj

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2021, 03:30:38 AM »

And the newer ones propably generate 40 megs bigger executables aswell  Shocked
Actually they don't.
My Logger's installer (which is all .NET Core, and some C) is only 4 mb. And the only reason it is that big is because I have a statically linked RPC library in it, which takes up 80% of this size.

The only way to get ridiculously sized executables is by mindlessly bundling the whole runtime with the application instead of using what is installed on the system, or downloading and installing it during setup.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2021, 05:09:25 AM »

Forgot to mention that the source code is in text, Form1 is the one with the code. Being piss easy, BASIC, it's easy to see what it does.
What I'd like to look into next, is to see if the ecu can be made to read my own values, for example cam timing,from an empty ram location and use that instead of the map - without any reflashing. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: