Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: R32Logger for ST10 ECUs is here!  (Read 26799 times)
R32Dude

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2021, 12:02:49 AM »

I'm working on a simple tuning program that is based on the logger. Works on the bench so far but will try it on the car when I have time. So far it just helps with ignition timing. I'd like to do the cams, although it may not be quite as straight forward as there is no ram cell for both cams on the FR although there is one that McMess uses. I got to do more reading...

MILF_HUNTER

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2021, 04:27:27 AM »

I tried out the logger on my R32  for 2 hours and it worked really well.
The pause feature is very handy.Top job.Never gave a problem.
It is way better than vcds for loggings.
Shame it is not done in python I dont know VB.

Thank you very much for sharing it.

When do you think the tuner version will be ready?
R32Dude

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 02:45:58 AM »

Glad it worked for you.
I don't like Linux so avoid anything related to it. Got scarred for life by it in the 90's - too many bugs, no help from geeks and never went back. There is a  version of a logger written in python on here you can try altering. Just look at my code, improve on it and pythonise it.
Otherwise just be happy that microsoft still supports simple VB6 applications 20 years down the track.

The tuner version I have not yet tried on on the car as I am fixing a coolant leak. I probably will not release it because it requires the ST10 embedded code to be changed and I don't think anyone will be interested.  ME7.1.1 removed  the vszw iginition timing cell from being added , only the fixed value ZWAPPL from the flash seems to be still added to the timing - well  from what I could determine in IDA as a noob that is.
 Certainly for the camshaft control there were never two RAM cells for both cams that was incorporated into the timing , so that needs to be coded into the MPC.  There was a vswnws variable from memory, but the code doesn't refer tho that either.
prj

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2021, 04:31:30 AM »

You can emulate the entire flash with Moates Roadrunner. So I think it's pretty much a waste of time doing any realtime stuff.
It's only ever needed on the dyno anyway.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pr3muToS

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2022, 04:21:51 AM »

Hey,

i got the following problem, and dont know how to format it, or is the adresse a wrong one?

lamsoni, makes no sense...

anybody an idea?
R32Dude

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2022, 06:06:27 AM »

Wrong address by the look of it as both banks aren't similar.
Use IDA to load the file I posted here http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=20649.0title=

Find code that uses the variable whose address you want in my file, and use a hex editor find the same code  in hex format(mask off RAM/ROM addresses) in your mpc.  I haven't done it myself, but can't think of an easier way if you don't have an A2L.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 06:47:37 AM by R32Dude » Logged
Tezotto01

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2023, 01:49:22 PM »

I am working on an ECU ME7.5.30 with ST10 and I need to register it but I can't find the RAM addresses of the variables, I have the A2L file of this ECU, can someone help me with this?
R32Dude

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2023, 07:28:38 AM »

Open the a2l with notepad and search for the variable. For example nmot, tans etc to locate the address. Most of these abbreviations are in the myecu.ecu file from Me7logger. The one with r32logger is same but shorter. Simply change the ram address only, keeping exactly the same format for the variables you need, get rid of the rest. But first of all, make sure the logger connects with the myecu.ecu file it came with, you will get garbage logs but you wont waste time.  If it connects but crashes when it logs you may be lucky, if it cant connect at all you are screwed. Never tried it with anything but 7.1.1 VR6, thats what it was made for.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 07:43:00 AM by R32Dude » Logged
Tezotto01

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »

Thank you very much, I will try it and report here the result
prj

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2023, 04:10:26 PM »

Btw, there's a way to switch the baudrate.
There's a set baud function in the bootrom, all you need to do is call it and boom you're at the baud rate.
It gives 0 shits about what session you are in etc. I did it in the Porsche handler, since otherwise it's not possible without patching something in the full flash.
But Porsche is somewhat simple in that they all use the same bootrom as 551K RS4.

Of course you can't use the $2C array writing method then, you need to inject a handler.

Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2023, 04:47:14 AM »

Btw, there's a way to switch the baudrate...

I've since made a v2 of this logger using the custom handler info you gave. V2 is much cleaner but uses the standard method of baud change, as I didnt know of this handier system.
In V2 If the number of variables isn't too high it can achieve 50hz readings. I haven't shared it because I got slack and made it just for my ECU version and dot for decimal place.
The lack of setzi's scanner for finding RAM addresses is the Achilles heal for users without an A2L. I tried making one but finding all those patterns just got the better of me after a while.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:18:08 AM by R32Dude » Logged
prj

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2023, 07:34:34 AM »

Well, that's where my tool comes in...
It can find the vast majority of the addresses in any file for which a similar a2l exists.

The trouble with the handler method is that in the later ST10 files there are a bunch of different mpc flashes, so everything moves around.
Writing the detection to detect the location of everything (as the injected handler needs to know a lot of stuff) is a non-trivial task.
It's easy when you're working with just one ECU, but very difficult when you need to support everything.

I'd say the $2C method is much more portable in that regard. However $2C was completely bugged on many of the earlier C167 ECU's and it does not support RAM on Porsche, so there the handler makes much more sense.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: