Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello, I have a bunch of cars  (Read 2050 times)
42green

« on: July 09, 2021, 05:22:01 PM »

Even though a have a few cars I couldn’t pass up something I’ve always wanted. An Audi A4 Avant with a manual transmission.

Problem is my friend owned it before me and messed up the ECU trying to flash a Eurodyne tune. I have very limited communication with it. I purchased a junkyard ECU and it reads but the Avant is an 08 so immobilizer woes. But the new ECU at least reads properly.

I came here hoping I can get the car running without a tow to the dealer to have keys/ECU adapted.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »

well is it an fsi or tsi? 08 was a half year. if its an fsi youll need to immo off the ecu by reading the 95160 chip inside the ecu. Normally done by bdm (ktag, bdm100, new genious, pcm flash an and a handful of other programs). However, if youre handy with soldering tool ive lifted the chip and dumped it using a chip burner too using hot air. If you manage to read the dumps post them here and myself or another member can immo off it for you. Tsi is tricore and is similar and requires a similar process but no option to lift a eeprom to extract.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
42green

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 10:13:31 AM »

Definitely not handy with a soldering iron. I’ve played with r/c cars for 30 years and still can barely solder motor connections and battery leads.

FSI, ecu p/n 8E1 910 115 G

I’ll check out those programs and keep reading the noob posts and forums to try to get a handle on all this stuff.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: