Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RB8 951G map and repair?  (Read 2038 times)
Usernameno1willtake

« on: July 14, 2021, 04:07:39 PM »

starting off i have a buddy that had 1 key only for his 07 a4 b7 (951G cluster) that stopped by one day after receiving a new toy (xhorse keytool max) us eing us we decied3ed to put the tool to the test cloning his transponder to a new one. (yes i know stupid move) Once he got home i reminded him to give it a try cause i was super curious... well the news wasnt so great, his only original key/transponder was over written with a new transponders info so i think. neither transponder is working and now his cluster is in safe mode. i can not add a key to his cluster using carprog anymore.
before it was no issues adding key using carprog10.93 for his rb8 951g cluster. we sat there and i was able to map out a few things in the immo file.bin this way including the keys, cs and pin. we tested and confirmed i was able to manually change the bin file adding transponders/keys using hxd then saving and writing back to the cluster. 
now after using the xhorse something has happened and now the cluster is in safe mode and will not snap out wether i write back the original immo.bin or the eeprom.bin some may argue no i didnt but i assure i have dont this with no failure only until the keytool max, so what happened at this point?.. the transponder got over written? ok fair so why cant i add a key anymore? any help would be greatly appreciated!
Usernameno1willtake

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 04:23:24 PM »

heres a few picture of the read using carprog10.93 and hxd
bamofo

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 11:33:06 AM »

assuming you fixed this...? there is an RB8 reset function that i normally use in Abrites.. If you didnt fix it ping me.. but this was over a month ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: