Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Possible ME7EEPROM bug?  (Read 6205 times)
Blazius

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »

Loud and clear, I hear you nyet!

I have actually fully re-written this tool in C for eeprom read/writing/check-summing and verification.
It is now much more reliable and stable (at least for me) than it ever was before as I use high resolution timers for delays.

Plus I've implemented some additional useful features like ;

> Eeprom checksum calculations
> Verification of eeprom writing by reading back and comparing the differences.
> Automatically detecting the eeprom pins and sizes - this works by parsing that information directly out of the accompanying firmware so its fully automatic in use, you don't really need to know anything to use it.
> It supports differential analysis too if you load in 2 different eeprom files to see what's changed.
> Finally it also can parse out of the firmware the page table too.

I use the exact same mechanism as the original tool in that I upload bootstrap loader so you need to start it in "boot mode", then I upload a small C167/ST10 eeprom driver in memory and send commands to read/write blocks between the pc and ecu.
I'll see if I can clean this lot up and put it on github as soon as I get some free time...

It would be pretty easy to also implement the virginizing of eeprom too but its going to be firmware specific (I already support it for my targets but didn't look into this for any other cars like VAG)

Will this work with CH340 cables / general uart or you made use of ftdi drivers/dll's requiring ftdi based cables? Sounds good regardless, well done.
360trev

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2021, 05:13:27 PM »

Currently it only support bogo standard COMx ports, not FDTI directly.

I do however "Prioritize" named COM devices so they are automatically discovered and connected to with first priority, .e.g. "USB Serial Port". This is behavior is adjustible in the configuration file.  This means if you unplug and plug in say a 1260 cable it will automatically detect it and just use it unless you specifically want to override this.

If you wish to use anything more complicated than a $2 USB-Serial Uart adapter connected to a K-Line ic L9637 transceiver ($2) then you can always just get around this with software. For instance the later FDTI drivers normally have an option in the advanced tab on the device driver to use "Virtual Com Port" and then they become accessible just like normal USB-Serial adapters again via comX numbering.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:16:42 PM by 360trev » Logged
1gcrazy

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 10:10:50 PM »

Is this going to check st10 EPROMs?! Shocked

Loud and clear, I hear you nyet!

I have actually fully re-written this tool in C for eeprom read/writing/check-summing and verification.
It is now much more reliable and stable (at least for me) than it ever was before as I use high resolution timers for delays.

Plus I've implemented some additional useful features like ;

> Eeprom checksum calculations
> Verification of eeprom writing by reading back and comparing the differences.
> Automatically detecting the eeprom pins and sizes - this works by parsing that information directly out of the accompanying firmware so its fully automatic in use, you don't really need to know anything to use it.
> It supports differential analysis too if you load in 2 different eeprom files to see what's changed.
> Finally it also can parse out of the firmware the page table too.

I use the exact same mechanism as the original tool in that I upload bootstrap loader so you need to start it in "boot mode", then I upload a small C167/ST10 eeprom driver in memory and send commands to read/write blocks between the pc and ecu.
I'll see if I can clean this lot up and put it on github as soon as I get some free time...

It would be pretty easy to also implement the virginizing of eeprom too but its going to be firmware specific (I already support it for my targets but didn't look into this for any other cars like VAG)

Sandstorm3k

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 07:10:50 AM »

Found another situation where the program doesn't work sadly.

- Passat AWT 4B0906018DH ECU

Think the problem might be the fact that this is a CPU with 6.02 bootrom. Always fails on sending EEPROM driver.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: