Pages: [1]
Author Topic: me7.5 swapped aba  (Read 11843 times)
_nameless

« on: July 29, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »

The whole thing started as a joke. A good friend of mine has a mk3 aba cabby thats had so much customising it would be hard to list. Last year he lost reverse gear on the old 020, and shortly after lost 5h gear on the highway on the way home from work. I had a o2a given to me by a local enthusiast that was a backup trans for his scirocco racecar. He changed platforms and sense my platform of choice is vw 4/5 cylinders he thought I be best suited with it after he sold his race car. The trans has clipped vr6 gears and peloquin differential. I used a tt225 shift box, mk5 02r 07k clutch, mk3 vr6 clutch pedal and slave cylinder, rear vr6 trans mount and stock 020 front mount with longer hardware to accommodate the 02a trans. Shortly after the trans swap the car started running like shit and come to find out the bearings in the dizzy went bad. Oil was slinging all around the inside of the cap and covered the rotor. Also, with the bearings being bad it did some damage to the posts on the inside of the cap. After pulling out the distributor I did notice there was a single window trigger wheel inside of the dizzy and it got me thinking... What if i mounted a mk4 4 window trigger wheel to the top of the dizzy for a cam sensor? After some playing around I figured out that I could cut the original cap and make an adaptor to mount the 1.8t cam sensor on top of the aba dizzy. So on the new dizzy I tack welded the 4 window trigger wheel to the top of the dizzy and had a homemade cam sensor adaptor to run the me7.5 4 window cam sensor. The crank trigger wheel is the same 60-2 and global offset as the me7.5 engines, so I used good ole alldata for the pinouts and changed the wire arrangement of the original crank sensor to work with the me7.5 ecu and engine harness. Pins 1 and 3 are reversed compared to the me7 crank sensor. Swapped throttle bodies, made a throttle pedal bracket for the e-throttle, used a mk4 avh/bev/azg/bbw coil pack and kept the stock spark plug wires. We kept the car na for about 2 months while we finished up the swap. I must say the swap was well worth it on its own for the upgraded ignition and ather me7 e-throttle advantages. The car was noticeably quicker and ran so much better overall. After we got the swap finished with all the brake switches, clutch switches, cruse control etc we started to collect the parts to turbo it. A friend of mine had a subaru turbo laying around he said I could have. Being the turbo was off a JDM lgt (2l turbo) it was perfectly sized for the aba. I found a old t3 8v turbo manifold in my hord of parts and welded the subaru flange to the t3 manifold. Made a custom down pipe, external wastegate dump pipe made from a old jack handle lol (cant make this shit up) Anyway I didn't document all of it but i did document the engine harness swap and covered the dizzy adaptor I made and a vid of the car after the swap and turbo Anyway vid links are below if you actually made it threw my whole ramble Shocked Shocked      

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KoEv-YOHcU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilr86BshRdo
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 11:01:30 PM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
jahko

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 12:49:44 AM »

cool stuff
RBPE

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 03:29:53 AM »

Interesting project, I had an old ABA mk3, just linear thrust all through the rev range, steering was too light for my liking tho.

Also, was that 356hp on the hy35 on that dyno mk4 vid? What boost's that at, whats it like with spool on the 1.8T?
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 12:58:26 PM »

This is the turbo setup on the car. Currently on 10psi pump fuel stock compression and 93oct pump fuel (euro 98 oct). Timing is overly conservative until we swap it to ethanol. Its currently running mk4 1.8t injectors at 4 bar. If i had to guess on hp Id have to say its around 200hp. Its faster then a stage 2 mk4 1.8t but it also weighs a lot less. Long term goals for the car is 20v head swap and a t04e or 30r on pump e85. Should be fun. The power curve is peak torque at 3800rpm. and pulls decent to 6500rpm. 0.8 lambda, 13* max advance at full throttle. Used external knock monitor and plug readings for ignition timing as I didnt swap over the knock system.   

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »

needs more 2.7t - but i love it

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 09:51:59 PM »

needs more 2.7t - but i love it
Well, I just traded my camry daily for a bel allroad tip with a shit trans. Has K04s, Wagner intercoolers, xs powers single piece y pipe and bi-pipes. Air ride deleted and on coilovers. Little hint to whats next... 

BlackT

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »

Well, I just traded my camry daily for a bel allroad tip with a shit trans. Has K04s, Wagner intercoolers, xs powers single piece y pipe and bi-pipes. Air ride deleted and on coilovers. Little hint to whats next... 
How much TQ, on stock tip-tronic?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: