Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Working with a custom tune  (Read 1720 times)
928ofm

« on: August 03, 2021, 11:15:49 AM »

Hi everybody, I recently bought my first B5 S4 and I want to adjust a few things in the tune, but I'm not sure how to go about it. The car is an 01 with an mbox and has the Rs6 Hybrids and as far as I know all of the other stage 3 goodies. The guy I bought it from didn't know much about it but I picked it up for $2700 so I'm not complaining. The ecu has stage 2 written on it so I'm assuming it's a stage 2 tune. So basically my issue is that after reading the bin from the car it wouldn't start until I reuploaded it through boot mode. After some reading around I'm guessing it's a revo tune. Anyways I went ahead and got Tunerpro and tried modifying the timing table because as far as I can tell it has timing pulled at the bottom for a pop tune and then the car came with everything for water/meth injection aside from the pump so I would like to take out the timing advance up top so I can safely run full boost (I've been running on wastegate with the n75 unplugged). Once I made those changes and ran it through the ME7Check program I tried flashing it but then got a no start so I'm assuming that the checksum equations are modified as well. What would be the best course of action should I completely start from scratch tuning a rs6 car or could I copy the variables and tables over from the custom tune to a stock bin and flash that?

Thanks and if you need anymore info just let me know
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 01:53:52 PM »

Hi everybody, I recently bought my first B5 S4 and I want to adjust a few things in the tune, but I'm not sure how to go about it. The car is an 01 with an mbox and has the Rs6 Hybrids and as far as I know all of the other stage 3 goodies. The guy I bought it from didn't know much about it but I picked it up for $2700 so I'm not complaining. The ecu has stage 2 written on it so I'm assuming it's a stage 2 tune. So basically my issue is that after reading the bin from the car it wouldn't start until I reuploaded it through boot mode. After some reading around I'm guessing it's a revo tune. Anyways I went ahead and got Tunerpro and tried modifying the timing table because as far as I can tell it has timing pulled at the bottom for a pop tune and then the car came with everything for water/meth injection aside from the pump so I would like to take out the timing advance up top so I can safely run full boost (I've been running on wastegate with the n75 unplugged). Once I made those changes and ran it through the ME7Check program I tried flashing it but then got a no start so I'm assuming that the checksum equations are modified as well. What would be the best course of action should I completely start from scratch tuning a rs6 car or could I copy the variables and tables over from the custom tune to a stock bin and flash that?

Thanks and if you need anymore info just let me know
me7sum does the checksum fix, me7check just verifies. So make sure youre using the right software to start. Also, It may be in your best interest to start from a stock file and make your own.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 11:46:22 PM »

The ecu has stage 2 written on it so I'm assuming it's a stage 2 tune.

Do not modify other people's tunes. Start from scratch.

I dont' have the energy to explain (yet again) why that is.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: