Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ME7.5 Swap VVT and SAI delete  (Read 8640 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 06:27:33 AM »

You can see graphically how much VVT actually does for spool once you have your own dyno.
The difference in drivability and low end is massive.

It is also the reason that almost all performance gasoline engines made in the last 20 years have VVT...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:29:04 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
doublerwest

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 08:57:31 AM »

You can see graphically how much VVT actually does for spool once you have your own dyno.

It is also the reason that almost all performance gasoline engines made in the last 20 years have VVT...
I believe it would have been better if it was just a cam adjuster like the Hondas tho..

W357
prj

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2022, 03:12:11 AM »

I believe it would have been better if it was just a cam adjuster like the Hondas tho..
Do you realize that you come off really dumb making these comments without having any understanding of the background.
VVT literally is a cam timing adjuster.
Honda additionally has lift adjustment.

Something that isn't nearly as useful on a turbocharged engine, it won't make it help spool any faster.
And at higher RPM you can just add more boost.

Log your car properly.
doublerwest

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2022, 02:41:53 PM »

Do you realize that you come off really dumb making these comments without having any understanding of the background.
VVT literally is a cam timing adjuster.
Honda additionally has lift adjustment.

Something that isn't nearly as useful on a turbocharged engine, it won't make it help spool any faster.
And at higher RPM you can just add more boost.
Thats fine I can live with it.. Glad to see your so happy to enlighten me.

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2023, 06:22:41 PM »

I will say this you are 100 percent correct on this I can't even make a remark about it .... Now I have done some research and poking around about it....The 2000 atw dosnt have vvt makes 170hp stock and the 2001 awm has vvt makes 170hp stock as that's the only reason I make the statement. I feel they added more things on something that already made 170hp stock and it just seems to make it complex and harder to work on but dyno sheets will show the difference of when and where it does kick in ... But if you ever go to buy one of those vvt tensioners and at the price point I feel like its not worth no 1000 dollars only for that one component in terms of both models make 170hp stock ...These are my observations and personal experience that is all im just speaking of it...

W357
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2023, 11:32:21 PM »

Vvt inactive at horsepower peak region (5000+)
Anyway in stock applications its useless for that price and can be deleted wo any noticeable difference
prj

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2023, 09:18:48 AM »

I will say this you are 100 percent correct on this I can't even make a remark about it .... Now I have done some research and poking around about it....The 2000 atw dosnt have vvt makes 170hp stock and the 2001 awm has vvt makes 170hp stock as that's the only reason I make the statement. I feel they added more things on something that already made 170hp stock and it just seems to make it complex and harder to work on but dyno sheets will show the difference of when and where it does kick in ... But if you ever go to buy one of those vvt tensioners and at the price point I feel like its not worth no 1000 dollars only for that one component in terms of both models make 170hp stock ...These are my observations and personal experience that is all im just speaking of it...
VVT is not there to make more power, it is to improve low end responsiveness and driveability.
On a turbocharged car it's purely a turbolag reducing device. It will never affect max hp.

Making such statements just shows your complete lack of understanding of how how an ICE works. IDK why you keep going.
Also VVT tensioners don't cost 1k. I don't know wtf you are smoking but non-original whole kit can be had for under $100. That includes the seals and chain.
And those kits work just fine.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 09:21:09 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
nupustas

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2023, 11:14:31 AM »

Interesting topic.
I noticed, that enabled VVT helps very low rpm driveability, but how to find "sweet point" where vvt should be disabled? Lets say my setup spools 1,5bar @3800rpm, so i tried to disable at 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000 rpm and can't feel any difference. Is it good idea keep vvt enabled in full boost? And about vvt delay, is it normal that in 1/2 gear vvt disables about 1k rpm later, while in 4 gear disables exactly where was set?
prj

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2023, 12:25:27 PM »

Put on dyno. Make full load pull with VVT on and off, see where the intersection point is, set this point.
Then start to limit rlsol in 40 load increments lower and do the same thing.

Job done, takes like 3-4 pulls to tune.

Log your car properly.
doublerwest

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2023, 08:15:25 PM »

VVT is not there to make more power, it is to improve low end responsiveness and driveability.
On a turbocharged car it's purely a turbolag reducing device. It will never affect max hp.

Making such statements just shows your complete lack of understanding of how how an ICE works. IDK why you keep going.
Also VVT tensioners don't cost 1k. I don't know wtf you are smoking but non-original whole kit can be had for under $100. That includes the seals and chain.
And those kits work just fine.
who wants to use the cheap stuff ? This is original vw parts ! but ehh its cool we can agree to disagree! Its nice to have a convo of the benefits of keeping it and the benefits of ditching it !!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 08:19:05 PM by doublerwest » Logged

W357
prj

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2023, 04:10:49 AM »

who wants to use the cheap stuff ? This is original vw parts ! but ehh its cool we can agree to disagree! Its nice to have a convo of the benefits of keeping it and the benefits of ditching it !!!
The cheap stuff is made from the same molds and the OEM numbers filed off it.
You gotta be retarded paying this money for it on a car that is worth about the same.
Even more retarded to delete it when there is a working solution.
Is there a pattern developing?

Btw, even the OEM shit is way cheaper than that. But sure, find the most expensive deal out there.

Log your car properly.
doublerwest

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2023, 09:07:43 AM »

The cheap stuff is made from the same molds and the OEM numbers filed off it.
You gotta be retarded paying this money for it on a car that is worth about the same.
Even more retarded to delete it when there is a working solution.
Is there a pattern developing?

Btw, even the OEM shit is way cheaper than that. But sure, find the most expensive deal out there.
of course paying that kind of money isn't wise like you say cars worth just about as much...there are several thrifty options for this.. I do feel the low end pull difference as I have had both setups.. I feel where you're coming from also. I personally just feel it a pain at times when you have to retime the camshafts on the backside. To account for the vvt tentioner it's a tad bit of a pain...I spent some time digging around for some info on this and for the life of me couldn't produce too much information. maybe if anyone has any they could share that would be cool .. Or even better dyno sheets to see when vvt shifts in that would be rocking info to share here!!I have seen the ecu vvt timing settings I did notice it was for warm up and midrange. Im curious to know exactly how much difference it makes just for science!!!! But im not trying to be a pain in the arse about it !

W357
Blazius

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2023, 10:10:21 AM »

Do not delete VVT.... simple as that, you did bad research..

Its literally 'free' torque.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2023, 10:30:36 AM »

1300$ is mental. That entire kit can be had for 100€, with decent brands aswell.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: