Pages: [1]
Author Topic: error 16395/P0011 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake)  (Read 2059 times)
tao13

« on: August 23, 2021, 08:28:51 AM »

Hi all.
i have a 1.8t 20v engine with BAM ecu. Car works ok from 3 years but from a moment i receive this error 16395/P0011/000017 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced).
This happen after i mounted a dsg dq250. i specify i don't have other errors. i made my file to works ok wityh dsg......blabla bla,.
I receive this error when i force the car in sport mode or drive mode with kickdown and the gearbox change in 5 and 6 gear and touch the redline.
I receive this after when one of my intercooler hose blow at 6000rpm with 2.1 bar boost.
Now, my question is what do you think:
1. can be from vvt solenoid like ross-tech said?
2. can be from fuel pump relay like ross -tech said - HERE i don;t think because car works greate and don;t feel any hesittation when i receive this error
3. can be from timing belt - HERE i don;t think so because car works ok and i don;t have any error or issues with start or running or some errors about timing
4. can be from dsg software when iot change the gears it must make some timing retards and maybe at that high speed and high rpm something not match with ecu file.

Thanks.
aef

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 12:38:04 AM »

Check measurement block 93, not sure about the variable name in me7logger

log wnwi_w and the variable from block93

maybe its related to a jerk/shock/punch (not sure about the correct english term) in your timing belt
are you on old hydraulic tensioner or mechanic tension pulley?
tao13

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 11:07:59 AM »

Thanks AEF. I will check these days. In last logs wnwi_w works correct at 3rd gear. Camshaft changed when i request from 23 to 1 after 5500rpm.
I have hydraulic tensioner.
I write again , problem appears after mounted the dsg and after one intercooler hose broken at high speed and high rpm at high boost.
If  i drive in town and don;t touch high speed in 5 and 6 gear and red line, the error doesn't exist. I have it only on highway. Strange!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 11:17:46 AM by tao13 » Logged
tao13

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 01:53:50 PM »

I come back to this topic after a long time. i had a bad accident and i replaced the car but put on it the old engine.
At that moment i checkd oil pressure, i replaced the timing belt.
The error was the same.
For that time i disabled the VVT from ecu file and the error never appear from aproximatly 10.000km.
But now i want to solve the problem. I think if without VVT active i dont have 16395 error and i don't have any other error on timing i suspect 2 causes for 16395 is the vvt or his chain.
I want your advice if the error can be from KFNWSE / WLE when activated the vvt! I tried many settings of these 2 maps but the error appears intermitent in some kilometers.
Thanks.
pitercsg

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 08:17:59 AM »

I had the same problem, in my case it was faulty chain tensioner. As you said - this error can appear when your timing chain isn't adjusted properly, or your solenoid isn't working properly. You can test the solenoid in vcds, in "output tests". If you hear a clicking noise, then solenoid itself is OK. Drop the head cover and check the alignment of the cams - in this video it's showed how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBOOE8ofq64&t=3s. If they are aligned, then there's two options - faulty chain tensioner or broken cables somewhere.
tao13

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 09:04:01 AM »

Thanks mate. The click is ok from years, like the selenoid works ok, if not works the fault code wasn't intermitent i think.
Camshafts are aligned well , if thwy not was not put in the right position i think with or without vvt i had the same error.
The car works and start great with and without vvt activated , but with vvt deactivated i hasn't error.
On logs nothing happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: