Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: EVAP Delete on 4.2L v8 4D0907560AF  (Read 6138 times)
Groopan

« on: August 24, 2021, 11:30:06 AM »

Good Day

I have been lurking around this forum for some time now and have learnt a lot. I just want to say thank your for the knowledge gained .

Background Information
I am working on a 2001 Audi A8  with a 4.2L V8 running on a ME7.1.1  ECU  (4D0907560AQ) I no longer have access to the original ECU. This is a euro spec and came with no Evap System. The cluster was faulty and both cluster and ecu were changed. New ECU is (4D0907560AF). I successfully read the eeprom and  did a immo delete. By doing this NefmotoEcuFlasher was able to read the flash(see attachemnt for flash bin).I have been trying to do check the bin file using me7check tool but i am having issues with command prompt just blinking and shutting off This has transcended to all command prompt utilities i download and try to run (windows is a pain). I do have access to Winols and Tunerpro. but i do not have any definition files for 4D0907560AF.

The car currently runs but i have the following fault
1 Fault Found:
17881 - EVAP Leak Detection Pump: Open Circuit
        P1473 - 35-00 - -

The Plan

I would like to remove the DTC and diagnosis/circuit checks for the EVAP system.

My understanding

The following maps needs to set to unsupported of off to remove any DTC and faults associated with the EVAP system.

CDTES - Eurobyte - LDP Diagnosis
CDLDP - Eurobyte - EVAP diagnosis
CLATEVE - EVAP plug
CLALDPE - LDP plug

Circuit diagnostics disabling.

ESKONF-(power output configuration) refers to a group of 7 bytes in the 1.8t, and 13 bytes in the 2.7 flash (iam not sure what applies to the 4.2l v8). In short, these bytes tell the ECU which physical electrical outputs are attached in that particular file. Typically, it's located right above KFKHFM. When removing a component ESKONF is often required to disable circuit diagnosis. Without properly configuring the relevant bit pairs you will get DTCs (Malfunction in circuit, internal resistance too high, etc) due to the missing hardware. Leaving dead hardware attached may prevent these, but isn't necessary when properly coded out.

I am unsure if i need to disable DTC also using this method
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=567.0

I need guidance trying to identify the addresses needed to set bits and disable DTC. Please guide me in the right direction so i can get evap fault disabled .

Thank you
Gary

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 08:58:39 PM »

Good Day

I have been lurking around this forum for some time now and have learnt a lot. I just want to say thank your for the knowledge gained .

Background Information
I am working on a 2001 Audi A8  with a 4.2L V8 running on a ME7.1.1  ECU  (4D0907560AQ) I no longer have access to the original ECU. This is a euro spec and came with no Evap System. The cluster was faulty and both cluster and ecu were changed. New ECU is (4D0907560AF). I successfully read the eeprom and  did a immo delete. By doing this NefmotoEcuFlasher was able to read the flash(see attachemnt for flash bin).I have been trying to do check the bin file using me7check tool but i am having issues with command prompt just blinking and shutting off This has transcended to all command prompt utilities i download and try to run (windows is a pain). I do have access to Winols and Tunerpro. but i do not have any definition files for 4D0907560AF.

The car currently runs but i have the following fault
1 Fault Found:
17881 - EVAP Leak Detection Pump: Open Circuit
        P1473 - 35-00 - -

The Plan

I would like to remove the DTC and diagnosis/circuit checks for the EVAP system.

My understanding

The following maps needs to set to unsupported of off to remove any DTC and faults associated with the EVAP system.

CLATEVE - EVAP plug
CLALDPE - LDP plug

Circuit diagnostics disabling.

ESKONF-(power output configuration) refers to a group of 7 bytes in the 1.8t, and 13 bytes in the 2.7 flash (iam not sure what applies to the 4.2l v8). In short, these bytes tell the ECU which physical electrical outputs are attached in that particular file. Typically, it's located right above KFKHFM. When removing a component ESKONF is often required to disable circuit diagnosis. Without properly configuring the relevant bit pairs you will get DTCs (Malfunction in circuit, internal resistance too high, etc) due to the missing hardware. Leaving dead hardware attached may prevent these, but isn't necessary when properly coded out.

I am unsure if i need to disable DTC also using this method
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=567.0

I need guidance trying to identify the addresses needed to set bits and disable DTC. Please guide me in the right direction so i can get evap fault disabled .

Thank you
Gary

Eskonf start at 0x010BA2
Prokon starts at 18199

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Groopan

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 04:32:55 AM »

Eskonf start at 0x010BA2
Prokon starts at 18199
Thanks
 I will edit file and try and post results here.
For my knowledge is there any method I can use to find these addresses my self ?

Groopan

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »

Eskonf start at 0x010BA2
Prokon starts at 18199

Good day

I have gotten some time today to have a look at the addresses above i have Found the ESKONF  as below
 00 30 B3 FC 00 03 C3 FF AA FA FA FF CC

i have done some searching to identify what each bit pair. I have found several tables explaining this but i am not sure if they are correct , i need some help identifying the pairs , attached below are some of what i have found for ME7.1.1

Byte  0[evap]        []         []         []
Byte  1:      []        []         []         []
Byte  2:      []        []         []         []
Byte  3:      []        []         []       [sai]
Byte  4:      []      [sai]       []         []
Byte  5: [rear 02]   []         []         []       
Byte  6:      []        []   [rear O2]    []
Byte  7:      []        []         []         []
Byte  8:      []        []         []         []
Byte 10:     []        []         []         []
Byte 11:     []        []         []         []
Byte 12:     []        []         []   [exh. flap]

Please guide me accordingly

once i have finished with the ESKNOF i will move on to the PROKON.

Thank you
Groopan

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 11:13:59 AM »

Good day

I have gotten some time today to have a look at the addresses above i have Found the ESKONF  as below
 00 30 B3 FC 00 03 C3 FF AA FA FA FF CC

as per s4 wiki u understand each bit pair has to be configures as below
11 = SKIP, as in that component is not installed.
10 = SPECIAL TREATMENT. For all intents and purposes, we're going to ignore this.
00 = INSTALLED

i have also found these  ESKONF tales on the wiki but i don't no think they apply to the ME7.1.1, From all the table i have found of ME7.1.1 ECU's i have notices they use 13Bit pairs and not 6Bit pairs .

ME7.1 bit pairs
Byte  0: EV6    EV3     EV4     EV1
Byte  1: XX     NWS1    LULK    TEV
Byte  2: XX     EKP     AKF     XX
Byte  3: XX     XX      XX      SLP
Byte  4: EV5    SLV     XX      NWS2
Byte  5: HSH2   ULT     EV2     LDR
Byte  6: XX     BKV     HSH     XX
Byte  7: XX     XX      XX      XX
Byte  8: ZUE    ZUE     ZUE     ZUE
Byte  9: ZUE    ZUE     ZUE     ZUE
Byte 10: XX     XX      XX      XX
Byte 11: XX     XX      XX      XX

ME7.5 bit pairs
Byte 0: ZUE4   ZUE3   ZUE2   ZUE1
Byte 1: NC     NC     NC     NC
Byte 2: EV4    EV3    EV2    EV1
Byte 3: LSHHK  EFLA   SU/LDR TEV
Byte 4: BKV    NC     AAV    MIL
Byte 5: NC     NC     EKP    SLP
Byte 6: ULT    EAGR   SLV    NWS

Meaning of each abbreviation
XX: unknown/unused
ZUE: Ignition coil
NC: Not configured
EV: Fuel injectors
HSH/LSHHK: Rear O2 sensor heater
MIL: Malfunction indicator lamp, OBD
EFLA: Error lamp (non OBD compliant?)
SU/LDR: N75 boost control solenoid
TEV: N80 evap purge regulator valve
AKF: V114 evap flap motor?
LDP: Leak detection pump
EAGR: EGR valve power amplifier
BKV: Brake booster pump
AAV: Shut off valve (Absperrventil vorhanden)
EKP: J17 Fuel pump relay
SLP: J299 SAI pump relay
SLV: N112 SAI solenoid valve
NWS: N205/N208 Camshaft timing control/VVT
ULT/LDUVS: N249 diverter valve (Schubumluftventil)
LULK: N335 airbox flap (RS4)

i have done some searching to identify what each bit pair. I have found several tables explaining this but i am not sure if they are correct , i need some help identifying the pairs , attached below are some of what i have found for ME7.1.1

Byte  0[evap]        []         []         []
Byte  1:      []        []         []         []
Byte  2:      []        []         []         []
Byte  3:      []        []         []       [sai]
Byte  4:      []      [sai]       []         []
Byte  5: [rear 02]   []         []         []       
Byte  6:      []        []   [rear O2]    []
Byte  7:      []        []         []         []
Byte  8:      []        []         []         []
Byte 10:     []        []         []         []
Byte 11:     []        []         []         []
Byte 12:     []        []         []   [exh. flap]

Please guide me accordingly

once i have finished with the ESKNOF i will move on to the PROKON.

Thank you

bamofo

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 08:17:23 AM »

EVAP is First Byte Group Second set...

Typical ESKONF example for ME7.1.1

Byte 0 -- [Injector1] -- [EVAP] -- [Left Engine Mount] -- [Injector 8]

so you need to change 00 to 30.

If you need to turn other things off let m eknow.
Groopan

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 05:49:54 PM »

EVAP is First Byte Group Second set...

Typical ESKONF example for ME7.1.1

Byte 0 -- [Injector1] -- [EVAP] -- [Left Engine Mount] -- [Injector 8]

so you need to change 00 to 30.

If you need to turn other things off let m eknow.
Thanks for taking to time to respond . I am trying to learn as I go along . Do have to turn off all of theses evap related functions. TEV , AKF and LDP.  Also I have a layout of the me7 1.1 eskonf bits attached . Not to sure Seems to be close enough to the V8  configuration minus the injectors .

I need some advice on prokon bits  I am aware I have to zero

CLATEVE - EVAP plug
CLALDPE - LDP plug

But I Am not Sure where these bits are .

Thank you again for your help
First byte third group (left engine mount ) I love it   Wink
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 08:56:16 PM »

Thanks for taking to time to respond . I am trying to learn as I go along . Do have to turn off all of theses evap related functions. TEV , AKF and LDP.  Also I have a layout of the me7 1.1 eskonf bits attached . Not to sure Seems to be close enough to the V8  configuration minus the injectors .

I need some advice on prokon bits  I am aware I have to zero

CLATEVE - EVAP plug
CLALDPE - LDP plug

But I Am not Sure where these bits are .

Thank you again for your help
First byte third group (left engine mount ) I love it   Wink

"CD" is the bit switch for the function. So, switching CDTES and CDLDP to 0 will disable ldp testing and evap testing. "CLA" Maps disable the p code, this doesnt disable the flagged error , just hides the codes. Before ESKONF (end staging table) I/O configuration was found and documented the way some did deletes was hiding the codes. Theright way is to properly configure bit switches (prokon) and end staging (eskonf) to prevent any codes from setting and not hiding codes with CLA   

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Groopan

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 08:38:04 AM »

"CD" is the bit switch for the function. So, switching CDTES and CDLDP to 0 will disable ldp testing and evap testing. "CLA" Maps disable the p code, this doesnt disable the flagged error , just hides the codes. Before ESKONF (end staging table) I/O configuration was found and documented the way some did deletes was hiding the codes. Theright way is to properly configure bit switches (prokon) and end staging (eskonf) to prevent any codes from setting and not hiding codes with CLA   

Thank you Marty and bamofo for taking the time to respond I am very thankful for the knowledge and advice  . I have been doing a lot of reading and and pretty much understand what needs to be done. What I do not understand is how do I identify the addresses for bits below
CDTES
CDLDP

I have tried to read the FR to figure out how to find these bits and how they are arranged from the start address for prokon bits given to me by Marty but I am still unsure.Below I have a link to the prokon section of the FR  translated to English for reference

https://mega.nz/file/I6pWVb7L#_yVumjpX3Nx_JI4eODbR2twNi11tgnJVzOwCfXQO11w

Can someone please help me understand the arrangement of the prokon bits .

Thank you

« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 10:02:32 AM by Groopan » Logged
Groopan

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 04:36:22 PM »

Hey guy here is a quick update on my findings. please feel free to chime in with corrections or advice.

so today i had a look at the  a 4D0 907 560 CE bin and its respective XDF file found on this forum. I then compared this bin to my 4D0 907 560 AF bin and the addresses Marty sent me for ESKONF and Prokon.

PROKON
In the CE bin and matching dfx i found the addresses of CDTES and CDLDP was located at the following respective addresses 181B2 and 181A7. i looked at these addresses in the AF bin and they look similar even the surrounding bits look similar. then proceeded to compare the start address for Prokon given to me by Marty . (18199) on both files and they look very similar. I think it is safe to say the prokon addresses are the same for both files . please see my attached screen shot of the comparison of CE vs AF Prokon.

ESKONF
i compared the ESKONF address for the CE file to the address Marty gave for the AF file . Both start address are different but the maps look similar . Please see attached screenshot of CE vs AF ESKONF.

I have attached the CE bin and dfx for reference also

I think i might have found all the addresses i need to turn off my evap system and respective DTC.

CDTES - 181B2
CDLDP- 181A7
ESKONF -10BA2- 10BAE

i await your feedback  thank you in advance

gary.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 02:04:32 AM by Groopan » Logged
bamofo

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 11:27:43 AM »

Just make the changes and flash it. Worst thing that could happen is you dont have the codes anymore lol.
_nameless

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 12:17:18 PM »

Hey guy here is a quick update on my findings. please feel free to chime in with corrections or advice.

so today i had a look at the  a 4D0 907 560 CE bin and its respective XDF file found on this forum. I then compared this bin to my 4D0 907 560 AF bin and the addresses Marty sent me for ESKONF and Prokon.

PROKON
In the CE bin and matching dfx i found the addresses of CDTES and CDLDP was located at the following respective addresses 181B2 and 181A7. i looked at these addresses in the AF bin and they look similar even the surrounding bits look similar. then proceeded to compare the start address for Prokon given to me by Marty . (18199) on both files and they look very similar. I think it is safe to say the prokon addresses are the same for both files . please see my attached screen shot of the comparison of CE vs AF Prokon.

ESKONF
i compared the ESKONF address for the CE file to the address Marty gave for the AF file . Both start address are different but the maps look similar . Please see attached screenshot of CE vs AF ESKONF.

I have attached the CE bin and dfx for reference also

I think i might have found all the addresses i need to turn off my evap system and respective DTC.

CDTES - 181B2
CDLDP- 181A7
ESKONF -101BA2- 101BAE

i await your feedback  thank you in advance

gary.

Without exact damos for your file you really only have a few options when it comes to finding small single bit maps. Educated guess / trial and error as you have already done, or disassembly. Youre on the right track with your approach, and honestly I must say Im impressed with the progress youve made. As said above flash it and try, you wont hurnt anything by trying this. If its not the correct bit return it to its stock value and try again.   

bamofo

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 01:24:22 PM »

Without exact damos for your file you really only have a few options when it comes to finding small single bit maps. Educated guess / trial and error as you have already done, or disassembly. Youre on the right track with your approach, and honestly I must say Im impressed with the progress youve made. As said above flash it and try, you wont hurnt anything by trying this. If its not the correct bit return it to its stock value and try again.   

I gave him the locations and what they are...  should be good..
Geomeo

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 06:01:17 PM »

Just make the changes and flash it. Worst thing that could happen is you dont have the codes anymore lol.
Lol!!
Groopan

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 01:39:57 PM »

hey guys

i edited the file will flash it soon . i tried to use all tools on the forum to check bin and fix check sum but command prompt issues made me revert to Winols. For some strange reason every utility based program i download from nefmoto and try to run command prompt flashes and closes. i tried many online solutions to fix this but no luck.

I have changed the  following

CDTES - 181B2   from 02 to 00
CDLDP- 181A7    from 01 to 00
ESKONF -10BA2- 10BAE  from 00 30 B3 FC 00 03 C3 FF AA FA FA FF CC  To  30 30 B3 FC 00 03 C3 FF AA FA FA FF CC

Checksum corrected with winols as i cant get the me7sum and me7Check to work.

attached is my evap delete bin. Can some one just check the file for me using ME7Check and post a screenshot of the results

thank you

Gary

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: