Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why can't my car keep a steady RPM on idle?  (Read 2590 times)
Parati

« on: August 24, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »

Hello friends, it's been more than 6 months now that I'm studying this ECU and it is not easy to handle the level of complexity of it. My car RPM will not keep itself steady at idle for some reason. The car keeps pulling ignition timing from the idle, but I've tried raising the timing, disabling the torque intervention through CWMDKOG, and many other things that did not work. Can anyone shine some light on this issue? I even tried remapping my Throttle body since the engine does not have stock displacement. Any tip will be very helpful, there seems to be no information readily available that fits this problem.
I have attached a great LOG that shows the problem in detail, where you can see the RPM, LOAD, and LOAD REQUEST and IGNITION TIMING oscillating constantly while the car is at idle. The car does not have Knock intervention as well, I've logged it multiple times and not a single time have knock intervention retarded ignition on idle.
On top of this idle problem, when under 2000 RPM the gas pedal has a slight delay, where I can see the vacuum of the intake going down, but the ignition timing stays retarded for some half a second, so the car won't really move.
Outside of those situations, the car runs amazingly, with perfect Lambda when accelerating and at WOT.
The car was allegedly tuned by a pro with the last owner.
Stock MAF, Throttle Body, Intake
Bigger injectors, k04 modified/hybrid, bigger intercooler, 1.9l stroker, cat deleted.

I'm a bit desperate already as it is a daily driver and it really hurt drivability.
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:18:16 PM »

What injectors do you have?
Parati

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 02:56:22 PM »

Bosch 65 lb/h, the TVUB from the manufacture is not correctly corresponding with the TVUB in the map, I'm not sure why the tuner did that, but the fueling works in the car. Should it match?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: