Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suzuki ME17.9.64 map switch with gear 4L select  (Read 2439 times)
duckstar

« on: September 16, 2021, 06:23:39 AM »

Hello!

I have this Suzuki Jimny with ME17.9.64 ecu and it has Tricoe 1724 wich is rpm limited on all gears to limit the speed and i want it to switch for different gear rpm limiter so the Vehicle can drive two different speed.

I have found out that when you put the car in 4wd Low gear the ecu will switch to Gear 1 and Gear 2 rpm limiter for all gears.
So Gear 1-3 will use Gear 1 rpm limiter and Gear 4-5 will use Gear 2 rpm limiter.

And my idea is that when i put the car in 4wd Low it will look for Gear 1 and Gear 2 rpm limiter in different place than original.

Is this even possible to do with this ecu?

Another idea is to use the crouise control to change rpm limiter for all gears in a different place.

Herleybob

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 12:25:33 PM »

Hello!

I have this Suzuki Jimny with ME17.9.64 ecu and it has Tricoe 1724 wich is rpm limited on all gears to limit the speed and i want it to switch for different gear rpm limiter so the Vehicle can drive two different speed.

I have found out that when you put the car in 4wd Low gear the ecu will switch to Gear 1 and Gear 2 rpm limiter for all gears.
So Gear 1-3 will use Gear 1 rpm limiter and Gear 4-5 will use Gear 2 rpm limiter.

And my idea is that when i put the car in 4wd Low it will look for Gear 1 and Gear 2 rpm limiter in different place than original.

Is this even possible to do with this ecu?

Another idea is to use the crouise control to change rpm limiter for all gears in a different place.

This is possible but you will need to determine what bitfield the 4wd on/off bit is stored in, and find the correct reference to the map to be able to find the function that calls that map. Once you find the address that reads the 4wd bit, you should be able to see the table that controls 4wd max speed based on gear. In that function will be calls to the tables axis values, monitor values (road speed, gear) aand actual table values. You then can alter the map address to an unused location and duplicate the map there. You will have to change a4 to your own value unless you can find empty space in the a4 address range(i call it the map table).

As far as cruise goes, you will need to find where the canbus messages are processed, and on the ME17 it is A LOT more complicated than the ME7.

Its a lot of work but doable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: