Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Rabbit checksum question  (Read 1256 times)
jrod321xx

« on: September 24, 2021, 12:12:32 PM »

Hello, I am very new to the tuning Volkswagen I had a question about a ME7.1.1 07k 906 032 bk hw: H01 CBTA ecu for a 2.5l, MY ecu has a tune on it and I am about to dump the ecu with Ktag. From the information I could find about checksums you need an original file to checksum the data after changes. Am I wrong to assume that if this ecu has already been checksumed and could be reedited and checked with the dump with the tune on it. My thinking is that the checksums are already corrected even though it is tuned, so editing it and checking it with the tuned dump would work if not what would I need to do to checksum it correctly I do believe this ecu is a st10 from what I can find about it but I cannot find much else.

came out of a 2008 rabbit 2.5l German imported

Thank you for your time!
justinvw2646

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 07:05:07 PM »

Me7sum is a command prompt program that is available on the forum. Use it every time you make changes to your bin before you flash the file and it will correct the checksums and create a new file that can be flashed. All of that said if your current file was tuned by a tuning company they have almost certainly moved things around in such a way that making changes on your own will be nearly impossible. Either be happy with what you have in the current file or start from a stock file and tune yourself.
jrod321xx

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 07:39:58 PM »

Ok thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: