Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Audi A4 1.8T 2004 BEX - 8E0909518AS - Unable to read flash from ECU.  (Read 11663 times)
BlackT

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 06:45:35 PM »

BEX ecu OBD only read by mpps(when we speak about cheap tools) end of story
Or galleto boot mode
guy1195

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2021, 02:34:50 AM »

Or galleto boot mode

That's today's job haha! I've got Galletto software working with my ftdi cable by the looks of it after using the guide found on here, not tried it with the ECU yet but it picks up my cable anyway. I'm hoping i can just pop the top off the ecu and leave it in the car and program via obd whilst in bootmode?

What differs with the MPPS cable? Do you still use NM flasher or is it the software that makes the difference when reading via obd without bootmode?

Cheers all for the help also, annoyingly seems like I have purchased the most awkward 1.8t known to man haha!
guy1195

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2021, 05:14:31 AM »

Well, just soldered a wire to pin 24 and grounded it whilst connecting the battery terminal and key to ign, the engine fan comes on at full speed and nefmoto flasher doesnt seem to be able to connect to it.. Going to just try galletto/eeprom tools straight away but no idea why the fan comes on at full pelt lol
guy1195

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2021, 06:02:59 AM »

Managed to successfully (i think) read the eeprom and flash bin files from the ecu via using Galletto and bootmode.

I flashed back the eeprom with immo disabled via me7logger eeprom tools.

Unable to get a successful read of the ecu using nefmoto flasher even after disabling immo, i will stick to just using galletto as it has been 100% so far. Bootmode is a PITA though would be nice if NM Flasher worked.

Now i just need to try implement the following fix: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6719.0 

But i can't seem to find a hex editor with the wildcard search mentioned in that post, and i'm not about to purchase winols anytime soon. Will keep looking haha!
guy1195

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2021, 06:15:42 AM »

This Hextor editor can do it.

https://github.com/digitalw0lf/hextor/releases/tag/v0.11

Found only 1 instance of it at 0006B588.

Hopefully just edit that and correct checksum, and it will start.
guy1195

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2021, 06:43:49 AM »

Fucking get inn!!!! Shes alive!

Steps taken:

Read the main ecu flash and eeprom file from ecu using galletto proper english version and ftdi cable with exe modified, whilst in bootmode.

Disabled the immo using me7logger eeprom tools and wrote those changes back. (not sure if this made a difference, i was hoping it would make nefmoto flasher work but it didnt, still gettting security errors)

modified the bin file using hextor from github with the search string mentioned in http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6719.0

corrected checksums using me7sum and saved to new bin file

wrote new modified bin file to ecu using galletto in bootmode as above

car starts again and hopefully now the fun can begin with trying to make a definition file for the original ecu bin and making datalogs/tunes etc for it.

i will post my original bin file and modified file over in the bin section as i struggled to find an original one(if i ended up needing it, luckily i didnt) for my exact software version etc.

Massive props to you all for making and maintaining these tools over the years, and all the information available here. It's insane. I was literally so close to just making a pnp standalone ecu for it and sacking off the stock ecu, but for now she stays!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2021, 10:34:00 AM »

Thanks for the update and success story. Stuff like this is invaluable to others.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kasimden

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2021, 01:06:02 AM »

Or galleto boot mode
Есть стоковая, нужна?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: