Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wideband conversion 1.8T AJQ  (Read 6285 times)
Sandstorm3k

« on: October 09, 2021, 05:03:00 AM »

Greetings

I've recently got ahold of a new project car to continue my big turbo plans on. A Seat Leon 1.8T 4 motion.

To my dissapointment this car is fitted with an AJQ engine, and thus narrowband hardware. To convert to wideband I need at the very least;

-Wideband lamba sensor (bosch)
-Wideband ECU (got one spare)
-Wiring - now i've seen they sell these wiring harnasses
https://www.getunitronic.com/parts/accessories/uni-wideband-conversion-harness

What would you guys recommend? Get one of these harnasses or perhaps get it from a wrecked car, or just doing it yourself.

Also, would i need anything else to make this a succes? Any help is very much appreciated, as i know it has been done before.

On a sidenote; in the near future the plans for this car are to pull the engine, fit rods (maxspeeding) and go for some GTX28 GEN 2 turbo probably the 67.
prj

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 02:04:29 PM »

I mean if running a few extra wires presents a challenge worthy of a forum post then i'm really worried about the rest of your plans.

Could probably have been done by the time you wrote this wall of text.

The stock lambda already has 4 wires. You just need to add two, do some re-pinning and change connector.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 03:16:26 PM »

you literally have to add 2 wires to the ecu
Existing harness New wideband sensor
Pin#1 goes to Pin#3
Pin#2 goes to Pin#4
Pin#3 goes to Pin#5
Pin#4 goes to Pin#1
Pin 52 on ecu goes to wideband o2 sensor Pin#6
Pin 71 on ecu goes to wideband 02 sensor Pin#2 (same harness plug, directly above pin 52)

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 04:26:22 PM »

I mean if running a few extra wires presents a challenge worthy of a forum post then i'm really worried about the rest of your plans.

Could probably have been done by the time you wrote this wall of text.

The stock lambda already has 4 wires. You just need to add two, do some re-pinning and change connector.
Probably, not a better place to ask then the experts on here though. Instead of any other forum and get 5 useless answers instead.

I've retrofitted rear power windows and heated/electric seats before but also asked someone who's done it before. Makes it a lot easier doesn't it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:33:54 PM by Sandstorm3k » Logged
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 04:30:18 PM »

you literally have to add 2 wires to the ecu
Existing harness New wideband sensor
Pin#1 goes to Pin#3
Pin#2 goes to Pin#4
Pin#3 goes to Pin#5
Pin#4 goes to Pin#1
Pin 52 on ecu goes to wideband o2 sensor Pin#6
Pin 71 on ecu goes to wideband 02 sensor Pin#2 (same harness plug, directly above pin 52)
I appreciate this very much. Thanks.
prj

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 06:04:17 AM »

Probably, not a better place to ask then the experts on here though. Instead of any other forum and get 5 useless answers instead.

I've retrofitted rear power windows and heated/electric seats before but also asked someone who's done it before. Makes it a lot easier doesn't it.

Better would have been to open elsawin and compare wiring diagrams.
Such asking and spoon-feeding of readily available data just breeds helplessness and ignorance.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
sda2

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »

I made this adapter to utilise the two "unused" wires from the rear O2 sensor and repin it at the ECU plug, so I could keep my ARZ wiring harness that's in perfect condition.

Beeing to busy with the BMW unfortunately at the moment, so not tested yet.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 03:45:08 PM »

I made this adapter to utilise the two "unused" wires from the rear O2 sensor and repin it at the ECU plug, so I could keep my ARZ wiring harness that's in perfect condition.

Beeing to busy with the BMW unfortunately at the moment, so not tested yet.
Very interesting! Might end up doing something similar.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 03:47:48 PM »

Better would have been to open elsawin and compare wiring diagrams.
Such asking and spoon-feeding of readily available data just breeds helplessness and ignorance.
Maybe you're right, perhaps a lazy question. Though I've now gathered some interesting new info to go about this.
denniss112

Audi TT 99' | 180+HP FWD

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 03:52:13 PM »

What a sas from people overhere. Typical forums.. I didnt even knew this was possible, its these kind of forum posts that wil help people in 10 years so to speak.

Im gonna keep an eye on this post, love to read some updates from you
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 05:18:22 AM »

What a sas from people overhere. Typical forums.. I didnt even knew this was possible, its these kind of forum posts that wil help people in 10 years so to speak.

Im gonna keep an eye on this post, love to read some updates from you
Will make an update in a while with pics, lambda is ordered so just waiting for that. In the meantime need to replace this Haldex unit & computer and hope that'll work.

Not too sure if i need to use a binary that's compatible with Haldex or if i can just use the ol' 032HN file.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 05:20:11 AM by Sandstorm3k » Logged
denniss112

Audi TT 99' | 180+HP FWD

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 07:15:56 AM »

Will make an update in a while with pics, lambda is ordered so just waiting for that. In the meantime need to replace this Haldex unit & computer and hope that'll work.

Not too sure if i need to use a binary that's compatible with Haldex or if i can just use the ol' 032HN file.

i would'nt know about that. I have a FWD TT Mk1.. does the conversion for this sensor need any changes in the map so it knows its there, or is it plug and play?

Also, is  there a wire diagram to know where the extra cables go in the ECU?
jochen_145

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 11:39:48 AM »

Mhh, witch software do you want to use for the conversion ?

AJQ engine does not have VVT, so you need to disable this function in application also
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 09:37:05 AM »

i would'nt know about that. I have a FWD TT Mk1.. does the conversion for this sensor need any changes in the map so it knows its there, or is it plug and play?

Also, is  there a wire diagram to know where the extra cables go in the ECU?
Changes depend on your engine code;

If you already have drive by wire then it's an straightforward swap. If you have cable throttle more is involved.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 09:38:40 AM »

Mhh, witch software do you want to use for the conversion ?

AJQ engine does not have VVT, so you need to disable this function in application also
Planning to use 032HN since its extremely similar to this engine anyway, i know to disable VVT. Not sure if adding a VVT tensioner is worth it or not.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: