Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Audi TT Cluster mk1  (Read 7801 times)
Geomeo

« on: November 18, 2021, 11:02:07 AM »

I’m about to send my cluster for full rebuild and I was wondering if it’s possible to pull the 4 digit code that matches the ecu before I send it?  The last time I did something similar to this is when I got the code  from a beetle ecu, which I had to take apart and ground one of the pins on the eprom.  Is this similar idea on the cluster?  I’m hunting around, but maybe looking in the wrong place.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 01:06:22 PM »

It is quite easy, something along the lines of VAG eeprom programmer (or similar software) can pull the EEPROM from the cluster through OBD using a blue kkl cable. Enjoy   Smiley
Tomas

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »

Please expand because I have not had any success reading mk1 TT clusters via OBD
cherry

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 03:32:34 PM »

It´s not VDO, it´s Magneti Marelli Jaeger M73. No external eeprom and not working with shit tools. Even original Vagtacho und Vagdashcan does not work correct, lot´s of tools read not complete range. I think cheapest solution for these is VWlog from codecard or just read processor with programmer. It´s some Motorola, nothing special, but you need to read the correct one because there are 2 inside.
Geomeo

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 04:27:41 PM »

Please expand because I have not had any success reading mk1 TT clusters via OBD
I’m about to experiment.  I have a spare cluster I bought real cheap and going to wire up bench wise.  I’ll let you know if I get it to work. 
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 05:35:23 PM »

Well sorry - i was under the impression these were also VDO.

I have a friend with a TT, i'll see what my tools can do....

It always works on Seats, VW's, but tbh never tried on Audi stuff
Geomeo

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 09:27:26 PM »

So I found VAG K + commander 2.5 and I managed to read the cluster, but I'm not sure I got the whole file.  First off if you've ever used this program you'll see an open channel thing down at the bottom right.  You can select 17 for instrument all you want and open channel it won't work.  Do however select K-Line at the very bottom, this will allow you to press special function - instrument/immobilizer.  Then using the drop down there's a   Magneti Mareli shadow 3 (TT) option.  I tried the Magneti Marili Shadow -direct and it crashed my PC.  Anyway the shadow  3 TT option does something.   So now here's where I'm at.  I have a file read, but I'm not sure that's the full file.  I don't see anywhere to set the amount of hex lines to be read.   Or now that I have a file I'm not even sure what to do with it.  Anyone know if the 4 digit code is in there?  Or how I would translate it.  I'd also like to know how to switch from manual to automatic, but I think I can do that in vagcoms soft coding.  Maybe.....
elektronik13

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 01:47:36 PM »

So I found VAG K + commander 2.5 and I managed to read the cluster, but I'm not sure I got the whole file.  First off if you've ever used this program you'll see an open channel thing down at the bottom right.  You can select 17 for instrument all you want and open channel it won't work.  Do however select K-Line at the very bottom, this will allow you to press special function - instrument/immobilizer.  Then using the drop down there's a   Magneti Mareli shadow 3 (TT) option.  I tried the Magneti Marili Shadow -direct and it crashed my PC.  Anyway the shadow  3 TT option does something.   So now here's where I'm at.  I have a file read, but I'm not sure that's the full file.  I don't see anywhere to set the amount of hex lines to be read.   Or now that I have a file I'm not even sure what to do with it.  Anyone know if the 4 digit code is in there?  Or how I would translate it.  I'd also like to know how to switch from manual to automatic, but I think I can do that in vagcoms soft coding.  Maybe.....
read as direct
Geomeo

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 05:30:02 PM »

This program crashes in direct mode.  Looks like I may have to fish around for an updated version or another program. I did notice after there a login text box so I guess when it does work it provides the login code.  But yeah the problem is the program I think.
elektronik13

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2021, 05:11:59 AM »

This program crashes in direct mode.  Looks like I may have to fish around for an updated version or another program. I did notice after there a login text box so I guess when it does work it provides the login code.  But yeah the problem is the program I think.
this option works fine i think you have a hardware, system, driver or laptop problem
Geomeo

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 06:13:09 AM »

this option works fine i think you have a hardware, system, driver or laptop problem
Does your version of program have China at the top? And what version are you running?
choogenboom

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 01:08:59 PM »

I checked your bin file, its no good.  Should be 2K and within a hex editor you should see the VIN and AUZ... numbers in clear ASCII text.

I am currently working on the exact same problem and just posted a lengthy post on what I have tried.  Bottom line is I do not think I have cracked this nut.  See my post here on what I have tried. 
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=20166.0title=

Note all this is specific to clusters made by Magneti Marelli, ie "M73" clusters.

kw1281test_0.71-beta_Win10 - can read the cluster eeprom correctly
eepromtool_04.exe - decodes the eeprom.bin file nicely but in my case reports 00000 for the SKC so pretty sure it has it all decoding correct except for the SKC

numerous sources report that SKC is the 2 bytes preceding the "AUZ..." immo serial number.  You can read the .bin file in any good hex editor and get the 2 bytes easily enough.  Note they are NOT swapped ie they are big endian.  The VDO and RB manufactured clusters the SKC bytes are stored little endian and are swapped.  I have yet to prove this works however.  So far I have not been able to login to my cluster using what I believe to the the correct SKC and VCDS-Lite.  I have used similar tools to pull SKC from the ECU and login to that.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 01:21:28 PM by choogenboom » Logged
elektronik13

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 01:26:35 PM »

Does your version of program have China at the top? And what version are you running?
it doesn't matter which 1.4 or 2.5 both work
elektronik13

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 01:28:20 PM »

I checked your bin file, its no good.  Should be 2K and within a hex editor you should see the VIN and AUZ... numbers in clear ASCII text.

I am currently working on the exact same problem and just posted a lengthy post on what I have tried.  Bottom line is I do not think I have cracked this nut.  See my post here on what I have tried. 

Note all this is specific to clusters made by Magneti Marelli, ie "M73" clusters.

eepromtool_04.exe - decodes the eeprom.bin file nicely but in my case reports 00000 for the SKC so pretty sure it has it all decoding correct except for the SKC

numerous sources report that SKC is the 2 bytes preceding the "AUZ..." immo serial number.  You can read the .bin file in any good hex editor and get the 2 bytes easily enough.  Note they are NOT swapped ie they are big endian.  The VDO and RB manufactured clusters the SKC bytes are stored little endian and are swapped.  I have yet to prove this works however.  So far I have not been able to login to my cluster using what I believe to the the correct SKC and VCDS-Lite.  I have used similar tools to pull SKC from the ECU and login to that.
my friend, would you put your file here, then I will check if you have this pin correct
Geomeo

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 02:16:42 PM »

Thanks for the information.  And link to your post. Would you be able to send these programs to me? Or the links?  So I can try them? 
Also I could be wrong in this, but if you do the key programming routine your cluster might program at the same time.  You need both keys one in the door.  And I forget the rest.  I think it’s in the owners manual. Not saying it will work, but worth a try.
Did you also try to load the bin file to vag k commander?  After you uploaded from beta win10?  I have a funny feeling vag k might work if it looked at the correct hex addresses.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: