Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Audi TT Cluster mk1  (Read 8137 times)
choogenboom

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 02:25:05 PM »

my friend, would you put your file here, then I will check if you have this pin correct
Attached is the cluster .bin file.  I get 03997 as the SKC but its not working using unregistered VCDS-Lite.

elektronik13, I noticed you provided 2 SKCs here
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=19168.0
for the same model cluster.  I checked the .bin files and the SKCs and in one case they matched but in the other the SKC was off on one digit.  Wondering if that was a typo or deliberate?
choogenboom

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 02:32:28 PM »

Thanks for the information.  And link to your post. Would you be able to send these programs to me? Or the links?  So I can try them? 
Also I could be wrong in this, but if you do the key programming routine your cluster might program at the same time.  You need both keys one in the door.  And I forget the rest.  I think it’s in the owners manual. Not saying it will work, but worth a try.
Did you also try to load the bin file to vag k commander?  After you uploaded from beta win10?  I have a funny feeling vag k might work if it looked at the correct hex addresses.

I am far from the point of teaching immo about the keys.  Putting new cluster in requires cluster adaptation which requires old and new SKC codes.  I have old ECU SKC but stuck getting new cluster SKC.

kw1281test_0.71-beta_Win10 - https://github.com/gmenounos/kw1281test/releases/tag/v0.71-beta
eepromtool_04.exe -  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0
Geomeo

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 04:25:27 PM »

I am far from the point of teaching immo about the keys.  Putting new cluster in requires cluster adaptation which requires old and new SKC codes.  I have old ECU SKC but stuck getting new cluster SKC.

kw1281test_0.71-beta_Win10 - https://github.com/gmenounos/kw1281test/releases/tag/v0.71-beta
eepromtool_04.exe -  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0
Thanks!  Im doing something wrong hmmmm
Geomeo

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2021, 04:44:26 PM »

Thanks!  Im doing something wrong hmmmm
Ignore this one the command I found they saying is close to beetle kw1281test.exe COM1 9600 17 DumpMem 14336 2048
Geomeo

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2021, 06:33:03 PM »

When I try to dumpmarellimem it sends a 06x and times out waiting for acknowledgment.  Did you get that error?
choogenboom

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2021, 08:50:25 AM »

When I try to dumpmarellimem it sends a 06x and times out waiting for acknowledgment.  Did you get that error?
Try 10400 baud rate and lmk how it goes.  My ECU is 10400 and while my M73 D14 cluster talks 9600 I believe older clusters may talk 10400.  Not that anyone cares but 10400 is a virtually unheard of baud rate and its incomprehensible to me that it was chosen for any reason other than to make the tools and access to these clusters as proprietary as possible.  "Right to repair" anyone?

I also noticed the "untested cluster version" warning which I have not seen before.  I ran kw1281test on a M73 D14 cluster without that warning and pretty sure the "D14" is a later version than yours.  My M73 D14 has a 2015 date of manufacture and my original with a 2002 date of manufacture is a M73 D01.
Geomeo

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2021, 12:44:36 PM »

Try 10400 baud rate and lmk how it goes.  My ECU is 10400 and while my M73 D14 cluster talks 9600 I believe older clusters may talk 10400.  Not that anyone cares but 10400 is a virtually unheard of baud rate and its incomprehensible to me that it was chosen for any reason other than to make the tools and access to these clusters as proprietary as possible.  "Right to repair" anyone?

I also noticed the "untested cluster version" warning which I have not seen before.  I ran kw1281test on a M73 D14 cluster without that warning and pretty sure the "D14" is a later version than yours.  My M73 D14 has a 2015 date of manufacture and my original with a 2002 date of manufacture is a M73 D01.
They should just have it wireless/bluetooth network.  All this OBD adapters is nothing but a waste of plastic.  And it seems like the only people making money from it is China lol. 
I have the cluster hooked directly on the bench using K-Line. it didn't like 10400 baud.  From the literature I've read in the past I think it's meant to be autobaud. Meaning what ever the program sends it with the 5 bit baud initialize, it should respond with the specified baud from the pc program itself.  I may need to read that again. But who does 5 bits per second also?  That's so dumb, but then again if you're going to fool emissions then you probably don't want anyone accessing your secret smoke you to death machine.   I tried two clusters, my own one 2003 and a 2002 cluster.  Maybe the ECU needs to be in circuit is the difference, I guess I could put an ECU on the K-Line.   The read eeprom thing looked like it worked, but it's all zeros.  This may take a while to figure out. I'm probably going to end up pulling the code from the ECU.  All I want is the code right now, but after thinking about how my cluster may just die at some point I may need to revisit this.   Are you able to read what numbers are on the chips in yours?  There is two motorollas in mine, but they are not real clear.
choogenboom

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2021, 01:03:23 PM »

Some software will autobaud but kw1281test requires a baud rate on the command line and that's what it uses and I did verify that it matters.  10400 for ECU and 9600 for my 2015 cluster.  Do not know what would work for my 2001 cluster since its very dead.

pretty sure the ECU and the Cluster have the same SKC so does not matter which one you get it from.  The memory dump should not be all 0's.  Look at my other posts where I attached my dump and you'll see what a good dump looks like. 

Both my clusters have the Motorola chips.  The larger chip is laser marked with what looks like a firmware version and it is different between my 2001 and 2015 clusters.

I had no problem reading the eeprom on both the ECU and the cluster using the kw1281test tool and this cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IG81SQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details.  eepromtool_04.exe pulled the correct SKC from my ECU eeprom dump but not from my cluster eeprom dump.  I did it in the car, not on the bench. 
elektronik13

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2021, 02:32:03 PM »

Attached is the cluster .bin file.  I get 03997 as the SKC but its not working using unregistered VCDS-Lite.

elektronik13, I noticed you provided 2 SKCs here
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=19168.0
for the same model cluster.  I checked the .bin files and the SKCs and in one case they matched but in the other the SKC was off on one digit.  Wondering if that was a typo or deliberate?
pin 03997 is ok 100%
Geomeo

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2021, 03:41:07 PM »

Some software will autobaud but kw1281test requires a baud rate on the command line and that's what it uses and I did verify that it matters.  10400 for ECU and 9600 for my 2015 cluster.  Do not know what would work for my 2001 cluster since its very dead.

pretty sure the ECU and the Cluster have the same SKC so does not matter which one you get it from.  The memory dump should not be all 0's.  Look at my other posts where I attached my dump and you'll see what a good dump looks like. 

Both my clusters have the Motorola chips.  The larger chip is laser marked with what looks like a firmware version and it is different between my 2001 and 2015 clusters.

I had no problem reading the eeprom on both the ECU and the cluster using the kw1281test tool and this cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IG81SQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details.  eepromtool_04.exe pulled the correct SKC from my ECU eeprom dump but not from my cluster eeprom dump.  I did it in the car, not on the bench. 

DId you have to ground the Eeprom pin on your ECU to pull the SKC?  I had a program before that required to do that.  So that's why I don't want to pull it from the ECU.  It's a bit messy having to pull the ECU apart.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: