Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cluster immo light keeps flashing  (Read 12483 times)
Sandstorm3k

« on: November 24, 2021, 02:36:35 PM »

Greetings,

My project Seat Leon has got another issue that I can't seem to solve. Bear with me (please)

When I bought it the hazard light from the immobilizer kept flashing, so i thought easy fix. I read the cluster EEPROM for the login code and tried adapting it through VCDS, but it keeps throwing an error while it literally worked on every car i've tried in the past. I swapped the ECU for a wideband unit which I immo'd off, but also didn't help.

Then I thought they might have fiddled with the cluster EEPROM itself, so I flashed a known working "stock" cluster EEPROM then tried the VCDS procedure but also no succes. Car runs fine with the stock narrowband immo on ECU, and also with the offed ECU.

What can we do to stop this stupid light from blinking as i'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance!
elektronik13

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 04:00:33 PM »

Greetings,

My project Seat Leon has got another issue that I can't seem to solve. Bear with me (please)

When I bought it the hazard light from the immobilizer kept flashing, so i thought easy fix. I read the cluster EEPROM for the login code and tried adapting it through VCDS, but it keeps throwing an error while it literally worked on every car i've tried in the past. I swapped the ECU for a wideband unit which I immo'd off, but also didn't help.

Then I thought they might have fiddled with the cluster EEPROM itself, so I flashed a known working "stock" cluster EEPROM then tried the VCDS procedure but also no succes. Car runs fine with the stock narrowband immo on ECU, and also with the offed ECU.

Thanks in advance!
share eeprom dash and ecu files let's see what can be done with it
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 02:36:36 AM »

Noteworthy; the car is fitted with an immo 3 cluster and immo 3 ECU, while stock it definitely had an immo 2 cluster and immo 2 ECU.

When I bought it it had an immo 3 cluster on an immo 2 ECU.

Attached; the cluster EEPROM read from the car, and my offed 95040 for the ECU (came from another car with 032HN file)

Car is currently running on 032HN, but I figured I need to be running a file with Haldex/4WD code as I can't seem to enable it on VCDS for what seems to be an obvious reason.
elektronik13

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 11:16:47 AM »

Noteworthy; the car is fitted with an immo 3 cluster and immo 3 ECU, while stock it definitely had an immo 2 cluster and immo 2 ECU.

When I bought it it had an immo 3 cluster on an immo 2 ECU.

Attached; the cluster EEPROM read from the car, and my offed 95040 for the ECU (came from another car with 032HN file)

Car is currently running on 032HN, but I figured I need to be running a file with Haldex/4WD code as I can't seem to enable it on VCDS for what seems to be an obvious reason.

save these files and the car should start if you program the pin keys is 02297
try to program old keys
if they do not program themselves use new transponders
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 01:22:18 PM »

The car does start, because immo is off it's just the stupid light and not being able to program the keys.

I will order a new key and transponder to test, and try your files. Thanks.
elektronik13

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 01:58:26 AM »

The car does start, because immo is off it's just the stupid light and not being able to program the keys.

Ok let me know what the end result was
stuydub

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 08:24:23 AM »

You can not adapt immo off ecu immo needs to on to access channel 50 or error is happen...turn immo on get new id48 chips adapt then turn immo off but wont be needed if paired
elektronik13

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 10:55:17 AM »

You can not adapt immo off ecu immo needs to on to access channel 50 or error is happen...turn immo on get new id48 chips adapt then turn immo off but wont be needed if paired
Exactly if it is paired
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 03:26:07 PM »

Awesome. This was probably the piece I was missing, will report back here when the new key arrives.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 11:42:50 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8676.0

Found here also, stupid me
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 12:47:11 PM »

Flashed the car with 8N0906018H file & EEPROM.

Paired the cluster & EEPROM and re-adapted keys with Vagcom.

Problem solved & a job well done  Smiley
stuydub

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 02:38:53 AM »

U can also edit the ECU flash to not check for immo... not very often i immo off the 95040 file now just the Flash
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 12:40:41 AM »

U can also edit the ECU flash to not check for immo... not very often i immo off the 95040 file now just the Flash

I knew this was possible, but i'm not too sure how. Would you care to elaborate?

Though for my issue I think being able to re-adapt the keys to the cluster was a must anyway. I also do prefer having the stock-like immo support on it anyway.
Twisted vr6

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2022, 12:08:09 PM »

Greetings,

Thanks in advance!
if it runs fine take the bulb out
grayjay

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2022, 01:57:35 PM »

if it runs fine take the bulb out

Exterior taillight also flash, just removing the dash bulb will not fix that. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: