Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rs4 b7 flashing with mpps  (Read 2145 times)
4ringpieces

« on: November 27, 2021, 09:38:19 AM »

just some questions regarding flashing these master slave ecu's

genuine mpps being used with latest version, read out both master and slave ecu, car is stage 2 and deflapped tuned,
had files decrypted and noread removed. As seen alot of ecu's going dead lately and wanted a to back them up.

Looking to add simple things like delete noread, some burbles on gear changes and see if the ARMD turning off makes it any smoother (has single mass flywheel)
Overall the tune is good so really cba to touch anything else maybe raise back up the knock settings for safety

My questions,
Can i flash 1 file for example master file edited flashed to both master and slave ecu?
Do i need to edit both the master and slave read out files individually and flash them back?

Going to use Mpps to correct checksum.

Anyone with experience with these, you would really help a bother out.
cherry

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 12:04:17 PM »

Yes MPPS should work fine. Used it several times for R8. Since about 2 years MPPS does read/write/checksum bigger range, but normally not needed. M/S OBD is the same data.

4ringpieces

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 11:37:39 AM »

Cheers Cherry

Now to make sure MRC didn't do anything other than a noread protection. Was mapped back in 2016 by the previous previous owner and doesn't have map switching etc.

interesting to see the changes claimed like VVT modifications but no vvt maps altered

bamofo

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 02:24:57 PM »

Cheers Cherry

Now to make sure MRC didn't do anything other than a noread protection. Was mapped back in 2016 by the previous previous owner and doesn't have map switching etc.

interesting to see the changes claimed like VVT modifications but no vvt maps altered

Its going to come out encrypted with MPPS because they are least put a noread in it for sure... even unitronics knows better. so i wouldnt hold your breath. For flashing you also have to be careful because if they change the MPC file at all and you make changes without keeping that in mind... Your going to brick it quick. I havent seen an MRC personally. The best tuning ive seen so far was putting all the code in the MPC file and then force all the lookups there... so the rom looked stock. But the tune wasnt that good unfortunately. IF you have questions PM me im more then happy to help with what i can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: