Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2012 Audi TTRS - How to go about using two ECU's (One stock, one flashed)  (Read 6025 times)
uberkidnappedmywife

Good morning,

I am very new but very interested in the culture. I have a 2012 TTRS with a Stage 1 APR tune.

Every two years I have to send the ECU out to APR, have them flash it to stock, re-install it and pass smog, take it out and send it back to APR, and have them flash it back to Stage 1.

I want to get a second ECU that I can leave stock so when SMOG time comes I can simply swap my ECU's, pass smog, and swap it back in.

I heard the immobilizer is the main issue when it comes to this. I have a pretty basic knowledge of programming but would love to advance as much as possible.

Can I clone my current ECU or code the immobilizer to make this work?

Really appreciate any responses.
elektronik13

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 12:18:16 PM »

Good morning,

I am very new but very interested in the culture. I have a 2012 TTRS with a Stage 1 APR tune.

Every two years I have to send the ECU out to APR, have them flash it to stock, re-install it and pass smog, take it out and send it back to APR, and have them flash it back to Stage 1.

I want to get a second ECU that I can leave stock so when SMOG time comes I can simply swap my ECU's, pass smog, and swap it back in.

I heard the immobilizer is the main issue when it comes to this. I have a pretty basic knowledge of programming but would love to advance as much as possible.

Can I clone my current ECU or code the immobilizer to make this work?

Really appreciate any responses.
if you do a full clon of the ECU, you will have two identical ones, so it must also work
uberkidnappedmywife

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 12:31:57 PM »

if you do a full clon of the ECU, you will have two identical ones, so it must also work

Thank you for your reply! Any guides or information I can find on how to clone an ECU? Will this cause any problems with the immobilizer or will it see it as the same ECU?

Thanks again
Audiquattro44

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 10:59:14 PM »

with which device do you want the clones? Or what devices do you have?
If it was copied correctly, there are no problems
overspeed

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 05:57:24 AM »

You shall use a immo-off solution in this case
prj

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 07:05:42 AM »

You shall use a immo-off solution in this case

There is zero need for that on MED9, it can be fully cloned.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
uberkidnappedmywife

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 10:10:07 AM »

with which device do you want the clones? Or what devices do you have?
If it was copied correctly, there are no problems

I have quite a few tools & devices I can get my hands, I just need a little help through the process.

This is all pretty fresh to me so if there are any noob/beginner guides I would be extremely grateful.
prj

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 11:04:07 AM »

I have quite a few tools & devices I can get my hands, I just need a little help through the process.

This is all pretty fresh to me so if there are any noob/beginner guides I would be extremely grateful.
If you have a proper tool it's as simple as connecting a few cables (found in the tools manual) and pressing two buttons.
So again, which tool? Don't dodge questions.

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 01:10:08 PM »

So its a secret? You want help, wont tell what tools you have (probably cuz they are all clones) LOL.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
overspeed

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 07:23:51 PM »

There is zero need for that on MED9, it can be fully cloned.

Saw some guys having problens cloning  ECUs with Revo/APR in those ECUs...

prj

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 04:26:06 AM »

Saw some guys having problens cloning  ECUs with Revo/APR in those ECUs...
Maybe because they tried to "clone" it from one car to another.
As long as it's the same car and all memories get copied there is nothing unique on MPC5xx family.

Log your car properly.
uberkidnappedmywife

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021, 09:15:17 AM »

So its a secret? You want help, wont tell what tools you have (probably cuz they are all clones) LOL.

I said tools in a more broader sense because I am not super familiar with what tools I need but from what I read I need a OBD-2 to USB cord and I have a genuine Ross-Tech.

Not sure if this information is relevant or useful but I am just trying to learn how to clone ECU's.
prj

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 10:29:52 AM »

I said tools in a more broader sense because I am not super familiar with what tools I need but from what I read I need a OBD-2 to USB cord and I have a genuine Ross-Tech.
So you don't have any tools.
Cheapest tool that will do it, is PCMFlash with Module 77. Around 1k after you buy everything needed.
Next in line is probably Trasdata and then the others, but we're talking 3-5k here.

Not sure WTF you were reading. Your VCDS cable is also irrelevant in this case.

Log your car properly.
cherry

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »

Benchmode will not work maybe in 2012 MED9.1.2, so cheapest 100% working solution is some BDM Tool. Anyway why not just send spare ecu to APR and ask too clone the ecu?
prj

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 11:03:24 AM »

Benchmode will not work maybe in 2012 MED9.1.2
What are you basing that on? Of course it will work. On anything up to mid-2020, after which the SBOOT bug got patched that everyone was exploiting.

Log your car properly.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: