Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Krkte too low.  (Read 4007 times)
littco

« on: May 26, 2012, 05:42:08 AM »

Would running krkte low cause injector DC at high rpm to be higher than expected? I appreciate the ecu adapts but it must have a limit. Injectors are capable of fueling setup so it's not like they aren't matched or adequate to the engine but at present running high DC and tune is turned down to compensate.

I just feel if the krkte is too low and hadn't been calculated properly then it could cause fuelling issues.

s5fourdoor

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »

krkte too low means you are running lean, so therefore your injector DC would be too low, not too high (indicative of richness not leaness)   does that make sense?

littco

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »

Perfect, yes understand, thank you. Would the adaptation not increase because of the lambda to increase fuelling? And thus increase so to compensate for the lean condition to meet the required lambda value?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:29:09 PM by littco » Logged
masterj

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »

Perfect, yes understand, thank you. Would the adaptation not increase because of the lambda to increase fuelling? And thus increase so to compensate for the lean condition to meet the required lambda value?

most likely its BTS interfering... If you have very lean conditions then your exhaust temp rises very quickly thus BTS is kicking in

littco

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »

Sorry I may have confused the thread here, I don't bra is a factor here it not relevant to my original question.

So basically I am running an almost identical setup to the one in question, the user who had the car mapped was told the fuel pump was on its way out and thus the map was "turned down" as it was running lean at high rpm. I was asked to look at the map and while there are a few things wrong with it none would explain this issue experience except for the krkte value which is 25% lower than what I'm running, without issue , on the same injectors . Now Back to original question in so much that would having the krkte being to low cause the engine to run lean and thus give the impression the fuelling wasn't right and the pump wasnt working correctly. I know if you run a krkte to high it'll run rich but the ecu will pull the fuelling to compensate so assume it works when it's lean but there is a limit and could this krkte which in my mind is quite away out so the ecu can't adapt enough to compensate and will show a lean condition when in actual fact it's the scalar that's wrong and not the fuel pump?

I think it does but need confirmation

Hope that makes sense
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: