Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2007 New Beetle 2.5L ME7.1.1 Replace ECU with Used ECU - TROUBLES  (Read 6802 times)
borderm3

Hi,

I have tried multiple ecu's and I still keep having the same problem.

I desolder the 95160.  Solder it to a zif socket adapter.  Write it with the bin I read from the original ecu.  Solder the newly written 95160 into the ecu and the car starts and after what seems like a random amount of time between a few seconds and a 10's of minutes the car shuts off and engine fans come on blazing.

I desolder the 95160 and do a verify and it fails everytime the same locations.  I even tried putting the bin into universal immo and did immo off.  The same results.  Perhaps my original bin read is bad?

What options do I have.  Is there a way to download the flash for this particular vehicle write it and virginize the 95160, then just use ODIS?

I have about 40 hours in this thing and I am WAY UPSIDE DOWN.  We are a euro shop open for 2 years now and this will be the first vehicle I have to tell the customer I can't fix.  Sad

I am to the point I am thinking about not charging the customer anything and telling them I cannot fix it.

Thanks
Chirs
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »

Hi,

I have tried multiple ecu's and I still keep having the same problem.

I desolder the 95160.  Solder it to a zif socket adapter.  Write it with the bin I read from the original ecu.  Solder the newly written 95160 into the ecu and the car starts and after what seems like a random amount of time between a few seconds and a 10's of minutes the car shuts off and engine fans come on blazing.

I desolder the 95160 and do a verify and it fails everytime the same locations.  I even tried putting the bin into universal immo and did immo off.  The same results.  Perhaps my original bin read is bad?

What options do I have.  Is there a way to download the flash for this particular vehicle write it and virginize the 95160, then just use ODIS?

I have about 40 hours in this thing and I am WAY UPSIDE DOWN.  We are a euro shop open for 2 years now and this will be the first vehicle I have to tell the customer I can't fix.  Sad

I am to the point I am thinking about not charging the customer anything and telling them I cannot fix it.

Thanks
Chirs
Sounds like Checksum Problem… did you checksummed your file?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
borderm3

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 01:35:19 PM »

Nope, I just read it from the old 95160 using VVDI Prog.

Any advice how to checksum it?  I was hoping (unfortunately assuming) VVDI did that automatically Sad

Thanks
Chris
borderm3

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 02:19:12 PM »

I attempted to use me7sum but this is what I get.

I assume that either it doesnt work with 95160 or it's for the flash and not the eeprom?

------------------

C:\Users\My LENOVO\Desktop\me7sum>me7sum "95160 3VWRG31Y57M411536.bin" "95160 3V
WRG31Y57M411536_csum.bin"
ME7Sum (v1.1.1) [Management tool for Bosch ME7.x firmwares]
Inspiration from Andy Whittaker's tools and information.
Written by 360trev and nyet [BSD License Open Source].

Attempting to open firmware file '95160 3VWRG31Y57M411536.bin'
File is an odd size (2048 bytes). Are you sure this is a firmware dump?

*** WARNING! 1/1 uncorrected error(s) in 95160 3VWRG31Y57M411536.bin! ***

C:\Users\My LENOVO\Desktop\me7sum>

------------------------------
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 02:20:37 PM »

Upload your file and let us see what size it is and whats inside Smiley

borderm3

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 02:21:38 PM »

Sounds like Checksum Problem… did you checksummed your file?

Doesn't universal immo correct checksum when you do immo off?  If so, the incorrect checksum doesn't explain this, in this case?

Thanks
Chris
borderm3

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 02:24:51 PM »

Doesn't universal immo correct checksum when you do immo off?  If so, the incorrect checksum doesn't explain this, in this case?

Thanks
Chris

AWESOME!! Smiley Thanks.

See attached please.  One is the read I did from the original eeprom which is NLA.  The other is the result of immo off in immo universal of that file.  I read the originalwith an sop8 adapter before I realized how tricky these things were to read.  Now I solder them to an adapter.  It's possible my read is bad to start with?
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 02:46:47 PM »

AWESOME!! Smiley Thanks.

See attached please.  One is the read I did from the original eeprom which is NLA.  The other is the result of immo off in immo universal of that file.  I read the originalwith an sop8 adapter before I realized how tricky these things were to read.  Now I solder them to an adapter.  It's possible my read is bad to start with?

Try this file, its patchd and Checkt Smiley it should work now....

Who did your Immo off ?
borderm3

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 03:07:23 PM »

I'll give this a shot right now.  Could I trouble you to do a checksum on the original file?  This way the dash will not show the blinking security light? 

XOXO

Thanks!!!
borderm3

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 03:51:14 PM »

Try this file, its patchd and Checkt Smiley it should work now....

Who did your Immo off ?

I did it myself, but I am a hack at best Smiley

This didn't work Sad   It lasted about half an hour and then shut off, same result.
borderm3

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 05:04:56 PM »

At this point my last attempt here is to take the 95160 off another me7.1.1 that is not for thr BPR engine, read it, immo off, and write it.

The only thing I can think at this point is my original read was off
gremlin

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 06:01:52 AM »

It seems to me that you got down to work without sufficient knowledge to complete it.  Grin

If you want to make clone of original ecu on new board of used ecu is not enough to transfer eeprom dump only.
You must also copy and replace ST10F286 CPU dump.
CPU and eeprom content are unique pair and standard immoff methods will not work here.

borderm3

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 07:27:11 AM »

NOW WE ARE TALKING! 

This is exactly how it behaved, like it went through a cycle then it writes the chip and disables it.  I was thinking about disabling the write pin on the chip as a potential hack.

Would you mind sharing where the ST10F286 CPU is located? 

Since I don't have his original ECU anymore to get the ST10F286 CPU dump, how do you go about dealing with this? 

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 07:40:08 AM by borderm3 » Logged
borderm3

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 08:15:02 AM »

Based on my current, albeit limited, understanding of this system.

I am going to take another unmolested 07K 906 032 xx ECU , desolder the EEPROM, immo off, and convince the customer to deal with the security light blinking on the dash.

I don't have another 'BPR' version, hopefully I can read the flash off the BPR version that I currently have in there with a mismatching EEPROM and write that flash to this non BPR version.
gremlin

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 08:36:37 AM »

Would you mind sharing where the ST10F275 CPU is located? 
Since I don't have his original ECU anymore to get the ST10F275 CPU dump, how do you go about dealing with this? 

If you don't have dumps from original ECU there is no simple way to solve a task.
The only way is convert "used" ECU to "virgine" (don't ask how) and install it with standard service procedure "replace ECU".
ST10 chip is located next to flash chip.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: