Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Autogenerated 551M and 551K xdf's  (Read 27468 times)
prj

« on: May 26, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

Here are some auto generated files.
They don't contain everything, not everything is correct, etc.

But they can be something to work from.
The way I generated these is by using region matching, and feeding the parser existing .kp and matching .bin files.

Approximately 2700 maps/constants in each file.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
AudiFlorida

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »

Fantastic files, thanks for sharing. Any chance on the same files for 557N? What tool are you using for the matching, some sort of Regex?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »

Phenomenal work, prj

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:23:33 AM »

I am using region based matching and searching for equal data...
Basically trying to find data that is exactly the same between two tunes at a minimum length and then extending around that area until non-equal data is hit.

It does not always work out, there are some guesses made, etc, but it can still reduce the manual labor by quite a bit.

Log your car properly.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »

That's awesome.  You are doing the pattern-search equivalent of a radial basis kernel in statistical learning theory.  So cool man!
Let's keep this energy going here.  Is there someway to re-group these like in Nye's XDF file by group?  How about the descriptions, can we make a master table and edit the German to English?

Bigger picture, have you been able to compare the K-box and M-box table intersections?
prj

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »

I don't really think there is any point grouping.

The way I work is I generate a such file, then start hand editing it.
I have everything ungrouped, except for the items that I am using to tune. I group those logically for myself.
So basically I move ungrouped items into grouped.
And the grouping is just to have an overview anyway, when I edit a parameter, I always use search.

I don't really care much for M-Box myself.
No idea why people tend to be so fond of it. There is no definition available, so you might as well work from the G-Box for example.
It's like some sort of "follow the pack" mentality.

I have not tried flashing a M-Box to K-Box yet, but if that's possible, then I don't see any point to use anything other than K-Box Smiley
If someone wants to work on it, I can post the source of the thing. But I pretty much don't plan to make any enhancements to it as it stands now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:43:53 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »

I don't really care much for M-Box myself.
No idea why people tend to be so fond of it. There is no definition available, so you might as well work from the G-Box for example.

The m-box is only popular because its the only relatively late box with a definitions file.

That definitions file exists (and is public) only because I made it (and made it public), and m-box was what I started working with (because I didn't know any better). Everybody else was busy playing secret handshake games and "omg I can't tell you anything because i spent so much money and you're a noob and blah blah blah"

If I could do it all over, i'd have done it with k-box.

If anything, the fully spec'd definition files make learning hard, because of the # of maps.

If somebody makes a pared down def file, with the "important" maps, you can bet that will be popular.

I agree, there is nothing fundamentally special about m-box itself.

It really only comes down to map pack availability.

I am thinking about taking your def and making a pared down k-box map pack and converting.

problem is, i need it all in a .kp :/

any progress in making a xdf->kp converter? Smiley

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 01:19:20 AM »

The m-box is only popular because its the only relatively late box with a definitions file.

That definitions file exists (and is public) only because I made it (and made it public), and m-box was what I started working with (because I didn't know any better). Everybody else was busy playing secret handshake games and "omg I can't tell you anything because i spent so much money and you're a noob and blah blah blah"
It's not only you who uses the M-box. There are quite a few tuners in the US who are using M-box as well for some reason.

I will let you in on a little "secret" as to why you /should/ use K-box. 16 bit load axes. Meaning no stupid 190 load limit in any of the important maps. No underscaling of LOAD.

Haven't tried....

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »

It's not only you who uses the M-box. There are quite a few tuners in the US who are using M-box as well for some reason.

There were only two choices in the US before the g-box damos leaked - H or M (for stage 1)

IIRC APR started with F/K when they went to K04s, but they made the least amount of power, and the most aggressive tunes (stage 1, 2, 3, and homebrew) and were M-Box based.

The rest is inertia.

Pro tuners, as you know, are lazy. They had base files and saw no good reason to start all over with another box.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:06:58 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

lulu2003

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:53 AM »

xdf -> a2l should be the more easier way?! Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »

is there an a2l spec?

ECUx Plot

lulu2003

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »

i would like to know also.
today I stuck with a newer version of vectors asap2 Editor/viewer that is now able to read in some older .a2l files with certain syntax of IF_DATA without begin and and structures... Sad
jibberjive

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 06:35:53 AM »

Hey prj, do you (or anyone) by chance have a K-box 95040 dump that you could post/send me?
S3driver

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »

Hey prj, do you (or anyone) by chance have a K-box 95040 dump that you could post/send me?

Posted from Thomas here:  Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2308.0title=
jibberjive

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »

Yup, posted when I messaged him about it.  Him and prj have been great resources for me today, as I try to go to a K-box tune.  They both have helped a ton.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: