Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Me7.1.1 No longer communicating  (Read 5777 times)
markhodges78

« on: January 09, 2022, 11:18:47 AM »

Ok so I got cable with FT232R chip in it so I could try and use NefMoto. I could get the software to work using a bench harness with OBD mode but not boot mode so I was looking through the forums to see what worked for others and seen some where having luck using a resistor of 1k ohm
inline with the boot wire so this is where the problem starts ... I grabbed the wrong resister it was supposed to be 1K ohm and some how I mixed it up and put in a 10k ohm so now my ecu is not  communicating at all do any of you guys have any clue as to where I should start looking for the fried component on this ecu..

Thanks Mark
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:24:45 PM by markhodges78 » Logged
aef

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 10:52:01 PM »

There is almost no way you killed it when shorting to GROUND with the wrong resistor

If you down completely and power it up again and it should respond via obd again.

Nefmoto is not capable to operate in boot mode.

If you would experiment with bootmode you should use argdubs eeprom tool at first and later try to modify galletto to work with your cable to access the flash in bootmode.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 12:03:03 AM »

Shored the wrong pin and fried the proc

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
markhodges78

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 04:15:21 AM »

There is almost no way you killed it when shorting to GROUND with the wrong resistor

If you down completely and power it up again and it should respond via obd again.

Nefmoto is not capable to operate in boot mode.

If you would experiment with bootmode you should use argdubs eeprom tool at first and later try to modify galletto to work with your cable to access the flash in bootmode.

I did not know that Nefmoto wouldn't work in boot mode so  there wasn't even an issue there thanks... and yes I already use argdubs eeprom tool and me_7exe

Thanks mark
markhodges78

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 04:15:53 AM »

quote author=Marty link=topic=20312.msg150687#msg150687 date=1641798183]
Shored the wrong pin and fried the proc
[/quote]

I've had a wire soldered to the boot pin for two weeks now so I dont think that's the case but now I'm second guessing if I reversed the leads in power supply

Thanks mark
prj

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 05:45:53 AM »

If you reverse the leads without the boot pin connected nothing will happen.
If you reverse the leads WITH the boot pin connected, then even with the 10k resistor you most likely fried the address line on the micro as that saw 12V.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
markhodges78

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 07:54:49 AM »

I really don't believe that I reversed the leads because the same leads power the cable and that's fine but the ecu is dead even in the car I get no communication with cable and the car wont start...  so is there anything I can check with a multimeter

Thanks Mark..
adam-

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 08:13:47 AM »

What pin did you ground out?
markhodges78

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 08:53:42 AM »

What pin did you ground out?

Pin 24 I have a wire soldered to the grounding point for boot mode which is here

and it hasn't changed Ill i did was put a resistor on the end of the wire .... So I Thought ..... Huh Huh Huh Blows my mind lol

Thanks for your help
bamofo

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 10:42:36 AM »

Pin 24 I have a wire soldered to the grounding point for boot mode which is here

and it hasn't changed Ill i did was put a resistor on the end of the wire .... So I Thought ..... Huh Huh Huh Blows my mind lol

Thanks for your help

Which one of those pins did you do that to... the left or right. it makes a difference.
prj

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 10:54:48 AM »

Also, what did you ground it to? to the ECU PCB I hope?
If you grounded it to the power supply, and at any point the ECU had +12V but no ground then that will instantly fry the processor.

There's nothing you can check, buy a new ECU.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
markhodges78

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 11:46:03 AM »

Which one of those pins did you do that to... the left or right. it makes a difference.

The 1 on the right that's the 1 ktag shows don't know why there's 2 circled
markhodges78

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 11:49:11 AM »

Also, what did you ground it to? to the ECU PCB I hope?
If you grounded it to the power supply, and at any point the ECU had +12V but no ground then that will instantly fry the processor.

There's nothing you can check, buy a new ECU.

I would hold it to the gold border around board
Geomeo

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2022, 06:08:33 PM »

More inclined to think your set up is not working correctly.  Did you try rebooting your pc and check device manager for correct port? And check settings?  Check your connections again ?  Do you have a digital power supply is there any current being drawn when you power up? Check Kline wires?  If you put your obd reader back in the car I’m sure you can check address 2 tranny or some other module.
markhodges78

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 10:06:46 AM »

More inclined to think your set up is not working correctly.  Did you try rebooting your pc and check device manager for correct port? And check settings?  Check your connections again ?  Do you have a digital power supply is there any current being drawn when you power up? Check Kline wires?  If you put your obd reader back in the car I’m sure you can check address 2 tranny or some other module.

I did not check com port ..  I will follow all suggestions this evening and follow up...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: