Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immo 3 Ecu and Cluster matching?  (Read 2648 times)
aef

« on: January 23, 2022, 09:51:12 AM »

Hi,

car was pre facelift immo2 1.8t Golf Mark4 enginecode ARZ with bosch cluster.
Car was upgraded to wideband using a bam/amk ecu and immo off. Due to the matching cluster and keys the cluster was clean, no immo warning light.
Now the cluster was upgraded to vdo immo3 and immo warning is flashing. This is what im trying to fix with your help.

Is there a way to match cluster and ecu directly in eeprom? This way i would be able to learn new key transponders.

Another option would be to transfer keys from old immo2 bosch cluster to new immo3 cluster?

Last option would be to dismantel cluster to kill the immo warning light manually.

My first attempt was to write the pin from cluster into the ecu eeprom but this is not enough to match both components.

edit:
might found something
DashDumpedit is able to open the me7 eeprom and insert relevant parts into the vdo immo3 cluster eeprom
https://www.drive2.ru/l/471768829593126099/
just ordered some id48 transponders and will try this at first.
anyway your input is warmly welcome

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:05:36 AM by aef » Logged
macxxx

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 11:41:28 AM »

I think its the only way and it will work.

As I remember there was some option in Epprom of VW cluster to disable Immo notification on display  , but I maybe wrong.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 05:26:24 PM »

You can match the immo data from the cluster & eeprom with eepromtool_04

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0

Rather easy, proper tool Smiley

elektronik13

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »

Hi,

car was pre facelift immo2 1.8t Golf Mark4 enginecode ARZ with bosch cluster.
Car was upgraded to wideband using a bam/amk ecu and immo off. Due to the matching cluster and keys the cluster was clean, no immo warning light.
Now the cluster was upgraded to vdo immo3 and immo warning is flashing. This is what im trying to fix with your help.

Is there a way to match cluster and ecu directly in eeprom? This way i would be able to learn new key transponders.

Another option would be to transfer keys from old immo2 bosch cluster to new immo3 cluster?

Last option would be to dismantel cluster to kill the immo warning light manually.

My first attempt was to write the pin from cluster into the ecu eeprom but this is not enough to match both components.

edit:
might found something
DashDumpedit is able to open the me7 eeprom and insert relevant parts into the vdo immo3 cluster eeprom
https://www.drive2.ru/l/471768829593126099/
just ordered some id48 transponders and will try this at first.
anyway your input is warmly welcome

enter the VIN of your car here
aef

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »

solution:

I extracted the Immo 3 Data from the me7.5 eeprom with dashdumpedit or eepromtool and insert it to the vdo cluster dump.
By this the ecu is matched to the cluster. only thing you have to do then is to learn the key(s) which is no problem because you can re-use the immo2 transponder.

i previously entered the cars vin into the eeprom and now ecu and cluster is dtc free and looks like oem with correct vin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: