Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swap from narrowband to wideband ECU 018H  (Read 1365 times)
djholtz

« on: January 26, 2022, 07:05:29 AM »

Hello to all,
I have a ongoing project on my car (Audi TT Quattro 1.8T 225hp) from some years ago and is not finished yet.

The car has an APX code engine, originally with 8N0906018AE ECU (narrowband, 512kb flash).

I have done some mechanical mods on the car: SAI delete, CAT delete and full exhaust line from Gravity, a nice FMIC with all pipes well made, and a few other irrelevant things.

Two years ago I installed a wideband ECU 8N0906018H and I made all necessary connections. I made some tests and logs, and everything seems to work fine. I needed to modify ESKONF bytes because my engine doesn't have VVT, I modified also all bits to disable catalytic converter and exhaust temperature sensor because the engine doesn't have them.

Since I'm using original MAF for APX engine and still don't have a MAF for BAM engine, I copied the MAF linearization map from the original ECU to the new one.

Now I'm in doubt about the maps of ignition angle: KFZWOP, KFZW, KFZWMN. Because I'm not using a BAM engine with VVT, should I copy the maps from original ECU to this new one?

Please have a look at attached images where I show the differences on these 3 maps. On the top is the wideband ECU 018H, on the bottom is the original narrowband ecu from the car 018AE.

Also, there are anything more that I should change? I want to make a start point to tune properly my car, and for that I would like to know if I need to adjust or copy any more maps from the original ECU.

Thank you in advance for read and pay attention to my post and to my needs!
Best regards!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: