Pages: [1]
Author Topic: wanted help learning how to tune will pay  (Read 5513 times)
Lil18t

« on: January 27, 2022, 05:27:56 AM »

will pay for tuning teaching
adam-

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 07:13:47 AM »

Why pay when it's all free here?
Lil18t

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 09:02:00 AM »

stuff is hard to find not alot of answers not alot of help
Lil18t

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 09:03:34 AM »

for example you  Roll Eyes
adam-

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 12:16:57 PM »

What?  The wiki, the thousand threads and a search function?  Read the wiki, it'll tell you all you need to know.  Stage 1 modifications are covered in detail in threads.
xxbeefydjxx

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 07:25:33 PM »

will pay for tuning teaching

It's not as simple as that buddy.

Might I suggest this:

Learn the dos and dont's of reading, writing and recovering first.

From there, learn about ECU EEPROMs, (ECU Pairing, like IMMO off etc.). You won't learn how to do Immo Off etc, but you'll be clued up as to how different it is.

From there, it's onto mapping itself. More importantly how every ECU is different, and some revisions have different map styles or locations, etc etc etc.
Learn how to use tools like WinOLS with map files, but also how to make your own templates/DAMOS files etc by finding maps.

There's lots of information here and around various other websites/forums on many different types of ECUs. Have a look around and don't be afraid to ask. If you're ever unsure, don't just send it. You might screw up an ECU and that's no fun, despite it being part of the journey.
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 12:40:44 AM »

It's not as simple as that buddy.

Might I suggest this:

Learn the dos and dont's of reading, writing and recovering first.

From there, learn about ECU EEPROMs, (ECU Pairing, like IMMO off etc.). You won't learn how to do Immo Off etc, but you'll be clued up as to how different it is.

From there, it's onto mapping itself. More importantly how every ECU is different, and some revisions have different map styles or locations, etc etc etc.
Learn how to use tools like WinOLS with map files, but also how to make your own templates/DAMOS files etc by finding maps.

There's lots of information here and around various other websites/forums on many different types of ECUs. Have a look around and don't be afraid to ask. If you're ever unsure, don't just send it. You might screw up an ECU and that's no fun, despite it being part of the journey.
Should learn to take and read logs before attempting any modifications. Whats the point t of making changes if you don't know how those changes affected the end result?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 12:54:29 AM »

Should learn to take and read logs before attempting any modifications.

I agree. 99% of my understanding came from analyzing logs and comparing that with the maps and the FR. When you see the values line up 100% with exactly what you'd expect, you know you are on the right track.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
xxbeefydjxx

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 07:58:29 AM »

Should learn to take and read logs before attempting any modifications. Whats the point t of making changes if you don't know how those changes affected the end result?

Ops, silly me for forgetting one of the most important steps.
More to the point it's not just the logs but what change you're looking for numbers wise, like say if you changed fuel map, you'd need to use logs to help you calculate what actual fuel ratio is etc....

Very important on Petrols, as it's not as obvious if you're over/under-fueling until something goes pop!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: