Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dealing with throttle pedal delay / DSG  (Read 4568 times)
giowz0rd

« on: January 30, 2022, 07:09:48 PM »

Hello guys,

How do you deal with the throttle pedal delay on DSG based VAG cars?

(specific: A3 8P 2.0T EA888 - MED17.5)

Is there a specific map for injection delay or to compensate the dead time of the injectors?

Just used the search bar but the DSG content seems to be less frequent.

Thanks in advance Tongue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prj

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 12:52:59 AM »

There is no "throttle pedal delay". This is a retarded term that shows complete lack of understanding.

First figure out what the problem is - are you in wrong gear, is there turbo lag, etc.
And post logs that show exactly where you think there is an issue.

Or just sell your car and buy an EV, no "delay" there.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
giowz0rd

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 03:44:04 AM »

There is no "throttle pedal delay". This is a retarded term that shows complete lack of understanding.

First figure out what the problem is - are you in wrong gear, is there turbo lag, etc.
And post logs that show exactly where you think there is an issue.

Or just sell your car and buy an EV, no "delay" there.
Come on man… you are in the noob section. No need to call people retards if you apparently know more than them.

By searching a little more, I found that this is a mechanical characteristic of the DSG transmission and can be solved by using the Sport mode.

I guess that there is a way to remap DSG, but I am still not ready for that.

Not selling my car “for being retarded” though.

Thanks Tongue

prj

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 04:43:12 AM »

Come on man… you are in the noob section. No need to call people retards if you apparently know more than them.

By searching a little more, I found that this is a mechanical characteristic of the DSG transmission and can be solved by using the Sport mode.

I guess that there is a way to remap DSG, but I am still not ready for that.

Not selling my car “for being retarded” though.

Thanks Tongue
I said the term is retarded, but feel free to call yourself retarded, if that is how you feel.
You found absolutely nothing, because you have no clue what the problem is. Nor have you described anything at all.
We tune cars here, we don't make random gossip that tyre kickers do in the parking lot with their mates.

So if you want to alleviate your ignorance, you better start learning the scientific method. And that means taking logs, looking at them and drawing conclusions.
Instead of guessing at random. Otherwise you will never in your life get anywhere.

On the other hand, if you don't even know how gear shifting works then what are you doing here?

Log your car properly.
giowz0rd

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 05:19:21 AM »

I said the term is retarded, but feel free to call yourself retarded, if that is how you feel.
You found absolutely nothing, because you have no clue what the problem is. Nor have you described anything at all.
We tune cars here, we don't make random gossip that tyre kickers do in the parking lot with their mates.

So if you want to alleviate your ignorance, you better start learning the scientific method. And that means taking logs, looking at them and drawing conclusions.
Instead of guessing at random. Otherwise you will never in your life get anywhere.

On the other hand, if you don't even know how gear shifting works then what are you doing here?
Again, if you are in the Noob Section there is no reason to be that rude.

Do not blame other people if your day (week, or month, I do not know) is being a shit.

Thanks anyway for the hints Cheesy

mid_mid

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »

It's interesting how bitter, rude and fundamentally unfriendly some 'respected' forum members have become. Searching posts from 10 years ago and it's a different story. I wonder what happened.
prj

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 01:56:21 PM »

If the two of you spent even 10% of the time learning, instead of talking shit, you'd be much further along in life.
That's all I have to say to that.

Again, this forum is about tuning, not about finding out how a wheel is attached to a hub or how a gearbox works.
If you have no clue about that, then you probably shouldn't try to tune anything or be on this forum.

Correct behaviour is posting a log, which at least shows accelerator pedal position, rpm, time, engine load.
Writing random paragraphs about nothing without any data is and has always been a waste of time. About the same level of dumb as writing that your car is really fast, because you can feel it with your butt, and then not backing up that statement with absolutely any data whatsoever.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 01:58:29 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 04:36:40 PM »

When taking off, try pressing hard on the brake pedal, not softly before pressing the accelerator whilst in S mode. Otherwise you need to flash the dsg to remove delays.
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 05:14:19 PM »

If the two of you spent even 10% of the time learning, instead of talking shit, you'd be much further along in life.

Again, this forum is about tuning, not about finding out how a wheel is attached to a hub or how a gearbox works.
If you have no clue about that, then you probably shouldn't try to tune anything or be on this forum.

Correct behaviour is posting a log, which at least shows accelerator pedal position, rpm, time, engine load.
Writing random paragraphs about nothing without any data is and has always been a waste of time. About the same level of dumb as writing that your car is really fast, because you can feel it with your butt, and then not backing up that statement with absolutely any data whatsoever.
amen.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
giowz0rd

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 07:34:57 AM »

When taking off, try pressing hard on the brake pedal, not softly before pressing the accelerator whilst in S mode. Otherwise you need to flash the dsg to remove delays.
Thanks dude! I’ve seen people with the same problem on Audizine/Mk6club and it was also commented by people there.

Clarified now! Smiley

giowz0rd

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 07:42:31 AM »

If you think this is the correct behavior, it hurts in your heart to be less disrespectful?

You do not know about my experiences and are judging me for asking one question about my first car with DSG transmission.

Nobody has been born knowing everything - and looking at your posts from 10 years ago, it is very clear that you aren’t a special human.

I will finish this discussion with you here with the “Noob Section” description:

“There are no numb questions, just bad answers”

bamofo

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 08:16:21 AM »

If you think this is the correct behavior, it hurts in your heart to be less disrespectful?

You do not know about my experiences and are judging me for asking one question about my first car with DSG transmission.

Nobody has been born knowing everything - and looking at your posts from 10 years ago, it is very clear that you aren’t a special human.

I will finish this discussion with you here with the “Noob Section” description:

I think multiple pokes you did get some good responses mixed with the trash talking.

1) You need to share a log of the ECU and TCU doing this + reads from both.. its in the noob requirements that they are allowed to pick on you if you dont publish requests correctly. Use PRJ's logger or use something else... but you cant come on saying my car has a delay and talk about picking up groceries and shit and expect us to know what the issue is.
2) I have the DSG FM if you want to read through it and do some learning since your new to DSG.
3) There is a ton of really good information lately on the forum from your favorite posters "PRJ" on DSG's in here. In between smashing people he actually posts some good tidbits if you know what to read.

Start with that, get the post updated in the initial thread so new people dont jump on the wagon, and if you actually have an issue with some "delay" you will probably realize it after putting in some effort reading or sharing logs.
giowz0rd

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 08:21:50 AM »

I think multiple pokes you did get some good responses mixed with the trash talking.

1) You need to share a log of the ECU and TCU doing this + reads from both.. its in the noob requirements that they are allowed to pick on you if you dont publish requests correctly. Use PRJ's logger or use something else... but you cant come on saying my car has a delay and talk about picking up groceries and shit and expect us to know what the issue is.
2) I have the DSG FM if you want to read through it and do some learning since your new to DSG.
3) There is a ton of really good information lately on the forum from your favorite posters "PRJ" on DSG's in here. In between smashing people he actually posts some good tidbits if you know what to read.

Start with that, get the post updated in the initial thread so new people dont jump on the wagon, and if you actually have an issue with some "delay" you will probably realize it after putting in some effort reading or sharing logs.
Great, thanks for clarifying even more.

I agree on your points, should have done more research before come with a generic topic here.

Could you please share the DSG FW? I guess it will be very useful for learning.

prj

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 09:43:13 AM »

Log your car properly.
EanDem

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2022, 02:54:00 PM »

Hello guys,

How do you deal with the throttle pedal delay on DSG based VAG cars?

(specific: A3 8P 2.0T EA888 - MED17.5)

Is there a specific map for injection delay or to compensate the dead time of the injectors?

Just used the search bar but the DSG content seems to be less frequent.

Thanks in advance Tongue

More details required. Log ECU/TCU.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: