Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adding secondary inline fuel pump  (Read 6770 times)
wachu

« on: February 07, 2022, 03:29:32 PM »

Hello,

I am currently running dw65v fuel pump that sits in fuel tank. I've been told that i would need secondary inline fuel pump to gain some more power.

I wonder if there is something more to be aware of than adding a pump and powering it up from main pump plug by 12v relay.

Is that plug and play mod? I wonder if stock fuel pressure regulator and ECU map needs to be changed to adjust to the new pressure that will increase i guess.

Any tips and know-how are much appreciated. Thank you.
dal

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 06:37:29 PM »

The fuel pressure is regulated by the FPR on the fuel rail. It will not change fuel pressure.

Audi A3 8L
1984cc stroker - E100 - ME7 wideband converted - 400whp target
Instagram: @a3stroker
cherry

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 05:37:51 AM »

You need stable power supply at second pump, running 2 pumps from original wire is not good idea. Voltage will drop and pump does not have full performance. Check datasheet.
Blazius

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 05:45:52 AM »

Come on, you havent posted a single detail about the car,we talking MPI, GDI, return/returnless fuel system etc. and you expect people to reply. You can do better than this...

If we are talking about a 1.8T b5 , then anything above a Ti/Walbro 255 needs wiring upgrade even for one fuel pump or you gonna get it pretty damn hot.

What is your target goal, dual pumps are only needed for big big power.
wachu

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 07:31:14 AM »

Come on, you havent posted a single detail about the car

Yes, sorry, my bad.

Its a 2000 Audi TT with modded 1.8T BAM engine. There will be a efr7163 T4 twin scroll turbo. I believe the fuel system is return type. Target power is somewhere around 450hp, i've been told that dw65v will not handle it properly and in-line pump would be needed.

I want to add it at my own but i just started my moto journey so i prefer to ask twice.. Smiley

You need stable power supply at second pump, running 2 pumps from original wire is not good idea. Voltage will drop and pump does not have full performance. Check datasheet.

I though the fabric fuel pump harness is more than enough for both of them but then i checked their power consumption and the fuse.. Smiley

So i will definitely add "standalone" harness straight from the relay box.

Just to be sure i will replace current 20 year old FPR to new Bosch one.

Thank you guys.
prj

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 07:45:09 AM »

The DW65V has a flow rate of 225 L/H at 5 bar (with a 3 bar regulator, 2 bar boost) with 13.5V.
This is almost enough to max out 4x 1000cc injectors, as this is 3750cc/min

Whoever is telling you that it's insufficient for 450 hp hasn't got a clue, you most certainly don't need any additional inline fuel pumps.
Make sure you don't have a large voltage drop at the pump.

Of course you did not mentioned even for a second what fuel you are running.

But even if running ethanol with that turbo this pump is enough.
Simply put, if your injectors are smaller than 950cc it's not possible to max out this pump if fitted correctly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:47:58 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: