Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bosch MG1CS008 Cloning  (Read 11409 times)
jcsbanks

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2022, 06:31:08 AM »

You originally did the immo work before you bench flashed the flash and EEPROM to the original ECU?
prj

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2022, 07:46:41 AM »

i know you hate hearing that you may be wrong once in a while  Shocked but your wrong.

if you clone ecu, you cannot adapt because ecu has corrupted clone which does not match the hsm or something like that because after i had cloned it, it wouldn't communicate correctly. only after i had re frf after cloning did it fix the issue. this is what happened in my experience.
The reason that happened is that you adapted immo on the wrong software before you cloned anything.
I've done this many times using the same procedure. You've done it once and screwed everything up. Congrats.

If immo is not authenticated or you are not in bootloader, then you can't "FRF" anything, it won't enter CBOOT.
But there's no sense talking to you because you don't even have a clue what you did anymore.

The difference between me and you is, that I know how it works, you don't. But IDC, do what you like.
I'll keep using the working method I described, which doesn't involve voodoo and flashing shit 10 times instead of doing it once.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:49:26 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
golfather

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 04:34:32 AM »

Boy that escalated quickly  Grin

Just a question what tool did you chaps use to clone MG1CS002 (VAG)

Watching this video we can read/write flash and eeprom using Bitbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdlrGP-knME&t=68s

However when I spoke to BitBox support they mention this tool is not good for cloning as it "does not write FULLFLASH"

What does that mean as in the video it appears the flash (8mb) and Eeprom are read and written successfully?
prj

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2022, 06:05:49 AM »

No tool has access to the HSM, and for a full clone you would also need to clone the HSM.
Hence the option is to copy the eeprom and flash and then either immo it off or adapt it with ODIS.

Log your car properly.
golfather

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 05:23:04 PM »

No tool has access to the HSM, and for a full clone you would also need to clone the HSM.
Hence the option is to copy the eeprom and flash and then either immo it off or adapt it with ODIS.

Makes sense now, thankyou
golfather

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2022, 03:53:43 AM »

i know you hate hearing that you may be wrong once in a while  Shocked but your wrong.

if you clone ecu, you cannot adapt because ecu has corrupted clone which does not match the hsm or something like that because after i had cloned it, it wouldn't communicate correctly. only after i had re frf after cloning did it fix the issue. this is what happened in my experience.

did you have a solution to immo off the MG1CS002 Audi S4 ecu?
prj

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2022, 03:55:51 AM »

He does not, he used ODIS to adapt it with a GEKO subscription.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: