Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME 7.5 TT 180 HP K04 missing basic understanding  (Read 3176 times)
timott180

« on: February 21, 2022, 11:20:14 AM »

Hi together;

I am pretty sure you will be able to tell quite easily, but I am ABSOLUTELY new to this topic.

I recently purchased a cheap 1.8t TT with a broken turbo. As responsible as I am, I ordered a cheap chinese K04-001 to bolt on.
Stock  MAF, stock injectors and a 2.5" exhaust with 100 cell cat.

A friend of a friend of a friend had a cousin ( you know how this goes ) who has sent me software for it, and it absolutely ran like ****.

I don't know why, he was a nice guy and sent 5 different approaches before giving up. More boost, less boost, nothing of his approaches seems to work.
All files resulting in the car choking when adding more than 15% throttle, hickups and no boost.

Then I found a basic stage 1 file for my car.
Car runs better, has good power while running 0.7 bar max boost at approx. 180 mg/s.
Under partial load I am getting a bad stutter resulting in no drivability, plus my target was 1.0 bar of boost as long as my injectors and MAF will take it.

THE PROBLEM IS, that the actual boost comes in later (cheap bigger turbo =/ slow spool ), but then exceeds the target boost by 150 - 200mbar at all times.

I want to avoid rpms over 6750 (due to high milage) plus I'd like to have LC and a hard limiter.

My question is, where would you start to get boost under control? What could cause the break ups under part load?
The other features can wait until my understanding is good enough for this ECU Smiley

Attached you can find all files I have recently flashed, while the original file and the stage 1 without pops work best.
Also I tried VCDS logging for the first time, with one pull at the end.

Hope my post does not violate any forum rules, tried my best  Roll Eyes

SW: 1037352763
HW: 0261206439
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 02:05:20 PM »

Those sw hw codes which no one used here are good sign you read nothing before asking fo help
timott180

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 01:06:23 AM »

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I am sorry if thats the impression I have given you, but I actually read quite a lot.

But as I said, I am most certainly missing some basic understanding. Smiley

But I guess what youre saying is, that I should flash / patch my ECU to a certain HW and SW number, so I can find available sxf/ damos / mappacks?
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 03:47:15 AM »

Cheap garbage turbo won't help I believe they wear out extremely fast at anything over 1 bar

Ditch those crap files and do it yourself all the info is here. K04-001 is similar enough to K03s that it will run "good enough" en K03s based maps. RPMS over 6000 are useless anyway there is no usable power there anyway with this turbo. Also forget about LC or buy a spare engine already.

You have a wideband ME7.5 car flash any appropriate file, I believe your 8N0906018Q is defined somewhere just search for it, atleast I have done one before.
adam-

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 04:12:26 AM »

Put a stock file on it, get ME7Logger working.  Different actuators need calibrated.  Fit OEM turbo and then calibrate or spend a while calibrating the PID, which you will struggle to do at this level.
timott180

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 11:22:07 AM »

Thanks to both of you!

Luckily my job has given me a lot of experience with PIDs over the last four years Cheesy

So my starting point will be the PID in the stock file again.

I am trying speedweaver at the moment. The AI finds a lot of maps which are right, but the most important for me right now (LAMFA) is missing, or shows the same value of 1.99x in the stock file.

My aim is to get around 0.95 bar of boost, which I have hit for a short period, until it starts overboosting again.

My plan now is to  slowly raise the P of the N75 to prevent the overboosting in high rpms.

My last logs have shown a lambda correction of +25%, so I definetely need to work on the fueling.

So how would you proceed in my case?
The overall goal is to have smooth power, and no choking in higher rpms to have a flat torque curve.

I am raising KFMLDMX to adapt for the higher air flow, leaning out KFLBTS just a tiny bit while raising the temp threshold slightly.

LDRXN is raised over 3000 RPM with a smooth curve to 164 peak, lowering to 147 at redline.
KFLDHBN is raised to 2000mbar.

Next step is fuel enrichment via LAMFA up top, as soon as I have found and scaled it right.

Anything to do besides that and adapting for the new wg actuator?

Edit: by the way, I have a 512kb file. Shouldn't that be narrowband o2?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 12:06:32 PM by timott180 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »

Luckily my job has given me a lot of experience with PIDs over the last four years Cheesy

I am trying speedweaver at the moment.
This makes no sense. There are several well defined files you can cross flash. Stop wasting time finding maps.

My plan now is to  slowly raise the P of the N75 to prevent the overboosting in high rpms.

Whatever PID experience you have, it shouldn't be telling you this. In particular, raising P would just exacerbate overshoot.

The main issues in the pid are WG linearization and integrator windup. P is almost entirely irrelevant; it has no bearing on controlling overshoot.

Finally stop using VCDS for anything other than scanning for codes and watching trims. Almost every single post and document advises you on what tool to make logs with instead.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 01:36:09 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
timott180

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 01:37:51 PM »

Thanks nyet! By the time you were typing, I corrected myself Cheesy

Okay short edit:

I just re-read the great S4 Wiki guide.
I logged wastegate cracking pressure, made a factor between the two turbos and multiplied the Y- Axis of KFVPDKSD and KFVPDKSE with that factor.

Tomorrow I will share the ME7Logger File and also the file I have created. Can't wait to hear your comments, learning with this forum is  so much fun - some of you should have been teachers or profs at uni Cheesy
timott180

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2022, 03:55:56 PM »

This makes no sense. There are several well defined files you can cross flash. Stop wasting time finding maps.

[/quote]

Now I am starting to feel stupid.

From the ECU cross- compability list I can only run the original ECU for my APP TT 180.

I have found an XDF file for a 06A906032S ECU which actually seems very similar to my original file, has helped me to find quite a lot of maps, but still not the ones I need.

So - just for fun - I created a file for the 032S ECU. The things I have learned on here tell me there is no way this file works for my car, but how could you find out without flashing?

PS.: very thankful that you moved this to noob questions, and I thought after tuning some MS43s I would know SOMETHING  Roll Eyes but I guess I need more time to learn
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2022, 04:55:21 PM »

Generally, for 1.8t TTs, if you can confirm it is the correct fueling (narrowband/wideband) and it has the same bootrom in EPK it should be cross flashable.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
timott180

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 02:07:21 AM »

That is very good to know.

Since its the same engine code, I will look for the bootrom. If it matches, I will have my own software on it soon Cheesy

First time making software for a turbo car, can't wait to see those pistons melting Cheesy
Blazius

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 03:00:19 AM »

That is very good to know.

Since its the same engine code, I will look for the bootrom. If it matches, I will have my own software on it soon Cheesy

First time making software for a turbo car, can't wait to see those pistons melting Cheesy

Fairly sure someone posted a damos for 032S on here.
timott180

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 11:16:50 AM »

You are right. I used that one to create that file.

I used marty's stage 1 as a reference, is that okay?

ME7Check v1.12 (c) mki, 06/2004-05/2012

-> Bootrom Version = 05.12
-> EPK = 42/1/ME7.5/5/4019.00//F21dz/Dst03t/270899/
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - '0261206439'         (SSECUHN)
   - '1037352763'         (SSECUSN)
   - '8N0906018Q  '       (VAG part number)
   - '0003'               (VAG sw number)
   - '1.8L R4/5VT     '   (engine id)
   - 'HW_MAN004'

-> No errors found. File is OK  for my original file

ME7Check v1.12 (c) mki, 06/2004-05/2012

Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = 05.12
-> EPK = 42/1/ME7.5/5/4019.02//F21dz/Dst04t/270899/
   - '0261206197'         (SSECUHN)
   - '1037352760'         (SSECUSN)
   - 'MARTY MADE  '       (VAG part number)
   - 'STG1'               (VAG sw number)
   - '1.8L R4/5VT     '   (engine id)
   - 'HW_MAN004'

-> No errors found. File is OK.

For the new file. Would you try crossflashing with those?
Sorry, I am just a little scared  Lips sealed

timott180

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 02:50:49 PM »

Okay crossflashing done, worked well Smiley

just fyi, the xdf for the 032s is pretty close to the 018q, it's a very good startpoint.

And I also found the reason for my overboosting problem:
The wastegate port is much smaller than original, so I am pretty sure what I am feeling in higher rpms is just boost creep.

Will port the wastegate and update
adam-

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2022, 04:17:25 AM »

Did you get a file from Marty?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: