Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project"Hella"03 beetle 1.8t aka The Fat and the Furious  (Read 7624 times)
InlandViking

« on: April 02, 2022, 05:43:31 PM »

He asked what I planned to do with it... All I could think to say was  Hella!

Bought this from a friend. It was his kid's first car, and is full of stupid mods, and questionable work...
So far, I had to raise it 1" because I wanted to actually drive it... Replaced the "cold air" setup he had ( pod filter on the airflow meter, and a zip tie to keep things in place) with the Neuspeed unit I was going to use on my wagon

It came with 2 black, and 2 green wheels... Painted them gold for the extra hp... 

Added a 3 gauge pod on the dash with VDO  boost, water temp, and oil pressure.

Then, thanks to you guys here, I have flashed the ecu with an AWP bin... That is where It stood this morning...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 11:21:09 PM by InlandViking » Logged
InlandViking

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 11:30:42 PM »

Phase 2....

Ebay coilovers were shot, so I ordered some ECS coilovers.. The adjustable dampening ones...on sale... Smiley

The p.o. had not installed the top caps on the front struts, so I headed off to Pick n Pull... Found some on the first car I came to, Jetta VR6. Already removed...Score... Then I saw it had slightly rusty, but basically new Brembo drilled rotors with EBC Green pads all the way around... And a cat back Magnaflow exhaust...Yoink...   Gotta love Pick n Pull... Rotors... $16 each...  $800 exhaust... $27....

So today, I am putting on the new suspension, and the exhaust... Maybe the rotors, if I get around to turning them..
InlandViking

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 11:53:38 PM »

Next weekend, I hope to be able to fit the front bumper I ordered from Belgium...  And hopefully I can put the 20x8.5 BBS LM reps on, and start working on making flares....

Eventually, I will be putting the quattro setup from a TT 225.. I have everything I need, plus all kinds of extras and wiring from the TT. Already took the motor and threw in a 2.0l fsi crank, new pistons New main caps with a girdle... Just waiting to be able to afford top end parts... I hope to have figured out this ecu tuning by then, so I can try and run my own program...   Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: