Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Injectors coding  (Read 2226 times)
Flooosee

« on: December 29, 2023, 03:18:38 PM »

Hi,
I don’t know if it’s the good place for this issue.
I installed new big injectors to my Audi TT MK1 so I wanted to code the injectors using VCDS, but I just cannot, it is not even showing the option… do we just cannot do injectors coding on this ECU or something else ? It is quite weird and it seems they have to be coded, there is some little issues
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 11:02:11 PM »

Hi,
I don’t know if it’s the good place for this issue.
I installed new big injectors to my Audi TT MK1 so I wanted to code the injectors using VCDS, but I just cannot, it is not even showing the option… do we just cannot do injectors coding on this ECU or something else ? It is quite weird and it seems they have to be coded, there is some little issues
Man, you really need to educate yourself more before you any hardware modifications if you plan on tuning the car yourself. You can not use vcds for calibration. POA: if you are trying to do something and you don't know how to do it, use Google. If you type in: "injector calibration nefmoto" you will have a ha d full of links that cover it. Not to mention the wiki...

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Flooosee

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 02:10:33 AM »

Man, you really need to educate yourself more before you any hardware modifications if you plan on tuning the car yourself. You can not use vcds for calibration. POA: if you are trying to do something and you don't know how to do it, use Google. If you type in: "injector calibration nefmoto" you will have a ha d full of links that cover it. Not to mention the wiki...

I was talking about entering the number of the injector for each cylinder in VCDS, not adjusting something in the bin file. So if you tell me we can’t do this on this car, then yeah

That is what I try to do, but I just cannot https://youtu.be/dpiXiNWbC24

If it is totally different on this ECU I didn’t know, I’m taking a look on the internet for the calibration and it’s not what I expected at all.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 02:31:02 AM by Flooosee » Logged
Flooosee

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 02:57:17 AM »

I’ve just modified my KRKTE using the calculator of hammersword, thanks to this guy.
I just have a question, then if I enter my value for E85 will the car still work properly if I am on flexfuel someday ?

Calculator gave me those results : KRKTE pump fuel: 0,05247738
                                                  KRKTE ethanol : 0,07827676

Even I think on winter the Ethanol isn’t 85%, it’s more like 60%.
Doing +20% on the pump fuel value isn’t better on this case ?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 03:23:10 AM by Flooosee » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 09:22:31 PM »

I’ve just modified my KRKTE using the calculator of hammersword, thanks to this guy.
I just have a question, then if I enter my value for E85 will the car still work properly if I am on flexfuel someday ?

Calculator gave me those results : KRKTE pump fuel: 0,05247738
                                                  KRKTE ethanol : 0,07827676

Even I think on winter the Ethanol isn’t 85%, it’s more like 60%.
Doing +20% on the pump fuel value isn’t better on this case ?
Without custom code and additional hardware there is no real way to do TRUE flex fuel, the fuel trims will only go +25% and that is not enough adaptation for pump gas to e85. Furthermore, running lean and not having timing optimised is stupid. You will either have timing that's suited for pump gas and will not be taking advantage using ethanol or your timing would be too aggressive for pump gas. The easiest way would be just to use a mode switching routine, and switching between modes depending on the fuel you put in the tank. In order for a real mode switching you would need to use an ethanol sensor which uses a pwm output and not a linear 0-5v output. So your options would be to use a PWM to analog output ran to a reallocated i/o and some custom code to routinely check the content and adjust fueling and timing maps to suit. Alterintly you may be able to use the PWM input for the egt sensor thats used on some 1.8t software versions and avoid the pwm to analog adaptor. Regardless unless you can write custom code, you are a tad out of your wheelhouse, start by making an actual tune for one type of fuel first and optimise that. Keep it simple to start with, its not hard to switch between tunes or get another ecu to swap out. The other option is to use a dual chip riser and switch between calibrations with a toggle switch Picture attached           

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Flooosee

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 05:22:07 AM »

Without custom code and additional hardware there is no real way to do TRUE flex fuel, the fuel trims will only go +25% and that is not enough adaptation for pump gas to e85. Furthermore, running lean and not having timing optimised is stupid. You will either have timing that's suited for pump gas and will not be taking advantage using ethanol or your timing would be too aggressive for pump gas. The easiest way would be just to use a mode switching routine, and switching between modes depending on the fuel you put in the tank. In order for a real mode switching you would need to use an ethanol sensor which uses a pwm output and not a linear 0-5v output. So your options would be to use a PWM to analog output ran to a reallocated i/o and some custom code to routinely check the content and adjust fueling and timing maps to suit. Alterintly you may be able to use the PWM input for the egt sensor thats used on some 1.8t software versions and avoid the pwm to analog adaptor. Regardless unless you can write custom code, you are a tad out of your wheelhouse, start by making an actual tune for one type of fuel first and optimise that. Keep it simple to start with, its not hard to switch between tunes or get another ecu to swap out. The other option is to use a dual chip riser and switch between calibrations with a toggle switch Picture attached          

Oh okay, thank you for all those informations, it’s kinda interesting what we can do on a ECU. Before my injectors changes it was the default value + 20% on the KRKTE to do "flexfuel", someone told me to do that, it seemed to work (with LTFT, not going on -25 or +25). I guess it was just working but to really optimize it have to get hardware mods yup.
Anyway I have some issues I want to talk about, I’ll do it in the first post I made when I receive the cables to do the logs, it might be delivered on Monday or Tuesday.
Happy new year by the way
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 05:26:29 AM by Flooosee » Logged
ZpiXDK

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 04:53:31 AM »

I was talking about entering the number of the injector for each cylinder in VCDS, not adjusting something in the bin file. So if you tell me we can’t do this on this car, then yeah

That is what I try to do, but I just cannot https://youtu.be/dpiXiNWbC24

That is only for diesel injectors, not something you do on a petrol (:

You want some tuning with that pop and bang?
-Nahh it’s not good for the engine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: