Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1.8T AUQ K04-022 overboosting MAF too high  (Read 4676 times)
timo_auq

« on: May 18, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »

hey guys,

I guess I'm kinda stuck again... Cheesy
managed to put my car back together a few days ago, drove a few hundred calm kilometers, changed oil and started testing boost behaviour.

It's a rebuild AUQ, forged rods, BAM pistons, genuine rebuild k04-022, rebuild auq head, bam injectors, big fmic, s3 maf housing, 3,5" downpipe before cat and 3" after. ATM I'm running an open air filter  (because im waiting for my adapters to be printed, to fit the s3 maf to my 70mm carbon airbox)
SAI and vacuum stuff deleted. DV, N75, Brakebooster, FPR and Boostgauge run from the intake manifold.

Ecu-wise I started with a stock AUQ file and changed a few maps for stock BAM values (change log included) to get it working as intended before going for bigger numbers.

My problem is, the boost is ramping up at 3000 rpm(~0.95bar desired ; ~1.5 bar actual ... no bueno), car is going limp and throwing maf too high code and boost is gone.
Beside the overboosting, the car is running fine. (as far as I can tell, lol) STFT -2,8%.

tbh I'm not really sure how to interpret the logs and make proper conclusions yet changes. I'm expecting my PID is messed up... would lowering LDIMX be an appropriate approach?
also I've read about prj's feed forward method to ease PID dialing in general..
would it make sense to dig into it or should I learn dealing with the pid the "intended" way first?
Lambda should be lower for those areas as well, right?

would appreciate any hints to keep going. bin, xdf, change log and 2 logs attached.

Thanks! Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:00:38 PM »

Nothing about that log makes a whit of sense. Set all the boost changes back to stock and log.

your wastegate lines are torn or you are requesting WAY too much wgdc for that boost req.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:06:39 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
timo_auq

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 02:24:43 AM »

You mean set the boost changes back to stock AUQ values?

I will check the WG lines today.

Ty
timo_auq

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 12:32:26 PM »

so checked the wg lines. tried different diameter, tried taking boost ref of turbo outlet and no changes. still overshooting.

what do you mean by go back to stock. my file has bam stock values.
auq file has higher I-regulator in those areas.. that would mean its requesting even more dc, or do i have a misunderstanding?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 02:57:25 PM »

You have a hardware problem. Fix your wg setup.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
timo_auq

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 10:42:40 AM »

checked everything for leaks. no leaks in wg line or pressure system in general.
set actuator for 0.4 bar and its working. no overshoot when I hook the actuator to chargepipe. gauge shows stable 0.4 bars.
actuator and wg are operating smooth and not getting stuck etc.

Anything else?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 12:47:27 PM »

something like that
timo_auq

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 01:43:40 AM »

something like that

You mean it’s a software problem?

So you increased IMX and lowered DRL and LDRQ1ST, can you please explain to me why you did that? I thought increasing IMX will increase duty cycle as well?
How you got those values? guessing?

Anything else changed?

sorry if my questions are dumb, but I want to understand.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 02:52:10 AM by timo_auq » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 03:29:17 AM »

Look at the imx axis
Idk if its sw or not. Didnt saw logs
If its like 20% and 1.5+ bar overshoot then definetely its hw problem. If its something lke 70% its sw issue
timo_auq

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 03:49:17 AM »

yeah. but I don't know what else to check hardware related.

I friend of mine told me it could be my cams being off. But idk. I don't get a DTC, is this possible?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:59:46 AM by timo_auq » Logged
timo_auq

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 03:56:29 AM »

forgot this sry
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 12:30:45 PM »

You have entirely non-functional wastegates. You need a mechanic. Also, I dont think youll be able to tune this yourself if taht wasn't obvious to you.

ECUx Plot

timo_auq

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 01:54:09 PM »

as you mean. so i should pay a mechanic to test stuff that has been tested already?

there are no leaks, the wg is opening at 0.4 bar, n75 is tested and installed correct.
Connected wg directly to charge pipe and it makes 0.4 bar boost.
same if I disconnect the n75 plug. What else would make an wastegate entirely non-functional?

I guess we should not discuss what someone can or can not do, at least thats not what I'm here for..
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 03:12:31 PM »

as you mean. so i should pay a mechanic to test stuff that has been tested already?

Looking at your logs, i'd say it wasn't tested properly. Disconnect your N75 electrically from your harness and make sure boost pressure is getting to your wg through the n75, and post the logs.

"making boost" is not the same as "not overboosting"

If it looks controlled, it is quite obvious your requested wgdc isn't anywhere near as low as it should be.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:14:48 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

timo_auq

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 08:16:55 AM »

unplugged the n75 and logged.

so according to the wiki my approach should be lowering duty cycle via imx first?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: