Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking for someone to tune MY2000 VW Beetle with APH engine  (Read 4088 times)
sink

Hi,
Looking for someone who is willing to take a look and tune my Beetle which has an APH engine (wideband lambda and DBW throttle from factory)
I've made hardware changes to the car, main ones are listed below and I have had a friend who setup the ECU for me to run it safely, but the ME7 ECUs aren't in his specialty so now I would like to find someone willing to tune this properly (not looking for every last HP available, if it would run 90% of the power it is capable then that would be fantastic, more wanting someone to set it up as well as possible).

Mods done to the car:
* 440ccm injectors, Bosch green giants. Stock on this engine was 286ccm
* F21T frankenturbo with exhaust manifold and 2.25" aluminium intake piping
* Cold air intake
* Front mount intercooler (front of car modified for better intercooler cooling)
* 3" catless exhaust
* Larger MAF housing (original was 60mm now it is 71mm internal diameter, I only changed to housing and am still using the same original MAF element)
* A bit better cooling
* Hybrid DV/blowoff valve from BARTEK
* Upgraded fuel pump, still running a 3bar pressure regulator.
* Running ngk bkr8 spark plugs and R8 ignition coils
I can always refit the original MAF housing if You want to start tuning with that so the fueling will be easier to control initially (currently fueling is between 2...3%).

Would need to remove SAI, secondary lambda and EVAP related fault codes (P codes I will give).

These are the main changes I have made, just to give You an idea what this will look like.

I have access to the chinese KESS and Ktag and original in date open slave CMD, for logging I have ME7logger.

There are no tuners in the region for this. Honestly I am a very understanding person, no stress and no rush, all the risk is from my side. If I am supplied a new file, I'll run it on the car for a little, then do the necessary logs and send those back to you with my comments on drivability, if it then takes you a few days to respond to me then that's fine. It's my wife's car, been a small project of mine for a couple of years now, mechanically everything is sound and I now want it to run nicer than it is. It has an automatic gearbox and lot more mods on other stuff and I will tell the person who is willing to tune everything and help us much as I can from my side.

I work with cars daily, my specialty is in-depth diagnostics, upgrades and "tuning" (Revo, Weistec etc etc, the PnP easy stuff) I know a bit of cars, but almost nothing about tuning the ME7 ECU myself and that's why I am looking for help. PAID help of course.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: