Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Excessive wall wetting causing extreme idle surging  (Read 3772 times)
joshuafarwel

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 08:05:35 PM »

I just had a quick look and these are the values im using for tvub 2.2990   1.4669   1.0988   0.7974   0.4987 @4 bar base fuel pressure.

Krkte is 0.04595 but that is for e85, 4 bar charge pressure sensor and no maf and 5120 

damb just send me your file lol its the same exact thing as mine, e85 and bosch 4bar 5120d and not using a maf yet lmao. My krkte is .04609, and tvub is .672 @14v  and my fuel trim was .95ish, so using your tvub would probably put me at 0 fuel trim. my injectors were 36lb before decapping, part#12594512 from an 07 tahoe i think.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 07:24:38 AM by joshuafarwel » Logged
joshuafarwel

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2022, 12:28:54 PM »

Log looks mega weird to me, so I am thinking there can be some stupid stuff like 5120 not done right or some problem with torque maps.
Hence me saying to put it all to stock and just do the injectors.

Timing is a bit too far forward, I would reduce the advance.
Also at low RPM I wouldn't advance timing on E85, E85 actually burns quicker, it might be going past MBT.

So yeah, use a completely stock file. No bullshit like 5120 or other things, nothing at all.
None of that is required to get the injectors to work and for it to idle right. And if there's a mistake anywhere you're gonna be chasing your tail forever.

Dont mean to bother but if you look at how the pulsewidth goes up, the throttle opens more, ignition advances, but the afr simultaneously gets leaner, and the rpm keeps dropping, by the time the rpm catches it starts to enrich and then overshoots the target despite doing everything it can to lower torque.

I have the stock file ready to flash on my car when i have time. Ive flashed a stock file to try to fix this a few times before so im just trying to show you in advance what its probably going to look like.
Turquoise- ignition timing
Purple- rpm
Red- afr
Yellow- injector pulse
Blue- throttle

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 12:46:09 PM by joshuafarwel » Logged
joshuafarwel

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2022, 07:06:22 PM »

finally got to flash a stock file and used nameless's krkte and tvub and things are about perfect and nearly 0 oscillation and close to 0 fuel trim at steady idle, just need to add a smidge of tvub. Even with the 5120 patch it idles steady.

It actually goes lean on decel indicating a lack of wall film so im happy to find out i was completely wrong and overcomplicating things even if it makes me look like an idiot. I figure the last time i tried a stock file my tvub was too low, now i know the importance of getting tvub perfect and settling for around 6 degrees of idle timing even if its more bumpy on poly mounts.
_nameless

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 08:38:38 PM »

finally got to flash a stock file and used nameless's krkte and tvub and things are about perfect and nearly 0 oscillation and close to 0 fuel trim at steady idle, just need to add a smidge of tvub. Even with the 5120 patch it idles steady.

It actually goes lean on decel indicating a lack of wall film so im happy to find out i was completely wrong and overcomplicating things even if it makes me look like an idiot. I figure the last time i tried a stock file my tvub was too low, now i know the importance of getting tvub perfect and settling for around 6 degrees of idle timing even if its more bumpy on poly mounts.
Cool man glad to see you follow it threw and post your results.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: