Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jibberjive's 2001 GT S4 - E85  (Read 24068 times)
jibberjive

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »

4200-6500 3.7-4 sec in 3rd? On E85? With those turbos? I guess your fueling is not done yet Smiley
For dual GT2860's you will need 2x 044 pumps on E85 with a surge tank...
1000cc injectors should be OK, barely.

Your car should make 550+ at the wheels on E85, and FATS should be way below 3 sec.
And bin the M-Box Wink
Yeah, I'm not done yet, I've had 2 044's sitting on my floor for 2 years ha.  When I'm done with designing what I'm doing with the fueling, you or one of your customer may be interested Grin  Those logs are on wastegate pressure, at 4300ft elevation, 91 oct Utah gas, and on the stock fuel pump Lips sealed  Not too bad for what it is currently though (I pulled a couple of car lengths against local VAST stage 3).  Here's a video from shortly after the car was finally back together, in the state listed above. My dad is nutty ha):

http://youtu.be/edXuPruZ6k8
erroob0977

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 03:48:05 AM »

Idle-wise it runs like a charm (I literally have never had discernible misfires or anything). Part throttle is really good, when I had good KMIFRL, KFMIOP, etc maps. Julex is also running this sensor and he contributed to the MAF stuff. His optimum MLHFM don't fit mine exactly, as we have different intake setups (you can see in the logs that my car starts to go lean at around 6000RPM).  I'm running the SDR big open element filter, and he is running a different filter inside of the stock airbox.  I plan to optimize KFKHFM, KFLF, FKKVS once I make the switch to the K-box, because that is ECU file that I'm eventually going to stick with forever (also I'm not really worried about it until K-box because it's not going crazy lean and I don't have egregious knock, bad EGT's or anything. You'll want all of the data points you can get. Because our MLHFM table is 512 values, you'll have to find the values in between. Maybe Julex can chime in with how much/where he changed MLHFM curve from the supplied values on the (if he changed them at all). 

Also, you don't need to pay for the transfer fn.  The bottom of this first link says that you can use the SCT-5000 calibration for the HPX (same sensor), and the  SCT-5000 data is posted in this second link:
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=193&parent=30
http://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19762

Awesome, that's what I was hoping to hear! Thanks for the info. I'm going to pick one up, everything I've read about the sensor is pretty positive. I already took the 30 point sheet and interpolated it to 512 points using a 6th degree polynomial regression for a base curve in a 75mm housing and that looks great. How did you go about interpolating values for your MLHFM?

EDIT: Just saw julex's post in the MAF Diameter thread from a while back. Not sure how I missed that before but it looks like I was on the right track.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:19:56 PM by erroob0977 » Logged

2004 A6 2.7T 6MT: Built motor with SRM RS6/K24s on E85
marcellus

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

That vid had my eyes watering!  Grin  People coming in my office looking at me crazy.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »

Awesome video. Your father really conveys what it feels like inside the car, and the sound coming from that beast is outstanding. I've never been envious of S4's and how you might as well double the price for anything compared to the 1.8t.....until now Grin

Congratulations.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: