Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi TT 2003 1.8T MK1 oil level sensor delete?  (Read 1636 times)
Geomeo

« on: July 31, 2022, 12:49:35 PM »

Currently making plans to remove the wiring /oil level sensor from the oil pan and wondering if it is possible to delete it programmatically?  One website suggests that I can wire 1 & 3 together, which I may end up doing by following back where the wires go and another on an A4 says to change the workshop coding with VCDS on the cluster itself.  Just trying to get an idea if it's possible for the TT or not for now?  I'm very diligent about checking oil level so I don't really need it. At least I'm under the impression I don't need it.   And the way in which I'm rerouting wires around the engine it just makes more sense not to have it there.

George
Amadeus

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 01:42:05 PM »

Currently making plans to remove the wiring /oil level sensor from the oil pan and wondering if it is possible to delete it programmatically?  One website suggests that I can wire 1 & 3 together, which I may end up doing by following back where the wires go and another on an A4 says to change the workshop coding with VCDS on the cluster itself.  Just trying to get an idea if it's possible for the TT or not for now?  I'm very diligent about checking oil level so I don't really need it. At least I'm under the impression I don't need it.   And the way in which I'm rerouting wires around the engine it just makes more sense not to have it there.

George
Any idea why you want to delete it other than being diligent about checking oil? I was under the impression that it also monitors oil temperature.

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

denniss112

Audi TT 99' | 180+HP FWD

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 02:44:32 PM »

Currently making plans to remove the wiring /oil level sensor from the oil pan and wondering if it is possible to delete it programmatically?  One website suggests that I can wire 1 & 3 together, which I may end up doing by following back where the wires go and another on an A4 says to change the workshop coding with VCDS on the cluster itself.  Just trying to get an idea if it's possible for the TT or not for now?  I'm very diligent about checking oil level so I don't really need it. At least I'm under the impression I don't need it.   And the way in which I'm rerouting wires around the engine it just makes more sense not to have it there.

George

Curious why you would delete it too.. what if something breaks your oil pan, or something else happens what causes it to lose oil quickly.. I have the TT without the sensor, and I would love to have it.. Its just a piece of safety, I wouldnt touch it.

But if you realy want to do it, I'd say but a resistor between the wires to make it think its level.. changing the workshop code may effect other features not to work properly..

Geomeo

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 04:23:35 PM »

Any idea why you want to delete it other than being diligent about checking oil? I was under the impression that it also monitors oil temperature.

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

I don't think the TT does oil temperature, but I could be wrong on that.  There are plenty of VW's that don't have the sensor.  I'm guessing VW thought it was pointless to put one in.  Not sure about that either.   I just don't really see a purpose for it if it's just an oil level sensor.
Geomeo

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 04:33:43 PM »

Curious why you would delete it too.. what if something breaks your oil pan, or something else happens what causes it to lose oil quickly.. I have the TT without the sensor, and I would love to have it.. Its just a piece of safety, I wouldnt touch it.

But if you realy want to do it, I'd say but a resistor between the wires to make it think its level.. changing the workshop code may effect other features not to work properly..

I'm aware of the risks.  But honestly this is the only car I've ever driven with an oil level sensor on it.  And I've been driving 30 years various cars.  So I'm not really seeing a purpose to it.   Just trying to eliminate wires around the back of the engine if I can is all.  It's the only wire that runs back there I think.   
Norwegian1.8T

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 01:45:10 PM »

You are "deleting" a grand total of 3 wires and are loosing oil level sender and oil temperature. I dont really get why you would delete something as nice as a oil level/temp unit just to save yourself 3 wires...

But if your really have to do it and you really think its a good idea; You can remove it from soft-coding with VCDS in the instrument cluster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: