Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Throttle cut in 1st gear  (Read 10577 times)
joshuafarwel

« on: August 26, 2022, 09:59:16 PM »

can someone tell me if this looks like traction control or something? Only happens in 1st gear and occasionally 2nd. It happens even when boost is 3psi lower than requested (1st gear doesnt have time to spool my turbo). Doesnt ever happen in 3rd gear even though boost in 3rd goes over requested. My hypothesis is that its from ESP from spinning all the wheels.

I took out and lost my esp button a couple years ago lmao, so i cant just hit the button to turn it off. If someone confirms this looks like traction control i guess im gonna have to find that button or maybe turn it off in my file somehow?

Another question i have and cant figure out is why my requested boost showing in logs is 9.5psi (x2 because 5120 hack so 19psi irl) when i have kfldhbn set to 25psi and all other maps requesting 250 load which is reflected accurately in logs. I do meet the requested 250 load and reach kfldhbns 25psi target without any torque intervention or too low of wgdc so i guess its not a problem, im just wondering where the requested boost is coming from. I never edited my .ecu file for the 5120 hack so i just x2 boost in my head.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 11:43:08 PM »

The easiest way is to fool the ecu into thinking your brakes (or parking brake?) is engaged

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Electronic_Stability_Program

Make sure you only change the signal to your esp controller, and leave the signal to your cluster intact.

I've not tried this so im not 100% sure of the details

Also
https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Disable_ASR
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 11:49:02 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 11:53:11 PM »

here we go
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7487.msg88192#msg88192

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 01:03:08 AM »

The easiest way is to fool the ecu into thinking your brakes (or parking brake?) is engaged

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Electronic_Stability_Program

Make sure you only change the signal to your esp controller, and leave the signal to your cluster intact.

I've not tried this so im not 100% sure of the details

Also
https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Disable_ASR

Thanks so much for the guidance, ill try it tomorrow
joshuafarwel

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 11:59:35 AM »

ff'd nasnotkl and still had the throttle cut in 1st. im going to pull the fuse just to make sure it cant possibly be esp.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 01:48:03 PM »

Please post a complete log...

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 01:49:34 PM »

that sample rate is a bit low, but it is most likely overboost TC

ECUx Plot

joshuafarwel

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 03:57:23 PM »

that sample rate is a bit low, but it is most likely overboost TC

Do you mean underboost tc? When i overboost in higher gears i get no throttle cut but probably not pealing out. My pc is actually a chromebook lol thats why i chose a lower sample rate. I think it sped up how fast it starts taking the log and displaying data
joshuafarwel

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 07:34:42 PM »

Got a new log with fuse 42 pulled with no difference. In 2nd gear its the fastest the car has been yet since closing my spark plug gaps a bit resolving a little misfire i had.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 08:58:34 PM »

Yes. Severe overboost. This is probably some of the worst i've ever seen; no wonder you are seeing TC

Not sure what it is you are trying to do, but your requested boost is a disaster.

You're going to throw codes and have all sorts of issues.

ECUx Plot

joshuafarwel

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2022, 09:01:20 AM »

Yes. Severe overboost. This is probably some of the worst i've ever seen; no wonder you are seeing TC

Not sure what it is you are trying to do, but your requested boost is a disaster.

You're going to throw codes and have all sorts of issues.

Im really confused because in 1st gear i dont even meet requested boost and get hard throttle cut at 6100rpm every single time. In 2nd gear i go over requested boost and dont get throttle cut. I guess ill set kfldhbn to ff and rely on ldrxn to just limit load to 250 and see if that makes a difference. My turbo literally isnt capable of making requested boost in 1st gear so if underboost is my problem i gotta find a solution to keep it from cutting throttle, rather than just requesting less boost.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 01:10:17 PM »

None of what you said matches up with the log you posted.

ECUx Plot

joshuafarwel

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 10:46:00 PM »

make sure youre just looking at 1st gear. not reaching desired boost and the throttle dive bombs at 6100 rpm everytime.

As for the load request issues and overboosting in higher gears; I ffd kfldhbn and it seems to have fixed my too low boost request. I had ldrxn and kfmirl/iop set to 250 just for testing and making sure my chinese turbo doesnt explode. Im going to have ldrxn set to 270 now and irl/iop set to like 320. I found out the idiot way (correct me if im wrong) that rl_w wont go over the highest numbers in irl/iop, so if im overboosting ill still be using 250 load timing, which is no bueno. That should sort my overboost issues as long i have kfldimx adjusted properly.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 03:56:43 PM »

Still struggling with the throttle cut in 1st gear.
changed kfmirl/iop to another configuration, torque monitoring has always been turned off, i think i disabled traction control; even pulled fuse 42, i really have no clue what else to try. ive been looking through everything i can think of and dont know where else to look. No throttle cut in 2nd even at 28psi at mbt in the rain certainly getting at least some wheel slip (ya it was dark and pouring and my life flashed before my eyes Grin) so i can conclude its definitely not tc. Going to log mibas and 3 other ram variables i dont remember the names of at some point today. Also finally edited my .ecu file for 5120 finally
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:05:28 PM by joshuafarwel » Logged
joshuafarwel

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2023, 02:00:41 PM »

been working on this issue and still no luck. installed an esp button, fixed my steering angle sensor, corrected the vardef coding for my car, redid kfmirl iop to where i dont think it could possibly have an error, set kfmizuof and zufil to ff, set them to stock in most recent logs, made no difference. 2nd gear looks and feels beautiful. In 1st gear miszolv dips down below mibas at 6000 rpm every single time, (yes i hit the esp button) even though im still not even close to requested load/boost.
is it improper of me to use kfldhbn to limit boost and set ldrxn way high and out of the way? would that cause me a problem like this? is underboosting really going to cause a torque intervention? Ill actually try a different dhbn ldrxn configuration and take a log after i hit post.

Heres my file and log and the definition i use if anybody would be kind enough to tell me what im doing wrong. Ive been working on this issue for like 5 months lmao, i even redid the entire file from stock with no 5120 and still had the exact issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: