Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Throttle cut in 1st gear  (Read 10569 times)
joshuafarwel

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2023, 03:09:19 PM »

i tried ldrxn tapered from 226 to 250 and dhbn set to all 3s; still cut throttle at 6000rpm in 1st. going to try ldrxn 350 and dhbn set to 24psi now and see what happens.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2023, 03:20:35 PM »

you have a bizarre boost request dip. Why?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2023, 04:19:36 PM »

i tried ldrxn tapered from 226 to 250 and dhbn set to all 3s; still cut throttle at 6000rpm in 1st. going to try ldrxn 350 and dhbn set to 24psi now and see what happens.

Just tried that and realized for 215 load it requests 28psi. With my gt30 and my already calibrated wdkugdn (i logged with a maf to calibrate) it reads my actual load correctly because of wdkugdn. I guess ive forgotten that actual load is mainly based off of my fake maf readings (msdk_w) and not based off the pressure sensor. My requested load to meet my pressure request of 24 psi is off because my kfurl was still calibrated for the ko3 and my gt3076 flows double the air at 23 psi. So i just increased kfurl 10% for now, and ill increase it more after i log if i think its needed.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2023, 06:05:57 PM »

you're not addressing your lde induced throttle cut.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2023, 06:41:52 PM »

you're not addressing your lde induced throttle cut.

What is lde throttle cut?

I logged after raising kfurl and i got the effect i wanted for making my load request match the boost request more accurately but i still got throttle cut in 1st at 6k. 2nd and 3rd were flawless. Im assuming underboosting is the cause but theres nothing i can do to make the turbo spool faster. How do people with big turbos usually go about this?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2023, 06:43:39 PM »

Did you compare requested boost with actual boost during throttle cut?

If you do not know what lde is, now is the time to stop whatever tuning you are doing and fall back to doing a simple stage 1 tune with a completely stock setup.

ECUx Plot

joshuafarwel

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2023, 07:02:24 PM »

Did you compare requested boost with actual boost during throttle cut?

If you do not know what lde is, now is the time to stop whatever tuning you are doing and fall back to doing a simple stage 1 tune with a completely stock setup.

Lde is boost control but i need taught how that relates to my throttle cut and how i can fix it
Ive tuned my 018ch ecu and never had any problems like this. Id request 350 load and get 200 and the ecu didnt care lol im thinking about switching back if i cant figure this out

The dip in requested boost happens as my camshaft retards at 4k rpm, i think thats fine
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 07:06:40 PM by joshuafarwel » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2023, 08:28:14 PM »

No. you have another dip right at throttle cut, you can also see it in plsol

ECUx Plot

joshuafarwel

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2023, 08:51:28 PM »

i see what youre talking about. i thought that was just the torque intervention but i see it happens more gradually in 2nd gear as well.
 Just now i reverted all of the boost pid maps back to stock aside from the 5120 changes just to see what happens. ill log that tomorrow. could you look at my kfmiop and kfmirl and tell me if those are going to cause me problems? i made sure theyre the exact inverse of each other but idk
joshuafarwel

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2023, 09:53:25 AM »

took a log with all boost pid set to stock and i lowered my kfmiop axis to 270 instead of 334 and changed the map accordingly. Obviously got lots of overboost in 2nd gear, it hit 31psi (requested 22 and the throttle only slightly started to close down to like 97% from 6500rpm till i shifted.
1st gear was the same as always. Closed at 6100rpm at 16psi requesting 22. is there some map that defines how much underboost results in torque intervention?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2023, 04:25:40 PM »

tons of unnecessary / weird / garbage changes
some axes filled with random values (kfurl, vlmx..something)
weird dimx
insane zwmn..

as for the logs - misol_w drops at dip and when throttle cut happens
log miasrs, miasrl, minmx, mimax, mibgrl and so on to find the reason
youve got massive overshoot at the second..
joshuafarwel

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2023, 08:00:40 PM »

Started driving car again and still throttle cut. Started a new file from scratch. Im going to put the ecu in my compound turbo 1.8t b5 and see if i get the same problem. Keep getting the feeling that its my car somehow even though i dont have any codes for anything like a wheel speed sensor or  abs or something
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 03:34:14 PM by joshuafarwel » Logged
joshuafarwel

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2023, 02:01:13 PM »

tons of unnecessary / weird / garbage changes
some axes filled with random values (kfurl, vlmx..something)
weird dimx
insane zwmn..

as for the logs - misol_w drops at dip and when throttle cut happens
log miasrs, miasrl, minmx, mimax, mibgrl and so on to find the reason
youve got massive overshoot at the second..

I still haven't figured it out over a year later. Ive restarted the file from scratch like 100 times trying different ways of doing things making sure i do everything by the book and changing the bare minimum to match my hardware. I've been thinking it could have something to with the fact that i never installed knock sensors (e85), although i cant see how that could be related to 1st gear. i did turn off diagnostics for knock sensors but im going to install them to rule out whether or not thats my issue anyways.
I attached a log with all the mi parameters i have available (actually I forgot mibas so ill take another log with mibas).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 03:34:24 PM by joshuafarwel » Logged
aef

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2023, 01:51:55 AM »

What exactly are you trying to show with this log?
the highest accell pedal is 38degree
joshuafarwel

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2023, 09:56:59 AM »

What exactly are you trying to show with this log?
the highest accell pedal is 38degree
Maybe i uploaded the wrong log on accident. Here's the most recent one but i was trying out a new irl iop copied and upscaled from the 225 tt file that only goes up to 207 load in iop and I' not sure how the log looks but I'm sure I didn't hit 207 load in 1st gear and i felt the throttle cut at 6k. I did install the knock sensors before taking this log so i think its safe to say that's not the issue. I did hit the esp button before taking the log. I'm logging all the mi variables available. if we cant figure this out Ill pay someone good to make me a tune that actually works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: