Pages: [1]
Author Topic: banging my head against the wall  (Read 1460 times)
snyprshot

« on: September 24, 2022, 03:27:30 PM »

Long time lurker and a VW dealership tech here. So, we were given a mk4 2001 VR6 GTI that came in with a crank issue, we put in a crank position sensor and thought that would fix it but it turned out to be the ECU they had that was bad, now for the part that involves y'all.
They gave us a $50 ebay ECU to put into the car that does not have the immo defeated for whatever reason. I have been banging my head against the wall for the past 8 hours trying to grab the SKC off of the "new" ECU, I already got the SKC off of the cluster that is in the car so I don't have to worry about the original SKC. but I'm running into an issue when I'm trying to grab the EEPROM using the ME7EEPROM tool
C:\Users\Jared\Desktop\wat>ME7EEPR_M --OBD --SKC -p 3 -b 10400 -r SavedROM.bin
ME7_EEPROM v1.40
COM: 3, Baud Rate: 10400
Opening COM3 ... OK
Initiating communication ... OK
ECU ID response: 021906018R
                 MOTRONIC ME7.1  G
                 SoftCod: 00031, WSC: 26027
Reading EEPROM .......................................................................FAIL. (error=0x80401)
Closing COM3
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum, like I said I need to figure out what the error code means, I have verified that CMD can create files, and I have verified that I can actually see the ECU on programs like VCDS. Using VAG commander it times out trying to read the ECU so that does not work. Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 03:32:38 PM »

Bootmode, and 1.31. Otherwise it wouldnt work for me so..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: