Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: rl pegged at 191.25?  (Read 5124 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2022, 11:49:28 AM »

Nyet, if you're in here, should I be posting this in the 5120 hack thread, or just PM tao until we get this resolved and then update the 5120 thread? I don't use forums much and I don't want to cause clutter.

this is most definitely not clutter. keep on.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
blairl

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 07:02:25 PM »

I have done basically no analysis of this log other than glancing at the laptop while logging.  While doing so, I noticed a bunch of "drop outs" of data in the log while driving over bumps and when the powertrain loaded the engine mounts.  I saw a bunch of really bizarre knock retard, sometimes indicating knock during engine braking or return to idle while turning, stuff that doesn't make sense. 

I have a purple trace for lamfawkr in visualme7logger and I know I saw that going off the bottom of the screen over bumps.

I would never have known there was a problem without the laptop hooked up, the car drives fine.

rl_w (not rl, lesson learned) is still doing it's own thing.  Charge pressure, similarly, is following a profile I'd expect from a fixed WGDC.  I know PRJ mentioned you could blow the wastegate open on these K04-001's real easy, and it's making 25psi according to the boost gauge...maybe I'm just asking for too much.  I have a lot to think about.

I'll have a drink and pick up where I left off tomorrow.  Thank you all for your help and support.

LAMFAWKR, did anyone else find this variable funny?
tao13

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2022, 11:19:48 PM »

Hi. I saw the problem with bts when i left stock TABGBTS. I disabled BTS but on the idle i saw a very rich afr, aproximatly 11.0-11.8. I changed the fuel pump, but without any changes. I will change the fuel pressure regulator to see what happen, because from the software nobody must make this afr request.
I saw the problem with vvt to from time to time, but i change it and again nothing modified. I have this error intermitent witch can affect the idle rev:
16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake)
            P0012 - 35-10 - Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded) - Intermittent.

rogerius

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2022, 12:42:03 AM »

Hi. I saw the problem with bts when i left stock TABGBTS. I disabled BTS but on the idle i saw a very rich afr, aproximatly 11.0-11.8. I changed the fuel pump, but without any changes. I will change the fuel pressure regulator to see what happen, because from the software nobody must make this afr request.
I saw the problem with vvt to from time to time, but i change it and again nothing modified. I have this error intermitent witch can affect the idle rev:
16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake)
            P0012 - 35-10 - Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded) - Intermittent.

check VCDS MB093 and report findings
tao13

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2022, 04:23:19 AM »

Hi Rogerius.
From 2 days after i changed the spring from inside of vvt and the selenoid of vvt, the error doesn't appear.
I made a picture with block 90/91/83 (92 is not available) and i have when coolant temp is 75degree an idle adjustement -3kw (like in attached picture) and -1kw when coolant temp is 90-85 degree.
I specify here i have a DSG DQ250 mounted on the car. I tried 3 different file , 032hf(from automatic car) , 018H and 032HS, nothing happen, all make the same bad idle rev from time to time, only 032HF (from automatic) made the works , saw i think is not a torque intervention problem.
tao13

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2022, 02:54:34 AM »

After another 2 days error come back.
Made a DPUPS stock not devided and the idle rev is much better, but the car feel without power in low rpm before 3500-4000 and the boost is made too slow, after this the boost is made.
Strange things with this 5120.
blairl

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2022, 06:44:36 AM »

I specify here i have a DSG DQ250 mounted on the car.

Dude, that's so cool!  I had no idea a DSG bolts to a 1.8T, that's a very interesting project.  I just had a look at the self study program for that gearbox, I know nothing about these. 

What's the mass of the DSG clutch/flywheel like in comparison to like a flex plate and torque converter or a typical dual mass flywheel and clutch? Were 1.8Ts ever offered with this transmission from VW/Audi?  I imagine a DSG behaves differently enough to a torque converter automatic during transient load/rpm fluctuations that maybe it's contributing to your problem?  I figure it's a question worth asking, I have no clue.

You should make a post in the project cars section, I'd love to follow your build, tao. 

My car generally just acts weird around idle when load changes.  It sounds like a KFMIOP/KFMIRL problem based on research I've done here.  I've read plenty of explanations of how those maps relate here but it's not clicking for me. I just need to find the time to bash my head against the FR until it does.

Mine 'lopes' in a periodic fashion when the AC is on, or when creeping forward by slipping the clutch.  I know the ECU is cracking the throttle because I can see fluctuations in manifold vacuum on the boost gauge, and I know the timing is fluctuating a lot.  It actually will start knocking at idle if the weather is hot enough or sitting in a lot of traffic (!).

I hope I have time to get to this before the season is over for me, once they salt the roads I park my Golf until spring.

LAMFAWKR, did anyone else find this variable funny?
tao13

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2022, 08:32:31 AM »

My car works ok one year with dsg without that problem with idle rev. Now i have some issues/ problem witch can cause the all shits (cut throttle and idle rev)
First i have the camshaft overretards error, even if i changed the solenoid and spring , but it is intermitent , i will see when i have time to buy a new vvt and change it.
Second maybe my dsg clutch is over, even if i don't have error about them. I had only once gew weeks ago about maximum pressure exeed. If they are gone maybe when the car make power the throttle is cut because the clutch sleept.
I want to change the fuel pressire regulator maybe there is other cause at idle rev , because when goes to idle the afr goes very rich 11.2:1 and all my fuel maps are ok and request higher than 11.8:1 amd at idle bts is not active , temp is rised and is not touched to activate it. I don;t know from where this afr goes too rich and like i said i will try to change fpr. I found a topic somewhere where somebody wrote if clutch are gone in dsg can make this shit with idle. I ried to rise pressure in dsg but nothing happen.
And the last thing what i saw in my log , i have actual boost higher than boost desire  but load specified is higher than load actual , but load request is lower than load actual.....maybe must touch KFUR, or kisrm/kvlad......BUT again i tell, my car works ok 1 year, 10000km with this file and dsg and all hardware without other modifications. This is strange.

About yours questions:
-dsg fly is lower than dual mass of manual transmission
-dsg gearbox is heavy, somewhere 90kg so.....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: