Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248368 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 06:18:28 AM »

but at a given load/rpm pair during WOT, is it possible to see both cam states under different conditions?

I'm not sure how conditional it is, but mine has always been predictable so far. High load middle of the RPM band.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »

Kill cam change over until everything else is dialed.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
marcellus

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »

I have the VGT working now and the results as far as the AFR are concerned really have me bummed out.  I have been trying for days to get more fuel in the higher load areas.  I have been adding to the KRKTE and KFKHFM in the high load high RPM areas and the best AFR I get is just under 12.7x.  

Three logs of 2nd and three of 3rd multigear pull.  Ignore the repeat AFR on the 3rd gear run, I couldnt get it removed with the filter settings.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:26:56 PM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »

I can think of two things to try (since i've had problems when actual load is too high with both torque intervention and fueling problems)

Try underscaling your MAF so load doesn't go over 210 (you will have to add krkte to compensate)

Take a another look at your IOP and log the appropriate torque intervention variables

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »

Subtract a % from the whole maf volt linearization map?  That's what u mean by underscale?

My iop and irl and pretty much copied from berttos stg 3 as of Sunday.  I think I got a bit too aggression with the timing, and I had the vgt base opening set to small.  I think the combination of the fast spool, the high timing, and the iop/irl I was playing with pissed the ecu off.  I had crazy torque monitoring codes that wouldn't clear until I pulled the power to.the ecu.  It kind of had me freaked out since I was practically disabled in traffic a few times.  
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:36:17 PM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »

Unrelated, but what are you guys doing to xPLOT to get the calculated whp, wtq to be more realistic?  I went from about 280ish whp with vgt wide open to over 600 whp with it semi functional.    Grin  I wish! 
prj

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2012, 06:53:29 AM »

Fix your hardware first THEN tune.

Your fuel pressure is most likely tapering. Attach a fuel pressure gauge, stick it out from under the hood and floor it.
The pressure should be nominal + boost. So with a 4 bar FPR and 1 bar boost, it would be 5 bar.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2012, 07:20:31 AM »

I will go double check my Fuel pressure.   Last time I checked it was fine.
prj

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2012, 07:27:51 AM »

I will go double check my Fuel pressure.   Last time I checked it was fine.

How exactly did you check it? If it's fine at idle, does not mean it's fine under boost.
You must be able to check the gauge while driving the car.

Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:32 AM »

With a gage while driving.  But, I did it when I first "completed" the engine swap.  Its possible I am losing pressure, or not getting enough flow now that I am pushing it a bit.  I dont doubt anything right now.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2012, 08:11:52 AM »

Unrelated, but what are you guys doing to xPLOT to get the calculated whp, wtq to be more realistic?  I went from about 280ish whp with vgt wide open to over 600 whp with it semi functional.    Grin  I wish! 

Use the right rpm/mph for your gear and make sure you are logging level.

If it doesn't give you consistent results, you are definitely doing it very wrong.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »

With a gage while driving.  But, I did it when I first "completed" the engine swap.  Its possible I am losing pressure, or not getting enough flow now that I am pushing it a bit.  I dont doubt anything right now.

Yeah so check again at the level you are running it at now.

Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »

Use the right rpm/mph for your gear and make sure you are logging level.

If it doesn't give you consistent results, you are definitely doing it very wrong.

Oh, maybe its the fact that I havent figured out that part of my tune yet.  I didnt get around to doing the AIMVM or whatver the map needed are to get propper MPH logged. Also I cant log gear past third.  I havent figured that part out either, and havent really seen a need to yet.  

I am not running the 6 speed on my swap, I am running the 5 speed from the 2.8.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2012, 08:52:57 AM »

logged mph is NOT used for hp estimation. it is assumed you'll get the rpm/mph right (in ecuxplot vehicle profiles) for the gear you are logging in.

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »

OH, the whp/wtq calculator needs to be done in third gear and the rpm per mph needs to be set up properly for my third gear?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: