Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248235 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2012, 03:42:41 PM »

I just read somewhere on this forum where someone said a proper tune will have the KFKHFM table all set to 1's.

That is a load of crap Smiley

No intake setup is that perfect.

The problem is, you have no real way of knowing what is the cause of your fueling being off. If you dial in the MAF (in KFKHFM) assuming fueling is perfectly linear, and KRKTE (and TVUB) is magically exactly right, and you manage to magically get req to always match actual AFR, it means your MAF model is probably close... but it STILL doesn't mean your MAF readings are accurate and your scaling is right.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »

Oh, well thats nice to know.  That kind of information stresses me out since I am trying to learn how to do things the "right" way. 

So, at this point all I can do is dial everything in so that it all just works?  I have had that several times now.  I had the actual fuel follow requested prefect.  I hacked the crap out of KHKHFM, KRKTE, TVUB, KFLF.  I also borrowed a few maps from Berttos' stg 3 tune.  I had that retarded notch from 3800-4k and it affected actual fuel, MAF, and LOAD.  Without the mods to I think it was three maps, no matter what I did the car would dump fuel at 4k and then overshoot towards almost too lean, and settle back out around 5.3-5.5k.  Now, notch is gone in all maps as far as I have seen.
prj

« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »

You guys make it seem so easy  "just pick a scaling and..."
Because it is...

I just think this thing is a little over your head. You have some very different hardware going on compared to stock, but little experience mapping.
You are slowly learning (as we all are/did), but I am not sure that you will get this dialed in anytime soon.

You also seem frustrated - if you are frustrated maybe it's a good idea to let someone who has more experience help you.
Unfortunately people who have more experience are usually busy, and want money for their services :p

As for dialing it in fully, you have to realize why you are doing things. Your setup will easily hit the ps_w limit. Are you logging ps_w?
You don't need any more fancy hardware, you just need to tune.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:14:37 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »

Because it is...

I just think this thing is a little over your head. You have some very different hardware going on compared to stock, but little experience mapping.
You are slowly learning (as we all are/did), but I am not sure that you will get this dialed in anytime soon.

You also seem frustrated - if you are frustrated maybe it's a good idea to let someone who has more experience help you.
Unfortunately people who have more experience are usually busy, and want money for their services :p

As for dialing it in fully, you have to realize why you are doing things. Your setup will easily hit the ps_w limit. Are you logging ps_w?
You don't need any more fancy hardware, you just need to tune.

I completely agree with you.  As sad as that makes me.........
I did have it running really well for a while, but I am not satisfied with it just running well.  I want to know why it all just works, and if I did it the right way.  Since I dont fully understand what is right or what is wrong, I wouldnt know the difference if i did it or paid somebody to do it for me.   
marcellus

« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »

The biggest help was when you and Nyet kept telling me that my fueling was hardware related and keep digging around.  Since then I added the fuel pump and yeah, you guys were absolutely right.  I didnt have enough pump and I was adding fuel to compensate for it.  As soon as I added the pump and tried a WOT pull the AFR was so rich it maxed out the gage.  Newb lesson learned. 

Since then, it has been pretty easy actually.  I have an idea of what maps do what and I log this thing so much it isnt even funny...."dont guess log".    Smiley    Right now, the car runs just fine.  Other than the STFT being retarded, but I can attribute that to the LC-1....the one sensor feeding the two narrowband inputs.  I still havent been able to succesfully get the banks to trim off of one sensor, and will more than likely solve the problem soon by adding the two stock sensors back in.  Max @ 034 says he hasnt had a problem with sensors lasting pre turbo, and that was my only concern when I started the build. 

Snow Trooper

« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »

they do last pre turbo, just not very long if you boost a lot.  Heatsink spacers help.  I added them back to mine just because I had it all apart.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
marcellus

« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »

I am following suit here shortly.  I can get WOT pretty much nailed but this partial and idle is not going to work with one sensor until the tuning gets figured out.  At this point I have worn myself ragged trying to figure it out.  No matter what, I still end up down the same road, the ecu adding a ton of fuel to one and starving the other....but it is content since the AFR at the one sensor in the one downpipe is reading stoich.  No matter how dialed in I get the trims, given enough drive time the banks will start to fight each other.

What are you doing for heatsinks?  I thought it was the pressure not so much the heat that would possibly kill the sensors.
prj

« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2012, 01:30:15 AM »

Okay, so why not fit a single narrowband sensor and run both banks off of it?
Can you post your binary? I'll do the necessary modification.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2012, 09:00:02 AM »

Here is the BIN I am currently running.  I am still messing with a few maps, but if you can figure out the single sensor thing, that would be great.

Right now I am I have the single WBO2 connected to the LC-1, and the LC-1 sending two narrowband sensors to the ECU.  If it were to just read from one, which sensor would input would it be reading from? 
phila_dot

« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »

Here is the BIN I am currently running.  I am still messing with a few maps, but if you can figure out the single sensor thing, that would be great.

Right now I am I have the single WBO2 connected to the LC-1, and the LC-1 sending two narrowband sensors to the ECU.  If it were to just read from one, which sensor would input would it be reading from?  

Are you still planning on simulating the narrowband input from WB?

It doesn't matter which bank, whichever one you want to plug into.

It's a simple solution really, where the ECU first gets input from the sensor, you just replace the variable for one bank with the other. That way it is reading both banks from one sensor.

To go one step further, identify the ESKONF bit pair for the unused bank to diasable power stage diagnosis and the sensor can be removed completely.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:02:49 AM by phila_dot » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2012, 10:12:15 AM »

No, I dont want the lc-1 in there anymore.  Its too much of a hassle, and I have a zeitronix in there now. 
marcellus

« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

Are you still planning on simulating the narrowband input from WB?

It doesn't matter which bank, whichever one you want to plug into.

It's a simple solution really, where the ECU first gets input from the sensor, you just replace the variable for one bank with the other. That way it is reading both banks from one sensor.

To go one step further, identify the ESKONF bit pair for the unused bank to diasable power stage diagnosis and the sensor can be removed completely.

If it cant be done in tunerpro, I cant do it yet.  I am not that advanced.  That is pretty much why I figured it would be easier (for me) just to replace sensors a bit more instead of beating myself up over simple driveability right now. 
phila_dot

« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »

If it cant be done in tunerpro, I cant do it yet.  I am not that advanced.  That is pretty much why I figured it would be easier (for me) just to replace sensors a bit more instead of beating myself up over simple driveability right now. 

prj offered to do it and if I get the time before he gets to it I could do it for you.

Which bank do you prefer to operate?

I haven't looked at your binary yet, what platform/software are you on?
marcellus

« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »

It doesnt matter which bank.   I am running M-box 2.7 software.
phila_dot

« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »

I changed the file you provided to operate both banks primary O2 sensor readings from the sensor connected to bank one.

I had to change three references to uusvk2_w.  

==============================================================================
me7check v1.11 (c) mki, 06/2004-07/2011
Checking file marcellus_single_b1.bin (size=1048576)
Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = embedded in CPU, asume 05.12/05.32
-> EPK = 40/1/ME7.1/5/6005.01//22m/DstC2o/011200//
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - '0261207143'         (SSECUHN)
   - '1037360857'         (SSECUSN)
   - '8D0907551M  '       (VAG part number)
   - '0002'               (VAG sw number)
   - '2.7l V6/5VT     '   (engine id)
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - 'HW_MAN004'

-> No errors found. File is OK.   *********************
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: