Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248448 times)
britishturbo

« Reply #420 on: February 08, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »

Since we are all here, do you think it is possible to wire in the 75psi Map sensor that my ZT-2 is using and run the 5120?

If you want crappy resolution...
jibberjive

« Reply #421 on: February 08, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »

I don't know what the resolution of the OEM TDi 4-bar is, but Marcellus' 5-bar is the high-spec stainless 5-bar that I've talked about elsewhere (I sold it to you, right Marcellus?), and will likely have better resolution than the OEM 4-bar.

And yes, you can wire it in (you may have to change the offset though).
marcellus

« Reply #422 on: February 08, 2013, 11:37:41 AM »

Yup its the 5 bar one.  I know the stock MAP sensor is pre-throttle body, do you think there will be an issue since the Zeitronix is reading from the nipple on the top of intake manifold?  Will there be any ill effects of splitting the wiring to go to the ZT-2 and the ECU?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #423 on: February 08, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »

Yup its the 5 bar one.  I know the stock MAP sensor is pre-throttle body, do you think there will be an issue since the Zeitronix is reading from the nipple on the top of intake manifold?  Will there be any ill effects of splitting the wiring to go to the ZT-2 and the ECU?

Yes. The ECU expects the MAP signal to represent pre-tb pressure. Take another look at the FR..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #424 on: February 08, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »

Yes. The ECU expects the MAP signal to represent pre-tb pressure. Take another look at the FR..

I figured as much.  Just checking.  Plus, I remember BT having issues with his MAP post TB.
ddillenger

« Reply #425 on: February 08, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »

British Turbo had his map sensor post-tb, plumbed into the intake. He had some REAL issues running that way.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
britishturbo

« Reply #426 on: February 08, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »

British Turbo had his map sensor post-tb, plumbed into the intake. He had some REAL issues running that way.

Yeah it doesn't work lol.
I learned that the hard way :-)

ME7 EXPECTS the MAP to be pre throttle body. If it detects vacuum it throws a fit :-)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #427 on: February 08, 2013, 08:14:38 PM »

That's the least of your problems.... even if you clamp the sensor to no show vac, the ECU approximates pressure drop across the TB to generate calculated manifold air pressure.... if your sensor is post TB, that number is completely wrong.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
britishturbo

« Reply #428 on: February 08, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »

That's the least of your problems.... even if you clamp the sensor to no show vac, the ECU approximates pressure drop across the TB to generate calculated manifold air pressure.... if your sensor is post TB, that number is completely wrong.

Yepp. Just don't do it is the easy answer lol.
marcellus

« Reply #429 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:08 PM »

Agreed
jibberjive

« Reply #430 on: February 08, 2013, 09:53:22 PM »

Agreed
You can get a plug and throw it into the stock sensor's spot with a vacuum tube (which is what I thought you were originally intending to do), as you won't necessarily need to log with the Zeitronix anymore.  Though that obviously means that it wouldn't be hooked up to the Zeitronix, if you've got an in-cabin boost gauge with your setup.
marcellus

« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »

You can get a plug and throw it into the stock sensor's spot with a vacuum tube (which is what I thought you were originally intending to do), as you won't necessarily need to log with the Zeitronix anymore.  Though that obviously means that it wouldn't be hooked up to the Zeitronix, if you've got an in-cabin boost gauge with your setup.

I can easily make a plug/adapter for the stock sensor location.  I just need to figure our what info I would need to make it work in my file (re-read the 5120 thread). 

I really don't like the ZT-2 with the LCD for boost anyways.  If the numbers don't sit stable for long the display is really hard to read, especially while driving.  I probably need to look into it some more, maybe there is a filter option or some sort of smoothing....I dunno.  If I cant get it a bit better I will more than likely go with a different boost monitoring setup. 

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2013, 11:21:01 PM »

you can add an inline restrictor if you want, it will smooth things out...

ECUx Plot

jibberjive

« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2013, 11:57:22 PM »

Yeah, they generally call it an 'anti-buzz' fitting or something. It's just a small restrictor that helps dampen the pulsations before the sensor.
marcellus

« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2013, 12:14:46 AM »

Do you think and inline restictor/anit-buzz piece will help with the readout?  I will look into it further.  I had to make an adapter to go to a smaller I.D. hose to go to the sensor form the intake mani.  I guess I could remake one with a smaller I.D..
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
  Print  

Jump to: