Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: me7 ecu's with no throttle response after o2 wires shorting, how to fix?  (Read 24585 times)
k0mpresd

ive seen a few of these ecu's. the rear o2 wires short out due to bad downpipe placement, ect.
the end result is an ecu that does not work the throttle.
i have tried replacing the 30348 ic on the board but that did not seem to fix the problem.
i checked the board over for other obvious faults but coudlnt find any.

does anyone know where the fault lies?  Smiley
k0mpresd

is it a mosfet problem? would seem to make sense since looking at that diagram a mosfet controls the wb heater.
DonSupreme

When the ecu is placed/running in the car does it throw any codes?
robin

I've seen this happen a few times, usually the ECU will have a little scorch mark on the underside underneath the Eprom. Never bothered trying to fix, simply got another ECU and cloned it.
masterj

Does ECU holds ~1000 rpm? Check group 60 and see if the throttle body adaptation will start. If not then say bye bye to your ecu and get a new one. I accidently touched wrong pin for boot mode and ecu responded with the dead accelerator pedal. Had to replace ecu since it was unrepairable (possibly damaged processor or other blocks). Just change ecu, it will be much cheapier and easier Wink

k0mpresd

but its not cheaper if i already have a few spare ecus i can ri parts off of. Smiley
masterj

but its not cheaper if i already have a few spare ecus i can ri parts off of. Smiley

Well, start with the processor chip then try to resolder one by one every chip on board with chips from spare ecus...

k0mpresd

that sounds like too much work. there are lots of diodes, caps, resistors, ect that would be blown as well.
ive looked over and over this ecu though and im thinking the best would be to change the cpu.
masterj

that sounds like too much work. there are lots of diodes, caps, resistors, ect that would be blown as well.
ive looked over and over this ecu though and im thinking the best would be to change the cpu.

Told ya Smiley I was thinking same thing but then bought another ecu :d

k0mpresd

eh, id still rather fix it.  Smiley i hate replacing. id rather fix.
parts_hoarder

I had an ME7.1.1 from VW 24V with this exact problem and cause. I always figured the ECU was NFG, but a friend later cloned his ECU to that box and its been working ever since.

Try reflash before labotomy.

k0mpresd

i dont see how that could be it as i ripped an apr chip from an ecu with these symptoms and soldered it to a new board and it worked fine.
its most definitely hardware.
parts_hoarder

your probably right, hardware issue is what I suspected right away too. It's just strange how different software brought it back to life in my case.
BDK

I had one where I added grounds externally to verify the ecm was in fact the problem.  By the wiring diagram it looks like pins 33 and 36 which are grounds for the accelerator pedal assembly.  I remember being able to see the effect in mvb 62. I still have the ecm somewhere, if I can find it I'll take a look but I would try to trace back those ground pins in the ecm.  For what it's worth the car ran and drove fine with the hack extra grounds, but if it was my car I would want to fix it right.
k0mpresd

so you ran a jumper from the throttle body > ground? is that what youre saying?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: